Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Re: WW2:Lodagond-2/3/4 [WIP]

dubble poost

In addition to fixes on previous page:

Map Update:
Maldora: Now with less lives! (1 life instead of infinite)

Thothie, you can update your source by changing maldoras lives value from 1 to 0

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

1) You have not sent me the source, SFAIK, so I can't.

2) The download link is the same one you created, so you may update it as you wish.

3) Treazhure

Thothie, you can update your source by changing maldoras lives value from 1 to 0
4) 0 = unlimited lives :|

Do you think it could be you have a trigger_multiple targeting his spawn, instead of a trigger_once?

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score

Er.. 0 to 1.

If we are talking the source to loda4, im looking at it right now under MSCrow/skycastle2

His lives were at zero, and he didn't target anything on death, so I fixed both of those, which should fix both problems.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Ah, so these are all the current sources (with the fix?) If so I can setup a map patch or fix the issue, if you haven't already re-uploaded. This trigger targets his treasure spawn I assume?

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score

Its been uploaded since my last post with all fixes, so its good to go, and yes he triggers a multisource which then triggers the chest 3 seconds later.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Sabre said:
Thothie said:
No, we've been saving the Runghar quest for next month, as the resulting reward is Blood Drinker, and I no can add new weapons until we get some model consolidation.

As for the empty chest, I shall have to examinate the new map sources and figure what and where they are when I get them. ;)

Speaking of weaponry, Lodagond, and lewt...Did you get the PM I sent today? ;)

Need you to check it, and make sure that's what you wanted.

Not... Quite... Close enough that I may be able to work with it... But look at the Bandits (eg. models/npc/bandit_boss.mdl ). See how the weapons are in their own submodel group? That'd work best - but if that's hard, I can try to work with this.

One other thing I notice - your fireaxe projectile - spins the wrong way. Projectiles.mdl spin_vertical animations are clock-wise. So your axe spins backwards, as it faces left. You maybe able to fix this by re-orienting the bone.

PS. Awsome work Crow, once again... I think ye have the wrong chest on Lodagond-3 (although it's the most logical one to have there) - I'll just alias the script over so ye don't have to edit the map. (Dunno if you got my PM with the chest names?)

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

Thothie said:
Sabre said:
Thothie said:
No, we've been saving the Runghar quest for next month, as the resulting reward is Blood Drinker, and I no can add new weapons until we get some model consolidation.

As for the empty chest, I shall have to examinate the new map sources and figure what and where they are when I get them. ;)

Speaking of weaponry, Lodagond, and lewt...Did you get the PM I sent today? ;)

Need you to check it, and make sure that's what you wanted.

Not... Quite... Close enough that I may be able to work with it... But look at the Bandits (eg. models/npc/bandit_boss.mdl ). See how the weapons are in their own submodel group? That'd work best - but if that's hard, I can try to work with this.

One other thing I notice - your fireaxe projectile - spins the wrong way. Projectiles.mdl spin_vertical animations are clock-wise. So your axe spins backwards, as it faces left. You maybe able to fix this by re-orienting the bone.

PS. Awsome work Crow, once again... I think ye have the wrong chest on Lodagond-3 (although it's the most logical one to have there) - I'll just alias the script over so ye don't have to edit the map. (Dunno if you got my PM with the chest names?)

Hey, you can throw a tomahawk backwards ;) (Seriously, you can.)

I'll take another crack at Maldora right now.

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

This is confusing, where is the lastest updated version?

Is it the one uploaded in Thothie or somewhere else >_<?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

There's only the one link. The one at the top of this page and the one on my website point to the same URL.

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score

Shouldnt this be tagged '[complete]' or something by now?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

[REL] rather... but yeah... *ninja edits*

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Does maldora have an intro or something?

because we entered the boss room (loda-4) and he already was running around casting spells, and in the little altar there was a greater minion of poison sitting and eventually getting up

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
FER said:
Does maldora have an intro or something?

because we entered the boss room (loda-4) and he already was running around casting spells, and in the little altar there was a greater minion of poison sitting and eventually getting up

He will, but doesn't under this patch. He probably just hopped on it and summoned there. They kinda rise from the ground which leads to funky displays sometimes.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Hes alot tamer now. he doesnt use his yellow lighting on a certain player at first sight

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I've not done anything to him in that regards, so IDK what this sort of report is about.

He picks a spell at random every 7 seconds (barrier/summon/zap). Certain spells he cannot do under certain conditions (for instance, he can't summon while standing in a circle, or if there are X # of summons running about), in which case he he selects another spell in 2 seconds. Weapon change is also a spell, but it has a quicker refresh time than others, if he changes his weapon type with his spell, he cast another within 2 seconds.

That's how it's all supposed to work, anyways.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I'm glad that ^ is how it's supposed to work, because the first time I fought him (and eventually gave up, this was when he was still in the smaller bossroom) he was spamming spells like crazy. I think it literally took him one second to charge up his next spell that one session. It wasn't really fun anymore.

He was like LOL RAPIST BOULDERS *multi kill* followed by his yellow lightning attack one second later, followed again one second later by his red barrier of total death and destruction.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Never got to experience that terror version of him. ;) Not that he isn't quite a terror as he is... I've a feeling the boss regen system kinda fuxed him a bit though.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I think you saw him like that back then, You were in the same server as I.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
He seemed to be working right then. :\ Just, well, a little impossible to defeat with 4 disorganized level 30's and one level 40 (as he should be).

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I liked his lighting on sight because you needed more than 1 player to attack him.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
FER said:
I liked his lighting on sight because you needed more than 1 player to attack him.
He still does that as far as I noticed.

And it still took me a long ass time to beat him because some of the people I played with decided that it would be fun to attack the minions, rather than hurt the regen-per-minute doom bringer all-killer boss :mrgreen:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
He shouldn't do lightning "on sight" - but the two longest lasting spells are the lightning spells, so they are the most likely for him to be casting when you come accross him.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I keep trying to get on the TPoD server, I d/l'ed the loda4 map from their server when we transitioned from loda3, then it told me my loda4.bsp differed from the servers. First of, I don't know how that's possible since I downloaded from the server, second, I got another run of the map from this thread, and it still tells me my version is different. Any idea on what's going on?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It maybe the server is out of date, but pointing to a custom content server where it is not.