RiP
Reaction score
Re: FEB2008a / MSC 1.11 Bug Reports

Vlad said:
Here's my log_cldll file. Please help. :oldshock:

J-M v2.5.5 said:
Help... you?
**** you.

So hey, Thothie...Is my mirror bad now, or did I miss somethin? Let me know ASAP so I can resolve any issues, if needed. Thxu :D

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score

HumanSteak said:
Gibbing seems to happen mostly with hoarfrost shard's ice lance's DOTs when they are very low (at least for me).
Whenever I shoot an elite archer with ice lance and the DOT is 0.8 per second, if I don't finish the monster before he dies from DOTs he gibs everytimes.

One more thing, it used to do this with JAN too, my guess is that when a monster dies by the last DOT, he gibs. Hope that was helpful.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

Sooooooooo what do I do about the small spiders? do I take out the added animations or not?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Just curious but have you made any changes to northmaul. last month i could cast the blizzard and ice wave, but not the stunning smash, now I can use the stunning smash and blizzard but not the ice wave.

Any idea why?

Some old post said:
northmaul: I can use the Northmaul's second charge at level 21 blunt, but I can't use the first charge.

The base level requirement for the Northmaul is bluntarms proficiency 25. The blizzard attacks skill requirement is based on ice magic (requires 10), The ice wave requires level 25 blunt - the stun attack also requires 27 blunt, as stun attack is always +2 the base requirement.
- This all seems rather schitzoid, thus what I think I am going to do, is make the base level requirement 20, and:
- change blizzard to require both bluntarms 20 and ice 15
- ice wave to require ice 20 and bluntarms 25
- the stun requirement will be bluntarms 22
So yeah, that’s what happened.

Not really a report, but I was wondering if Pvp was working?
PVP vote is busted – hope to have an optional server patch for that and to make votekick a little harder in the next few days. (Plus the admins.txt and maybe the strobe thing too)

So hey, Thothie...Is my mirror bad now, or did I miss somethin? Let me know ASAP so I can resolve any issues, if needed. Thxu
Think it’s still there – I’ve not had the chance to verify any of those mirrors – but I have a feeling one or more of them maybe wrong. The only ones I upload myself are MiB’s and Kuroneko’s – the rest I depended on ye folks being bright bulbs for. ;)

If you find out the msc_installer ye uploaded was not exactly: 353,223,982 bytes – please tell me ASAP, so I can remove yer link. Otherwise I won’t know until I manage to download it.

Sooooooooo what do I do about the small spiders? do I take out the added animations or not?
You seemed to be suggesting that one of their animations was broken as a result? I’ve not had the chance to test. I mean, if all their animations work, and they have some extra ones they don’t use, at the moment, nothing wrong with that.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

Yesterday I was hosting my server for some hours, we went through wicardoven, b_castle, lodagond, etc, no crashes, no problems, ran perfectly smooth...
Then, I started getting the "No Free Edicts" message over & over again with my HLDS, and it started crashing a bunch, and random disconnects on everybody (myself included)... and this persisted after I restarted my entire computer, too... it was horrible. I hope some miraculous super fix for "No Free Edicts" comes into play someday. :(

EDIT:
BTW: it was ten slot (yes, maxed out on lodagond a few times too), running perfectly smooth for sometime. I reduced it to eight slot to make the errors not-so-common placed after the first few times.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

F*cking free the edicts man!

Meh, I actually had a chat with Dogg on this subject not too long ago (yes, Dogg actually spoke with us) - while there's no real solution, at the moment, he at least offered some pointers as to how we might go about tracking these things. Sadly, I suspect it's going to be a matter of going through code and, more often, scripts, tracking things down, one at a time, and trimming out offending bastards as we find them. Even then, we're really just pushing the engine to its limits, so I think we need to be pickier about what we toss into it.

Lodagond is a pretty big edict offender - big, lotta ents, prolonged spell-flinging battles, etc. etc. I see it crash a lot...

Lately, though, I've been getting no free edicts on freaking Thornlands... And while Thornlands is a massive edict offender - and indeed, has more map-generated models than any other, this was on the n00b server - with four freaking players... What kinda edict generating insanity could a couple of n00bs possible generate!? Grr... All very frustrating.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

Forgot to mention, admin_ban crashes my server. I'll be using the amx administrative system pending the internal one no longer crashes my server. It'd be nice if there were different levels of admin, too, for the internal one (just a request, here)... ^^
Now, admin_ban will add the steamID I tell it to, to my banlist.... just at the cost of the server itself.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

I'm surprised to hear your admin system works at all under the current patch. There are currently 3 levels of admin: cvar, rcon, and standard. The only real difference between the levels are the access to the cvar and rcon commands.

Snow Wolf / RaZoR

New Adventurer
Reaction score

we might could add a new armor to March 2008a :D look mine reskin/model ----> Art Section

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

I can't add new armor until we get a new armor display system worked out. I can, however, replace existing armor skins, if we all feel they look better.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

*shrug* Tis one of those things that's a bitch to test and not a top priority atm.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

Thothie said:
- This all seems rather schitzoid, thus what I think I am going to do, is make the base level requirement 20, and:
- change blizzard to require both bluntarms 20 and ice 15
- ice wave to require ice 20 and bluntarms 25
- the stun requirement will be bluntarms 22

I have bluntarms 26 and ice 26 :|

Also the second charge sometimes casts blizzard but other times it uses the stunning hit

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

Thothie said:
You seemed to be suggesting that one of their animations was broken as a result? I’ve not had the chance to test. I mean, if all their animations work, and they have some extra ones they don’t use, at the moment, nothing wrong with that.

By broken i mean that the monster uses the wrong animations (when dies, it uses the idle animation).

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Bluntarms proficiency 26? :\

By broken i mean that the monster uses the wrong animations (when dies, it uses the idle animation).
Monsters call animations by name, not by number – so it must be something up in the QC. :/ If not, I’ll have a look at the script.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

I noticed FN does not allow the regular calruin map (not calruin2) to load on it, yet, despite this, it is apart of the default votemap setup, allowing people to switch FN servers to it. I don't know why this is so, but, since I was at school, my server was down since 10:00AM this morning (since it was votemapped to calruin at the turn of the clock, according to my chatlogs, where they suddenly stop...). FN then proceeded to forcefully shut it down over & over, despite the restarter, until I got back just a few minutes ago & fixed the crashed.cfg, making it spawn on calruin2 (instead of normal calruin).

I'd appreciate it if that was fixed.... it's ridiculous to suffer such a lengthy term of downtime because of that.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

I believe the proper phrase for this situation is "D'oh!"

edit: Blarg... I dunno why it would let you vote for calruin1 (ie. calruin.bsp) - it's not in the approved list. :/

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

It was votemap changed by da'Dudeman himself, and remained there for over five hours. I would like to know why, too... since that is a lot of lost hosting time. ^^

Wrath

New Adventurer
Reaction score

I'm getting this error.

cl: Error (CLIENT): Error: MSCLGlobals::Think --> Update GUI

Im pretty sure someone has posted this but im reposting it anyway because i cant play MSC right now! :oldcry:

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score

I don't know if I posted this or if someone else did but Voteban = fuxor. When you even type voteban without anything after, it'll come up with a "success" message, but after that, you can't make any kind of vote what-so-ever after using "voteban," it'll say that there's a vote in progress, even hours later.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

This is true with any vote, atm. Working on that.

Wrath - ye might try the alternate config linked at the top post - make sure it overwrites your msc/config.cfg - and don't do it with MSC open.

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score

Server breaking crash on mscave. Sucesfully taken down my own server, Hellsdiner and another with it >_>
Thanks to Skillasaur for pointing it out, but I can confirm it. When you kill the Shaman Initate and it drops a spell (No idea what it is) it crashes the server. Go test it now, keep reloading and killing the Shaman until it drops a scroll, it will crash as the scroll is falling to the ground.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Meh... Bugger is dropping and deleting a torch, spawning a firewall, and dropping a fire dart scroll all at the same time - obviously just too much fire in one place. ;) I'll see what I can about maybe just nixing the scroll, and moving the firewall spawn to the GM's job list. The torch deleting itself maybe causing issues too, not sure.

Slaytanic_pb

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score

Just a thought, but do the orc fire shamans have to have a torch? I would give them something else and then you wouldn't have to delete the torch. What that something else is, is up to you. I'd just give them a mace or something and tweak them a little so they hit for the same damage as they do with the torch.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

I'd rather torches weren't so annoying (the sound files). Forcefully repeating for an eternity despite my "stopsound" bind spam...