WW2:Lodagond-1 [Optimized]

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Sabre said:
Crow said:
Nope. Really all i want is a hue change, which I know how to do now, but feel free to do it for me. I just want it a dark blue. If you feel like adding something else to it... glowing runes... w/e feel free. I just want it to look different.

It's sure scared the **** outta me the first time I saw it tho :oldshock:

Is there a .mdl for it? And what color are ya lookin for? :D

:mrgreen:

I belive the model is named "abomination.mdl" in the models folder under monsters or some such

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Crow said:
Sabre said:
Crow said:
Nope. Really all i want is a hue change, which I know how to do now, but feel free to do it for me. I just want it a dark blue. If you feel like adding something else to it... glowing runes... w/e feel free. I just want it to look different.

It's sure scared the **** outta me the first time I saw it tho :oldshock:

Is there a .mdl for it? And what color are ya lookin for? :D

:mrgreen:

I belive the model is named "abomination.mdl" in the models folder under monsters or some such

Whoops, didn't see that :oops: ...I'll check it out.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Just a reminder that all the scripts you need for Lodagond are in place... I haven't worked out chests or quest bits, but everything to make the map function should be there.

...I just realized you planned to move this to WW2 though? Zomg... It'll never get done then. :oldcry: What did I tell you about being over ambitious? ;)

tehrilez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i'm working on that dark blue reaver

here

new.gif

is this generally what you want

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah... I added that, but did some stuff to it for the Maldora plot.

proposed_maldora.gif
maldora_reaver.gif

Just some Maldora runes to suggest who grabbed a reaver and uberfied it.

...one issue I'm having with it, is that the spikes do not show up red in-game. I'm not sure if this is because they share the name of a texture on the test map, or differences between Jed's and the HL1 chrome system, or what. :/

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Oh wow, Maldora looks a lot better when he's not hologram-y. Though, I think the face could use a little work, if anyone can do it. It's kinda flat and weird looking.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Looks like a space man.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
CROW!!! Release or it didn't happen!

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Yea yea, I hit one of those... "I'm really god damn bored with this map" feelings, so I haven't worked on it for like a month.

But lately the mapping buzz is coming back, so I'll get some shit done today. Maybe.

No I will.

Really >_>

Oh, and I need the script file name for the orc boss so i cant test it out finally.

sweet jesus i need to make smaller maps or something

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
OH

MY

GOD

This boss is fucking amazing. I love it so much, i'm all excited to map agian.
He long-jumps, shoots lighting storms and tornados that knock you flying, throws his god damn sword at you and it twirls around like a boomarang.

sweet jesus.

it looks wierd when he has no sword and long-jump slashes, but still... who cares, hes a bamf

in the boss chamber i have now its way too easy to kite him. im gonna have to make it a little smaller, since the floor is slippery, the boss slides around as well and has a hard time getting to you, and its so big you can easily avoid all his other stuff.

Screens tonight.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
You bet your ass he's a hard boss. In fact, "hard boss" is probably an understatement for the Orc chief of the Shahaddar tribe.

But then again, the chief is a creampuff compared to "the other boss" you will find in Lodagond. Ask Crow.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Maldora?

If maldora summons fragments of maldora have fun with a map that crashes 9/10 runs.

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Secrets!

Not really.

Anywho... thothie did you make the scripts for the wizards and such?
Like how they just stand there untill they are triggered?

also, whats the model name for the orc boss?

edit: Oh, and the skeletons are still fucked up, they're not sleeping like they used to. I know you said it works fine for you, so i dont really know what to do, I certainly didnt change anything. I checked it and it looks like it should work. Maybe you can look at the one I uploaded and make sure it works, and ill download it from the server and look at it.