FEB2008b / MSC 1.11 Bug Reports

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Re: FEB2008a / MSC 1.11 Bug Reports

Just a thought, but do the orc fire shamans have to have a torch? I would give them something else and then you wouldn't have to delete the torch. What that something else is, is up to you. I'd just give them a mace or something and tweak them a little so they hit for the same damage as they do with the torch

They don’t actually “have” the torch per-say – they just have this nice ball of flame in their hands. It was nifty enough an effect that I didn’t want to lose it by taking their torch from them, and I couldn’t seem to rig the same effect on them without it… However, I may have figured a way to do just that, we’ll see how it goes.

[TBOC]Razor

New Adventurer
Reaction score

I have been testing MS:C now with the "http://www.thothie.com/msc_dev3/config.cfg" and it seems to be working for me atleast, just wiped out nightmare_thornlands :p

And yes, that means that I (lvl 21 fencer) was there for quite a while :D

EDIT: Oh and BTW, i usually kill the ingame mp3's too so the music *could* very well be the problem (or just a wierd coincidence :roll: )

EDIT2: I disabled the music in the options, went to night_thorns was attacked by boars a few times (without attacking them) and the game crashed.

So disable music -> crash MS:C ??

Gonna try a few times more and then enable the music again and try some moar :p

Snow Wolf / RaZoR

New Adventurer
Reaction score

My friend is Adventurer (his name is Blake) i said to him kill some rats. But he killed, and CRASH. Restarted comp. kill'd rat. CRASH. and again CRASH. Wtf?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score

The dark sword.
(the following values are averages, measured with swordsmanship 33)

Damage dealt to a fallen knight:
Uncharged: ~55 dmg.
Charge 1: ~110 dmg.
Charge 2: ~65 dmg.
Charge 3: ~105 dmg.
Charge 4: ~180 dmg.
Charge 5: ~300 dmg.
Charge 6: ~480 dmg.

1) Why is the charge 2 damage barely higher than the uncharged damage?
2) Why is the charge 1 damage higher than the charge 2 and charge 3 damage?
3) Why doesn't the damage double every time?
Betapack updates said:
• Dark Sword
- “Sword of Wounding” Up to six levels of charge at Sword 30, each multiplies the damage x2.
4) Why is the hit roll 15 for the uncharged attack and charge 1, but 10 for all the other charges?

Here's my suggestion: turn the base damage to 1200 at charge 6, because it's very close to the current base damage (which is about 1100, maybe 1150 at swordsmanship 33). Charge 5 would be 600, charge 4 300, charge 3 150, charge 2 75, charge 1 37.5, uncharged 18.75.

And please change the hit roll on all charges and the uncharged attack to 10.

This sword makes no sense right now, basically.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Well, that's not what it should be doing by the script. Damn thing's so broken I'm tempted to dump the whole weapon concept.

[TBOC]Razor

New Adventurer
Reaction score

Well i enabled the music again and restarted MS:C and it has worked flawlessly for a whole hour now so it does seem as though it has something to do with the music being on/off.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score

Thothie said:
Well, that's not what it should be doing by the script. Damn thing's so broken I'm tempted to dump the whole weapon concept.
Don't drop the whole weapon concept, because I use my beloved dark sword all the time.

Also, I just killed 35 boars in the Thornlands to get you some more damage values. I hope this information is useful.
Dark sword, swordsmanship 33, versus wild boars:
msc_darksword.png

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Well, the averages don't look so bad, if we could fix that #2 charge.

MIB: Ya think we could get a script side charge indicator thingie via a servercmd call?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score

The averages were far worse on that fallen knight; as if he had more armor against the second and third charge, proportionally speaking.

Gamma

New Adventurer
Reaction score

Hi, I've been wanting to know if MS:C 1.11 online only
or is it able to go offline by any how :?: ?
The first time I ran it (offline), I get this weird error saying Fatal error missing items_640_gauntlets.spr or something like that. When I started online,
the internet servers started downloading what looked to be like the needed files (mostly .SPR files)
I stared it up on that server and it works great! Also, when playing it offline also solo LAN (thinking the necessary files are there) MS:C started getting half way through the loading process and then it quit.
solo mode for this mod would be fun and better than the common fps story lines :) (give me a chance to get used to MS and MS:C). my OS win2k, steam is on it and I already have an original non steam version of half life along with a steam version. (CD and Half life Anthology for steam)

Till then I'll submit more later.

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score

Ah... Thothie. Gamma has just reminded me. I dunno what, link but one of the installers is bugged. I used to set up my HLDS and got that same sprite error. So I browsed to the sprite/weapon or was it item... Anyway, it had one sprite... So I had to copy all the ones from my original install to it.

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score

J-M v2.5.5 said:
Thothie said:
Don't drop the whole weapon concept, because I use my beloved dark sword all the time.

Also, I just killed 35 boars in the Thornlands to get you some more damage values. I hope this information is useful.
Dark sword, swordsmanship 33, versus wild boars:
msc_darksword.png

Looks like the Dark Red is broken, and that the following red is based off that mabye? Which would explain why it lowers all the others too.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score

It doesn't really double the damage either.
As I said, I suggest 18.75 (regular hit) - 37.5 - 75 - 150 - 300 - 600 - 1200. That would mean that the sixth charge would get more powerful, the fifth charge would remain the same, and the others would get nerfed. Also, put the hit roll for all the charges and the uncharged attack to 10, for the sake of consistency.
Good idea Thothie, y/n?

Edit: If you can fix it, that is :p
If the script is really fubar, I'll stop complaining now.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

It doesn't really double the damage either.
It's not supposed to...
The averages were far worse on that fallen knight; as if he had more armor against the second and third charge, proportionally speaking.
Looking into this, I think I C what is going on. It is still using the sword’s default damage charge. Fallen Knights are more resistant to Pierce damage than Slash. All the secondary charges on the Dark Sword are Pierce – except, of course, for the second, which is (wrongly) using the default sword charge (x2 slash damage).

Only the magical strikes get a to hit bonus and convert damage to pierce - just as used by the Fallen Armor you get the sword off of.

The first time I ran it (offline), I get this weird error saying Fatal error missing items_640_gauntlets.spr or something like that. When I started online,
Well sh*t – I completely forgot that is still precached in some of the item scripts still, as are a few other item sprites no longer in the package… However, why you two get this error and none of us the rest do is beyond me, because some of us have deleted our installs to test the installer from scratch (myself included) – and it doesn’t complain about the unused precached media (as it’s never actually used).

I shall be sure to strip the last references to 640_ item icon precaches in hopes to put an end to that weirdness.

( Edit: I’m looking in the code, and it seems it is referencing some 640_ item sprites internally, but I’ve no idea where it is pulling the data from as they aren’t in my installs! >< I think Shurik3n's changes are designed to take incoming sprite file names and convert them to sprite indexes though, so that explains why the server works at least.)

Jon

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score

I assigned my mouse1 to +uber. When picking a weapon or spell using #'s 1 / 2.... nothing happens after clicking my mouse1 to confirm the selection. I know this isn't apart of Feb patch, but I would love it if it allowed me to pick weapons or spells..for it has replace my old normal attack key for good.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

The only sprite I saw that gets called specifically is items/640_gold.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Shurik3n said:
The only sprite I saw that gets called specifically is items/640_gold.
Yeeah… But your code would catch that one, yes?

There’s some precaches in the scripts, but since the media isn’t ever used… *Sigh*, not quite sure what’s going on with this, as it seems it should crash on my install too, but does not. Few other folks did installs from scratch with the specific intent of testing the full installer, and they didn't come accross this either.

I assigned my mouse1 to +uber. When picking a weapon or spell using #'s 1 / 2.... nothing happens after clicking my mouse1 to confirm the selection. I know this isn't apart of Feb patch, but I would love it if it allowed me to pick weapons or spells..for it has replace my old normal attack key for good.
I hadn’t built it with spell selection in mind – and ye may not always want it on due to the fact it prevents sustained attacking – but ye maybe able to come up with a script to toggle it. For instance:

Code:
alias uber_on "-attack;wait;bind mouse1 +uber;speak activated;alias uber_toggle uber_off"
alias uber_off "-uber;wait;bind mouse1 +attack;speak deactivated;alias uber_toggle uber_on"
alias uber_toggle uber_on

Then bind uber_toggle to the key you wish to use to toggle “uber mode”

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

No, I don't think I would. It will only catch sprites called by scripts using sethudsprite. 640_gold is called internally in the store window creation or something around there.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Shurik3n said:
No, I don't think I would. It will only catch sprites called by scripts using sethudsprite. 640_gold is called internally in the store window creation or something around there.
WTF is my install pulling it from then? >_> Meh, it'd take a client patch to fix that, so I suppose I can just toss it in FEB2008b or some such. I smell another several hours of uploading full installers coming up.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score

Yeah, I could get the Charge thing to push to the server, but wouldn't have been hard for you to do it :p

I'll do it in a bit, along with recreating the damn dynamic-x on menus. It hurt my eyes to talk to NPCs the other day :p

Snow Wolf / RaZoR

New Adventurer
Reaction score

My friend is Adventurer (his name is Blake) i said to him kill some rats. But he killed, and CRASH. Restarted comp. kill'd rat. CRASH. and again CRASH. Wtf?

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

CrazyMonkeyDude said:
I'm gonna go ahead and say no, since you seem to know a lot about "putting AMXMODX and GOD mode" on a server. ;)
Snow Wolf / RaZoR said:
To be honest, my friend did that once. he leveled Axe up at daragoth. And to be honester ...
I leveled up 1 level at Swordsmanship(but gained no HP lol)

Maybe it has something to do with this? :roll:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Snow Wolf / RaZoR said:

Ye can try the config.cfg linked in the top post, tis all I can advise, really.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score

When you have two items that resist the same element (Fire resistant helmet + Fire lizard skin) they start spamming in the info box the resistance percentage that they both provide.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Meh, I started hacking up a new elemental resistance system, but I wouldn't expect to see it in the B patch - tis the sort of thing I'd like to test out more thoroughly on the ultra-beta server's first.