FEB2008b / MSC 1.11 Bug Reports

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Never could be... I believe that was by Foamy's request. It also allows him to fight players who attack him. I'd have to reduce his HP quite a bit if he could be iceshielded/healed, but I could, conceivably, rig it so all hguard factioned NPC's could be (including the forward guards there, which might be interesting.)

Yes, but it used to be that you couldn't hurt him. Now you can... So if you're trying to kill things, and he decides to run in front of you while you're swinging an almighty axe of dewm, taking big 300 damage chunks out of him... I'd like to be able to heal him, too.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
^ truth

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
You could always hurt him.
I remember that you could do damage to him, but that you could never kill him. I don't know WHEN that was changed, as up until a day or so ago I hadn't played foutpost too much, but I remember not being able to kill him.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
He's invulnerable before and after the battle. Beyond that, I've no dependable way of making a monster vulnerable to other monsters but not players. His script has remained unchanged since JUN2007a.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Very odd... Thraxis and maybe FER even agreed with me on that he wasn't killable before... But you kinda coded it, sooooo...

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Hes always been killable, the only thing thats changed is you used to be able to kill him before and after the battle and screw people out of the treasure. Ahhh, good times.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Hey, you know that bug where sometimes you spawn and you can't see any NPCs/models? A sure-fire way of replicating it is to die and then change levels whilst dead.

If you already knew this, then yeah, +1.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Shurik3n said:
Hes always been killable, the only thing thats changed is you used to be able to kill him before and after the battle and screw people out of the treasure. Ahhh, good times.

Heh, maybe he's just dying a lot faster for me because I've been whoring fout for XP... Maybe ramping his HP conditionally down to the amount of people added on the server? Though, I'm not sure if you can do that without having him respawn every time someone joins.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Sabre said:
Hey, you know that bug where sometimes you spawn and you can't see any NPCs/models? A sure-fire way of replicating it is to die and then change levels whilst dead.

Actually, I didn't know that - although I've a feeling someone else did. Gotta look up the message that does that.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Sabre said:

Actually, I didn't know that - although I've a feeling someone else did. Gotta look up the message that does that.

I was aware of this, and thought it would be an obvious answer to duplicating it =|

Anyway, I don't see WHY it happens, as you can still see NPC's in your "death cam" :S

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Finished a round of foutpost, got a tome of chain lightning. I gave it to Tetsmega, and then the server promptly crashed with this message:

Code:
Host_Error: PF_MessageEnd_I:  Refusing to send user message Spells of 196 bytes to client, user message size limit is 192 bytes

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
He had more than 8 tomes.. Thought we fixed that >_>

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Because he tried to learn the tome, and he already has 8. Known bug.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Ah, alright. Wasn't sure. I'd never seen that before, and even Sabre said post it up...

At least I get a second opinion before posting stuff up, right? >.>

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Question:
Why does Gurluas (fire: 14) get killed while standing in a fire wall that got casted by a dying orc fire shaman, while wearing phoenix armor, while I (fire: 32) live and regain mana while standing in a fire wall that got casted by a dying orc fire shaman, while wearing phoenix armor?

Is this a bug or does one need X fire or higher to survive a fire wall, while wearing phoenix armor?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Pheonix armor requires a certain level of fire magic to work (always has).

The Man In Black said:
He had more than 8 tomes.. Thought we fixed that >_>
I think it's on a to-do list - the fix does not work for some reason - at least not every time.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Another one, not sure if this is really a bug, or a case of bad timing. It seems, when you're low on health (as in >100), using UGA tends to actually kill you. I'm not entirely sure, unless the Flesh Eater and Slithar aren't actually bosses, but when I was fighting them, obviously using UGA's knockback charge, if I had >100 HP and hit them, I'd die. As I said, I'm not sure if they're bosses, so no "Careful, bosses steal twice your hp blah blah" message popping up could just be because they're not bosses and they actually killed me, but the fact that I hit them, then die, and it shows that I did the last hit before I died, makes me think it's a bug.

Still, not sure, but I'll see if I can look into it without losing too much moneyz.

tl;dr >100 HP + UGA = death bug, methinks.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Theres a problem where those bosses, along with the Ice Bone Lord, seem to "fall" on you and hurt you when they die.

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
They don't "fall" on you, it only happens with monsters that are supposed to get back up or run away like Slithar (happens with him too and he's not falling on you).
The damage you take are the excess of damage you dealt to him past the "limit" where some are falling or running away, whatever, when they are not meant to die right away.
This has nothing to do with UGA.
Thought people had figured this out already :|

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
No, we've no clue what's up with this. :(

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The only problem with this, is that they didn't DIE, I did. I was nowhere near killing them when I died, I just smacked them with UGA and BAM I died.

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
If the monster was close to it's limit, for example I don't know for sure when ice lord is supposed to fall but let's say at 500 hp, and has like 550 left then you hit him for 700 damage with UGA, you'll take 650 damage.
If you want to die with something else than UGA, try DSing Slithar twice, then DS him once more :wink:.
It kills me even at full health.
Slithar is weird, he seems to run away at about half health but somehow with DS he takes 2 hits and gets around one quarter, then no matter what you hit him with you take any damage done past this point. I tried to kick him for 80 damage then he ran away hitting me for 80 damage, the exact damage my last hit did to him.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
CrazyMonkeyDude said:
The only problem with this, is that they didn't DIE, I did. I was nowhere near killing them when I died, I just smacked them with UGA and BAM I died.
Have an even harder time explaining that one, much less duplicating it. Can ye pull that consistantly?

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
It happened twice in the same map, once with the first slithar encounter, and once again with flesh eater.