Crow's Official Projects Thread

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
-= Crow's Official Projects Thread =-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yea, I've decided to make a thread where I post about every thing I'm doing, or plan to do in the future. A sticky would be nice, but I'm sure this thread will get enough attention that it won't wander off the page anytime soon. Excpect lots of screenshots and more. Enjoy! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've decided it's a good idea to make a huge post and all after i have a map done. So yea, i'll have something... eventually... :twisted:

Crow's Temple Dynamic Quest! (Maybe!)

omgAplhaVideo

music: Bleach soundtrack

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
ah, thats alot of things to do...fortunately you wont have to worry about those other maps being fixed, as other mappers have undertaken those tasks :D

i'll be finishing up bloodrose as soon as foutpost is finished, which SHOULD be by the end of the week...assuming i can fix the bug with the monsters...

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
http://rapidshare.de/files/31305062/new_wicardoven.zip.html

for wicardoven feel free to use my source... all i did is i added monsterspawns, added voldar in the castle, added stronger types of orcs, and made an envroinment light... i also made some monsterclips to prevent the orcs from wandering away...also alot of smaller fixes and extra features

also added music...included a bsp...try the map now.

i really hope you will use my source....screenie included

EDIT: added orcs sniper on roof and added some fire shamans

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It's just an entity update, no expansion eh? And those ice orcs do look a tad out of place, lest you expand it into some sort of ice area.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
there is only one iceorc...its some sort of diplomat or so...i preferred to use a borsh orc but there wastn one.

and yes it is an entity upgrade sort of but there is a little expansion i added a hallway with a bludgeon

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I hereby officially challenge Crow, Gurluas, and everybody who wants to try Wicard Oven to a mapping contest.

Now please excuse me while I work on ms_wicardoven_sexed_up.

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Crow any chance you can convert your 2nd series ( The gold something ones ) for MSC? I didn't try them fully on MS and would love to play them in MSC.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Belmont said:
Crow any chance you can convert your 2nd series ( The gold something ones ) for MSC? I didn't try them fully on MS and would love to play them in MSC.

I was going to do that... But the Hard Code vote kinda killed it.

The Goldmoon maps are fine (save maybe an sfor treasure script using the older caps [replace with chests/gold_50). The first of the Riverwind maps has some NPC selection issues (the mercs won't fight the incoming rats until they are hired). I suggest making that an army of darkness attack - setting the monsters to dumb, and just flood the map, and changing the guards to helena/deralia types. The last of the Riverwind maps needs some reworked solids, big time, in addition to # monster changes and trigger_counters - and I don't think Crow has the source for it anymore. :(

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
I hereby officially challenge Crow, Gurluas, and everybody who wants to try Wicard Oven to a mapping contest.

:O YOUR ON!!!

CEE ARE OH DOUBLEU OUT :O

---------------------------------------------------------

The source actually imploded on itself and i had to delete it.
If you loaded it in hammer, it said "6 trillion solids are fuxed" or some such nonsense. :(

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
you can all do your mapping contest, i know i wouldn't win ;)

i'll just focus on foutpost and bloodrose...i'm thinkin of sexing up foutpost...make it so you have to protect the outpost, not just the guy in it...

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I did an entity check, and for some reason there was not a single light_environment, yet the sky still emited light. There are areas where there was just a light entity, but in the courtyard with the well and the part outside with the fort and orc archers, there was no light entity, yet it still worked as if there was one.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Crow said:
I did an entity check, and for some reason there was not a single light_environment, yet the sky still emited light. There are areas where there was just a light entity, but in the courtyard with the well and the part outside with the fort and orc archers, there was no light entity, yet it still worked as if there was one.

if you used my source there is a light ent.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The source actually imploded on itself and i had to delete it.
If you loaded it in hammer, it said "6 trillion solids are fuxed" or some such nonsense.
Wouldn’t happen to have the .map file? I can usually fix faulty .map files with notepad.

ZHLT 3.3 hlrad has default sky light emitters, I believe. I think there's a switch for that... Easy fix is to put a light_enviroment in, and set it as you like.

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Just incase anyone didnt see this in the other thread i put it in...

I made this a long time ago and, well, forgot about it. Its a soundpack i whiped up replaceing certain sounds i though needed replaceing. There is a changelog in the rar if you want to know exactly what it does.

unzip to desktop or wherever, then copy the "sound" folder to you msc folder. Id suggest backing up you sound folder before you copy over it in case you dont like my sounds T_T

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Wow! Your level of detailing certainly improved alot (and I know where you got the sand idea from :p )!

Edit: And to all the people who are like "LAWL I don't feel like downloading this video..." it's less than 0.5 MB, so just download it... lazy turds :mrgreen:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
As for the dynamic quest thing you mentioned... I could also rig it so you have to give an NPC X# of those crystal shards, or what not, before he'll give you a crystal key, or what not, that opens a door in the first area of your next map, or what not. Save you the trouble of collecting them yourself and holding off the release. ;)

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Alrighty, that souds good ^^. I don't care what you name him or what he looks like, but have him give the key, and ill just take it in-game and that'll be fine, it doesnt need to do anything. Once he is.. made ill put him in irubar and release that along with the pre-quest map