*sigh*

replica

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i am currently working on wicard oven so dont worry about it.

replica

New Adventurer
Reaction score
yeah the source i got didnt have any leaks and to my knowldge has just about everything crow added to it.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I would add you as the map's official caretaker - but that map has had 4 caretakers now. It gets passed around like a bad STD.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Cordon tool is built in, I believe. It lets you compile parts of your map, so you can compile half the map and see if the error is there, then keep narrowing it down until you find the cause. I forced Squirrel to fix bloodrose like that. It was painful, but it worked :D

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
took an hour at least for bloodrose, because it takes up the whole grid on hammer....but uh...

crow, the cordon tool is the yellow/black stripy thing in the toolbar up top, you just drag it around what you want to compile and it'll only compile that area.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
if you have hammer 3.5. then open the map and load the point file (not the .pts file but the .lin file), then you will see a single line going in every which way from the void to the inside of your map some how through a little crack, or a big hole depending on the size of the leak.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
that works too...forgot about that one...

the cordon tool is used for any error that is location specific, though..not just leaks.

replica

New Adventurer
Reaction score
the source thothie linked me too contained no leaks and has the stuff you were telling me about in it. maybe its missing some stuff you made or something, i dunno. as for progress ill have to start a wip thread when i get some more work done. as of now im simply expanding the lower parts of the map. i just use the box method of finding leaks, i think its efficient enough.

replica

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i dont know anything about a 100mb wad. all the textures needed for the map are in medieval.wad and two other small wads. roughly 20mb total. the map is very short but the architecture looks very well made(the parts of the map i didnt make). there is however a lighting problem that arises with weather changes. during the day its fairly dark but things are visible. at night or in fog its completely black. ill have to try bounce 10 in rad but it might make things too bright during the day. if its too bright ill change the sky to a day time type environment map.