FEB2008b / MSC 1.11 Bug Reports

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It isn't... Although I've no idea what the problem is, or what oaktree's nor subenji99's exploit was, thanks to all this... Anyone wanna send a PM? ;)

[ Although I think subenji99's exploit involved elemental resistance, if I caught it yesterday, and didn't feel it worth editing due to the fact that I'm reworking the elemental resistance system, which is one of the things that is delaying the first release of the betapack. ]

subenji99

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I did send you a PM...

And yes it did involve elemental resistance so obviously dealt with in the new system.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Oaktree posted, in detail, how to do the duplication exploit. This is a bit different.

Slaytanic_pb

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
I got a "Couldn't load p-buffer" error when trying to load my characters and got pushed back to the main screen...

Aische

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
enlarged my event console ( 20 lines ) :
msc always crashed to windows few seconds after i joined a game
maybe a function that sets every value above 10 to 10 would solve the problem

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Aische said:
enlarged my event console ( 20 lines ) :
msc always crashed to windows few seconds after i joined a game
maybe a function that sets every value above 10 to 10 would solve the problem
That'd be symptomatic of one of the older MSC full installers.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
PM.jpg

subenji99

New Adventurer
Reaction score
This may have been brought up before apologies if it has.

As I understand the current scroll system, when you "cast" a scroll, your scroll is taken from you, the spell weapon itself is put into your hands, then a new copy of the scroll is given. (and as your hands are full, goes straight into your spellbook) However, twice to day the server was interrupted as I was casting, between the first scroll being taken and the second being given. Once was during a map change, another was when the server crashed. When that happened, my scroll was not returned to me and therefore lost. I lost both a Volcano scroll and a Ice Shield scroll to this.

I imagine that there is no way around this with the scroll system (from what i've read, this used to not be a problem but an exploit arose from the old method) other than the idea of scrapping the scrolls altogether. If scrolls are scrapped though, I don't want to have to press "2" 15 times to get to a specific spell - maybe you could press 2 and a choice menu (like the one that shows when more than 1 item is availiable to pick up with the "x" key) appears on the left - 1-8 being your first 8 spells, 9 being next page, and 0 to cancel.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Or maybe you could... Hotkey your tomed spells...?

And there was no exploit with the scroll system :|

subenji99

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Sorry, my mistake :p
Remembering viewtopic.php?p=88634#p88634 (but not accurately) was what threw me :)

However, Unless some more Hotkeys can be assigned, that means only 10 slots to hotkey all your commonly used weapons, spells and a shield. I've had 7 hotkeys assigned before using just weapons and a shield. I still think my idea has some merit.