WW2:Lodagond-1 [Optimized]

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
:oldshock: I must see them!

Castle map?

Also... Origionally i had it so you couldnt escape the boss room. Though now I can't tell this will cause a lot of crying and such, so i have a solution.

You will be able to escape the boss room via portals around the room, but at a price: they will lead to smaller room filled with baddies or puzzles that you have to get past in order to rejoin the main fight. You can heal up and such, but its not a free "oh wait, pause, you're killing me i don't to play anymore"

I person per mini room. the portal closes once someone goes in, and open once they come back, thought i havent really thought through how i can set this up.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Jeeze Crow, changelog:
http://www.thothie.com/ms/!msc_betapack_changelog.txt

Meh, stupid forums, you'll have to copy and paste that url. In anycase, all yer scripts, including the wizards and "the real" Maldora are there.

The Sorc chief, in addition to the other crap, can also teleport, you'll need:
monsters/sorc_telepoint1
monsters/sorc_telepoint2
monsters/sorc_telepoint3
monsters/sorc_telepoint4

Spawn those before he does, and he'll teleport to their locations, and his spawn point, periodically.

Yer generic Maldora Fragment is there too:
lodagond/maldora_fragment
Think you'd planned two of those in front of his office. More than two would likely go crashy.

Also of note for your map:
monsters/maldora_gminion_random - Maldora's greater minions
monsters/ogre_ice - Marogar Ogre
monsters/ice_mage - The ice mages ya wanted
monsters/cold_lady - Ghostly freezy cold lady
lodagond/sorc_intro - This is supposed to be the mages putting the sorc chief on ice, but it's untested, and likely not working just yet.

I should probably make a winter wolf or something, seeing as how we have a model for it...

As fer yer little issue, hopefully I'll get a chance to look at it soon.

The real Maldora breaks into fragments that each have one of the regular Maldora fragment's tricks so they don't crash. At the moment, however, he just makes industrial strength images instead.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
That escape idea sounds good, abit like nihilant in HL where it sends you to another place with a teleporter

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
You will be able to escape the boss room via portals around the room, but at a price: they will lead to smaller room filled with baddies or puzzles that you have to get past in order to rejoin the main fight. You can heal up and such, but its not a free "oh wait, pause, you're killing me i don't to play anymore"

Great idea O_O Hopefully it stops certain whiners >_>

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Ty

Also, before i head to bed, heres a screen. I spent most of my time on entity stuff, making sure everything worked alright, so I dont have much. This is on of the room you'll be teleported to.

untitledul9.png

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
o_O

um...i don't get it. it'll make more sense when the map is out i guess... (that screenshot, not the concept of teleporters to puzzle rooms)

speaking of when the map is out, when is the map coming out? next month? two months?

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Looking good. Would look better if it was released.

Sorry I shouldn't pressure you. I was late in my release. (I believe)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Er um... There seems to be some confuzionz - the Orc Chief teleports - not the players. ;)

Teleporting players would be a neat new ability for the final Maldora - been trying of think of easy things to add to him.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Crow said:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Oh, the Nilh comment got me thinking someone was thinking that the boss teleported players to dewmsville the way Nihilanth does at the end of HL1... Which wouldn't be a bad idea, but tis more map work.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Or have them up above and have Maldora throw you into random ones! >_>

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Something along those lines yes :D

Btw... I'm useing an env_model to represent the orc boss as hes being frozen, and then i kill target it and spawn him. It looks good so far but I have just a regular orc in his place because i dont know what his model is, or what skin/submodel or whatever the hell i have to to do make him show up as an env_model.

Also, something amusing. Physically the rooms you teleport to are right below the boss room. I went in one, and his sword he throws went through the ground and through the void and killed me in the room. I will probably move the rooms farther away but, damn, that was a scary experience hearing this sword "woosh woosh" flying around, and you're stuck in this tiny ass tunnel with no idea where its coming, and then bam you're dead.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
LOL... Hmm... I think the sword has some sort of range cap, but I'll have to double check... It is dodgable - but yeah, the bugger hurtz! ><

If there were other players fighting though, it wouldn't be likely to happen, as he always tosses it at his current target.

For the Sorc intro... I had lodagond/sorc_intro - and what this script SHOULD do, is spawn a circle of 4 ice mages, and the sorc chief, partially frozen. They have a little conversation, but the players are prevented to getting at them by a Maldora style barrier until the freeze job is complete, then the mages attack. When the mages die, Ragnar breaks out and starts pwning peeps.

At the moment, I'm fairly certain that intro doesn't work, and I think ye maybe best just spawning the sorc right off, as a place holder, so ye don't have to worry about it... Meh - I think I forgot to have him fire an event when he's defeated or dies though, so the map can react accordingly.

edit: And no, the Blooddrinker has no range limit! >< - I've added one of 2048 units - should be enough.

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Hmm

Alright. Well, if you can't get it to work, heres how i thought It would go.

1. Spawn place holder, spawn wizards that sit untill told otherwize by an event, spawn beams that go from the wizard to the ice, trigger the ice to rize.

2. Boss and wizards have thier little conversation while the ice rizes.

3.Ice reaches its peak, kill beams, trigger wizards to wake up (move around, attack players, act like normal monsters), kill the cage blocking you from entering the platform (though you still see whats going on), door closes behind player(s), portals activate outside the entrance to the boss room (incase people were outside when the door closed) and at the start of the map (incase you die) that lead to the boss platform.

4. wizards die, kill ice block, kill place holder, spawn the real thing.

5. boss dies, treasure, yay.

EDIT: Just tested you're script, game crashed =\

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Figured... Tis a script I wrote up on the laptop but never got the chance to test, and a complicated one at that. I've not much time left to fiddle with it tonight (plus I can't test until I get Steam back on the main system, or install it on one of the others).

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I tested Maldora out, and I was impressed, even with the mere five seconds with him before the game crashed.

The orc boss room is about done, I just have to think of a way to be able to block the teleporters for a cerain time intereval repeatedly. I wish I could just turn off the teleport brush and the sprite for a short time but I can't think of a way to rig it so i can do it over and over agian.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Crow said:
five seconds with him before the game crashed.

I'm confident this will be a fun boss battle.

Crow said:
I just have to think of a way to be able to block the teleporters for a cerain time intereval repeatedly

Multimanager + trigger relay with a delay

replica

New Adventurer
Reaction score
make two trigger_relays with the same targetname both trigger the teleporters multisource. have the first relay's delay set to 0 and have its triggerstate set to 0(off), have the 2nd relay's delay set to 30 and have its triggerstate set to 1(on). this should make it so every time you trigger the relays it shuts off the teleporter and then turns it back on in 30 seconds(i hope)

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Well I've got it to work on the sprite, but the teleporter still wont go off.

I didn't quite understand the thing with the multisource. Did you mean make the multisource the master of the teleporter?

I'm just using a multimanager with 2 trigger relays atm.

replica

New Adventurer
Reaction score
yes the multisource would be the teleporters master and you would have one relay setting the multisource to off and the other one setting it to on. although im not too sure multisources work that way :?

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
'friad not. multisource will only "tigger" when all things that target it are triggered. thus two trigger relays targeting it would have to go off at the same time.

But, fear not, I found out how to make it work.

I have a multisource and a multimanager. The multimanager counts as one thing, so i can have it target the teleporter twice at two different times, so basically it worked how you envisioned it.

Only problem is, I don't know how to make it "on" in the first place.

I might have to use two teleporters and just kill the first one.

EDIT: actually that won't work... kinda stumped now. guess i'll sleep on it.

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
OMG DUBBLE PEWST

After hours of trying combinations of multi_managers, trigger_relays, and multisources, I finally said fuck it.

Now instead of the teleporter disapearing, instead a shield pops up over it via a sprite and my good friend the trigger_push.

Works and looks great, just wish i'd thought of it sooner :oldangry: .

Not much left to do :D

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I've always had a hard time with masters and triggers, particularly masters and teleporters. Not entirely sure if it's MSC or not, as I've never had cause to use one in NS.