Quirky Quornhole: An opinionated solo/small party mod for MS:C NOV2015a

Gridalien

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Do what you want until he comes back, if he does. Maybe he'll merge your tweaks in, maybe not; you can always update your stuff with his.

And yeah, I couldn't connect for awhile, either. Seems fine now though

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Haven't visited these boards in a while but @Himself told me about this thread.
Have yet to read the entire thing but from what I've seen thusfar: great job!

Quick question: what's your opinion of the original Ihotohr boss fight (the_wall)? Original as in: unmodified NOV2015a.

Last edited:

Himself

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Can confirm. Just do the HLDS setup, and pretty much all the problems with loading in go away

Anyone remember how to get Roland to repair the golden axe in Gate City? I know hitting F on NPCs normally makes a menu pop up for dialogue on vendors, but it doesn't work for him
Just in case anyone might still have issues with this - You can also hit U to do localchat to talk to NPC's, and just type ' axe ' to him, and he will start the dialogue about fixing the golden axe.
Edit: However, upon further exploring, after you do get the Ore to do the repair, I don't know what you would say in localchat to get it to progress, so I did have to hop up on his counter and eventually managed to (I think) use F to bring up the menu that had the ability to present the Ore to him.

Last edited:

Gridalien

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Just in case anyone might still have issues with this - You can also hit U to do localchat to talk to NPC's, and just type ' axe ' to him, and he will start the dialogue about fixing the golden axe.
Edit: However, upon further exploring, after you do get the Ore to do the repair, I don't know what you would say in localchat to get it to progress, so I did have to hop up on his counter and eventually managed to (I think) use F to bring up the menu that had the ability to present the Ore to him.
Yeah, this was the issue I was having. Crouching on my wolf and hitting F on him worked on the first try, though, so just find a rat summon or something

Jonzay

Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Yeah, this was the issue I was having. Crouching on my wolf and hitting F on him worked on the first try, though, so just find a rat summon or something
I just checked, there is actually no localchat text you can say that will trigger the prompt.
I can pretty easily add one though (i.e. saying "Ore" to show the ore, and "yes" or "done" to accept the cost) as part of my Quirky Fork if you'd like.

Himself

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I just checked, there is actually no localchat text you can say that will trigger the prompt.
I can pretty easily add one though (i.e. saying "Ore" to show the ore, and "yes" or "done" to accept the cost) as part of my Quirky Fork if you'd like.
Sounds good to me.

Gridalien

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Go for it. It's a fix I'm sure someone's gonna appreciate

Bswift

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I like this....I may have motivation left to continue my map pack....

Jonzay

Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Sounds good to me.
Internally testing this at the moment. The ore one is very easy. The actual payment is more difficult, because the menu option itself actually handles the transaction (it's a special "payment" type menu option takes your gold, handle and ore). Upon further investigation, I can force the menu to open remotely, so that will be the path I go down.

Last edited:

Himself

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Internally testing this at the moment. The ore one is very easy. The actual payment is more difficult, because the menu option itself actually handles the transaction (it's a special "payment" type menu option takes your gold, handle and ore). Upon further investigation, I can force the menu to open remotely, so that will be the path I go down.
Yeah, that makes sense. Just having it pop up the same menu as it would from hitting F seems like the path of least resistance.. at least in theory.

I like this....I may have motivation left to continue my map pack....
Hey, that's awesome. I love seeing that Spark inspired so much new growth and people to come back and play and work on things after it felt like the mod was kinda dying out.