FEB2008b / MSC 1.11 Bug Reports

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Re: FEB2008a / MSC 1.11 Bug Reports

Actually, I just found out it does it with any random element resistant armor/thingy, it just spams in the info box :|

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

villager said:
Actually, I just found out it does it with any random element resistant armor/thingy, it just spams in the info box :|
I thought it was just Fire Helm... It always did that for me.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score

I'm getting it with Fire lizard and Cobra skin :\

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

I get spammed in the console with this:

Code:
cl: Error (CLIENT): Error: CNewCharacterPanel::Update -->

And my screen looks like this:

Also, I cannot choose any of my characters.

EDIT: This showed too, but only once.

Code:
Error (SERVER): Error: CTransaction_DLL::Think --> Send First Comman

Skillasaur

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

Snow Wolf / RaZoR said:
My friend is Adventurer (his name is Blake) i said to him kill some rats. But he killed, and CRASH. Restarted comp. kill'd rat. CRASH. and again CRASH. Wtf?

Tell him to ensure he has play music ON in the multiplayer advanced options. [if he doesn't like it he can always turn mp3 volume down in audio but having play music set to off was crashing me when attacking stuff, see like page 4 of this thred]

Dudeman418

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

Well, I've managed to "elude" this problem until now, but it appears I've finally got it. I'm now also getting the crash bug. The one where your combat H.U.D. becomes five times longer, and when it continues to fill up, leaves an empty space at the bottom, followed by a crash(to the desktop) when u get hit or hit something. This did NOT happen 2 hours ago...all I did was turn off the comp. When I came back and decided to launch MS:C, I started getting more of those weird buffer.dat errors where you're supposed to continously try to reconnect to the server you're joining. Tried the configs posted...worked...the combat HUD stayed the same(4 sentences shown only) but when i tried to rebind my controls in-game, it started happening again and thus the crash followed soon after. I really don't know what's up, but this is seriously annoying and a waste of time. Right now, Ima try to redownload the full msc installer and see if that works.

EDIT: Well, the full install has done somethings, but more importantly, I retried the config posted at the top and it works now. Weird, but anyway it works.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score

I have found that the crashes are directly related to playing to playing with any of the options while in game. It seems something doesn't pass correctly and causes the game to do all forms of crazy things. I got the GUI update spam in my console after I updated something in the options.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

Point system is still really buggy. Seen it several times where nobody can get over 2000 points. They just keep going up and rolling back to 1000, only the person in slot 1 gets past 2k.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

I'd understand not getting past 1000, but 2000 confuz0rz me. Getting that "gm_error: Points not being counted" in the process?

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

Nope, points count.. but they stay at 1xxx. I started the round off with an ice shield, might be how I got past 1000, but not further.
# 0 - Jabba of Urdual [ PentP(1,15548424) ] req 18.00
# 1.00 - Age [ PentP(2,111758976) ] req -1.00
# 2.00 - Shuriken [ PentP(3,105239928) ] req 1.00
# 3.00 - (2)unnamed [ PentP(4,111840728) ] req PLR_TOTAL_DMG
# 4.00 - Meatwad [ PentP(5,194161552) ] req 1.00
# 5.00 - Aische [ PentP(6,19361800) ] req 1.00

EDIT: Tried again without ice shielding, still got past 1000 just from doing damage.

Mikkel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score

Something gibbed in foutpost and all of a sudden we got a statue'd shaman with 0 hp

Demo of statue'd status

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score

Has anyone tried talking to a monster before it gibs? I'm unable to reproduce the gibbing bug myself, so I can't try =\

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score

Most gibbing I see is caused by hoarfrost shard. If you got one just let the monster die by the DOTs.
Or I could do it with you in game someday so you can test yer stuff.
Or PM me how to talk to monsters :wink:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Meh, I gibbed a rat a few days ago with a rusty short sword - seems it can happen with anything.

Sadly, we've yet to find a new way to gib monsters consistantly. Seems all we managed to fix is the one dependable method we had to do so.

All I know is:
• Happens when you level up
• Ye get the level up, monster gets restored to 1hp, then gibs on the next strike
• Generates: Error (SERVER): Error: DoDamage --> ApplyMultiDamage
• Started DEC2007a

Only theory is that it has something to do with the changes to takedmg processing or skill damage processing.

Dudeman418

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

Got the crash bug error again, but the configs have fixed it. Anyway, the thing is, it happened when I went to turn the game music off while playing.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
missing_sprites said:
The first time I ran it (offline), I get this weird error saying Fatal error missing items_640_gauntlets.spr or something like that. When I started online,
FEB2008b patch should resolve this and any similar missing item sprite issues.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
This is unconfirmed but the rewards Dorfgan hold sometimes might disappear.

Checked his items, he had Northmaul
Checked again (no one else besides me did before) Northmaul wasnt there anymore

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Worst bug in the history of MS: C for dark sword wielders:
All of the sudden, I can't use charge six. I did a complete PC reinstall (reason: new primary HDD) and during this reinstall, you just so happened to upload FEB2008b.

So I installed Steam, Half-Life, MS: C FEB2008a and then the FEB2008b patch, on both my server and my client.
Right now I am playing on a FEB2008a server (and as I said, I have FEB2008b installed) and my dark sword only charges up to charge five. I can't do charge six, whatever I try. I have 33 (33 prof, 33 balance, 33 power).

Is the FEB2008a <-> FEB2008b difference to blame, or is this a patch I will instantly have to uninstall? I'd rather do boatloads upon boatloads of damage with an outdated client rather than only 50% of the aforementioned mega damage.

Edit: FEB2008b client (me) on a FEB2008b server (yours, Thothie) doesn't fix this either. I can't use my sixth dark sword charge and therefore I'm uninstalling the patch.
Sorry Thothie, but...
J-M v2.5.5 does not recommend FEB2008b.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
That happened to me before the patch. Probably Something to de with a weird bug were the server becomes screwy

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Well I installed B and now cannot do my 5th charge, only the 4th... Did Thothie ramp it up to 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 :S?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Alright, I've had it with that thing. I'll come up with some new weapon concept for it next month.

Granted, you're priortizing your DS charge over admin, the client's ability to vote, fixed damage point tracking, and various crash issues, but it is an optional patch, so do as thy wilt.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Doubtful. More likely take the opposite approach and give it a rapid attack, or some similar such that's already working on another weapon. It doesn't really have the proper pierce anim for its trick anyways. I don't want it to be a motivation to screw clients out of their votes and such, so I want something that'll be dependable and not have to f*ck with it anymore.