*sigh*

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Yea, i got really bored with wicardoven for some reason, and when i got a leak i couldnt find, i gave up on it.

so, needless to say, someone else should take it on

download source

and, if anyone wants the all in one wad i put together out of textures i searched all over the internet for and hours to combine all the wads i found, and i use it for all my maps, and itll take FOREVER to download, here it is.

downloadlol

Avoozl

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I'll look at it when I have time, finding leaks is something I have had alot of practice with :oldangry:.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
aww he did not use my source...he has all the issues my version had...like the one way skybox that kills lighthing

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Crow said:
and, if anyone wants the all in one wad i put together out of textures i searched all over the internet for and hours to combine all the wads i found, and i use it for all my maps, and itll take FOREVER to download, here it is.

downloadlol

Ummm... Please upload a compiled BSP (with leak, just the HLCSG/HLBSP) - and link it to me, so I can extract the textures used from it, and thus not get throttled for your 200MB wad. ;)

PS. I'm also axing that download link, meantime, for technical reasons. I may restore it as a rar or some such.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
i'll get a new link up for that wad once i get home...though, it wont stay up for long [maybe a month-ish] since my site is going down :( (lack of funds)

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
why exactly dont mods just use a single huge wadfile? seems to make more sense than having 20 wad files and wondering which one the texture you want is in...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Modular and memory issues, and the largest single file you can transfer over custom content is 16MB.

Only other issue I can think of, is sometimes two different textures appear under the same name in two separate maps, thus the central wad method conflicts.

Granted, I sometimes ask why doesn't everyone compile with -nowadtextures so end users don't have to deal with wads at all.

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
im just going to take out what i need from this monster of a wad :wink:
EDIT: MOTHER FUCKER IT STILL DOESNT WORK!

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I made it a while ago. I took like 2-3 hours to steal all the cool textures out of every wad from every hl1 mod i had (which was a sh*t ton) and even a few i downloaded (one was in the wrong format, for another game i think, so i had to re-save all of them and then put them in the wad)

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
sorry bout da necro-post (again)

but i need to know if anyone has fixed this, or is currently working on it...soz i dont waste my time fixing it later.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
lol, yea u can compile your map not needing wads. thats what im going to end up doing and just add a wad file with some textures people can use for custom content later on in a dev folder...

oh and that allinone.wad file isnt taking that long for me .... so far been like 1 minute... and its almost done.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
the wad file is almost 100mb if i remember right :roll:

but ceriux, i'll fix this one...i'd also like to look around it a bit too, though i wont be able to work on it quite yet - gotta finish bloodrose first.