FEB2008b / MSC 1.11 Bug Reports

Picadilly

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Picadilly said:
admins.txt still doesn't work for me. I get "you have no admin auth on this server" message in console when I try any admin commands.
Post your admins.txt

My admins.txt looks like this:

loopback
STEAM_ID_LAN
STEAM_0:1:4268653

*****************edit*****************
Hey! I got it to work. Working config looks like this:

loopback
STEAM_ID_LAN

However if i add more STEAM id's like this:

STEAM_0:1:XXXXXXX

loopback
STEAM_ID_LAN

It goes back to saying I have no access...

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Well, i now have a model i can open, but it still thinks I don't have it. I think maybe I have a wrong verson of the map. On your site all the links to specific custom map files are gone :(

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Crow said:
Well, i now have a model i can open, but it still thinks I don't have it. I think maybe I have a wrong verson of the map. On your site all the links to specific custom map files are gone :(

All 50 maps are in the full installer.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Ok, I dunno what's up. I copied your exact admin.txt, xxxxxs and all, put my Steam ID in, and ran it. Unless there's something different about listen vs dedicated...

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Back to the subject of the DS... I was just using mine with 25 Swords and I can only charge to green (I used to be able to do that dark orange one). Yet, I do more damage than I've ever done with the green charge, and it seems the other charges actually work now. Been using it on Nightmare_thornlads. So this is on Boars and Bears (even Kodiak takes into the 400s)
Normal: High 40s-60
White: High 90s-110
Red: Nearly always 166
Next Red: 246~
Green: 445~

So the charges seem to be fixed (well, more so than they were before), we just can't use the charges we're meant to. J-M with 33 only goes up to orange, me with 25 only goes up to green.

Edit: Oh and this is with a b client on a b server.

Edit 2: Just for reference my old damage was like
Normal: 40-60s
White: 150~
Red: 60s
Next Red: 110~
Green: 200~
Orange: 400~

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Happens that if the client has the A patch, you achieve the last charge posible for your level, but it the 6th one wont do anything. With B patch you'll miss your last usable charge (in my case it was the last charge with didnt work anyway)

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Bug report:

Using demon blood and demon claws secondary attack agaisnt another player while in PvP while make the attacker crash, haven't tested with other weapons.

Petition:

Buff the Thornbow, please.

It's really inferior since with the HXBOW you do atleast *double* the damage and it's very easy to aim, I was doing 80 damage with Jagged arrows in PvP and with my HXBOW a nice 150-240.

Also, would it be possible to give the Thornbow the same arcing as the Wooden longbow? (It's not the same, it's the same as a wooden bow, I have tested this)

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Or atleast (And I know everyone (Or some) is going to hate me but) slow down the reload on the freaking HXBow. Noone can reload ANY crossbow that fast, besides Gordon Freeman.

Mikkel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Is the Dark Sword suppose to hit NOTHING all the time (99% yes miss rate 99%)
Not that I haven’t ceased to give a ****, but it maybe a client<->server difference in the sc.dll if yer FEB2008a/b and the server is the other.

I'm running B on the server and A on the client, I should update the client dll to b right right?

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I think thornbow has bigger damage boost on arrows than the Hxbow on bolts (tough bolt's base damage is greater than arrows)

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
The Thornbow might look strong at simple view - but the HXBOW is just way better, and for an item as hard to get as the Thornbow it should be better or almost like the HXBOW, imo.

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Bug report:

Using demon blood and demon claws secondary attack agaisnt another player while in PvP while make the attacker crash, haven't tested with other weapons.

Incase Thothie didn't see it.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I've re-rigged the way the demonclaws work again, so hopefully that won't be an issue in the next release. (Managed to tweak it so they don't drain if they miss, nor do they drain against players in non-pvp, reduced drain to 50% and x3 dmg) The ultra-beta server has this patch, but it may not work due to the client<->server difference.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
reduced drain to 50% and x3 dmg

No more one shotting anybody in PvP :(.

Does the red charge still work from a distance?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It works at melee distance, as it was intended to.

Qudamah

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'm getting the error " Host_Error: UserMsg: Not Present on Client 192" when I try to host on some maps, and that config file link in the original post doesnt seem to work. Also, I find that after map transitions, I'm unable to use characters from before the transition, and instead have 3 free slots to create a new character. I check my save folder in the msc directory and my saves are still there, i just cant use them. I've tried hosting with different character storage settings but nothing works.

kani313

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hey I have a problem with trying to establish my own game and play by myself..

it says : Mod_NumForName: sprites/items/640_gauntlets.spr not found

When I try to load in edana. Right when I click accept to run it loads a little then boom!!!
Right back to windows with ^^^^That^^^^ problem. I don't know if its a problem or not but plz tell me what is wrong.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
kani313 said:
Hey I have a problem with trying to establish my own game and play by myself..

it says : Mod_NumForName: sprites/items/640_gauntlets.spr not found

When I try to load in edana. Right when I click accept to run it loads a little then boom!!!
Right back to windows with ^^^^That^^^^ problem. I don't know if its a problem or not but plz tell me what is wrong.

Go grab FEB2008b.

JabbahRulz

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
Downloaded the msc1.1 installer, which states "Feb2008b is intergrated in this installer" yet i still get the "gauntlets" fatal error.

JabbahRulz

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
*bump* Where do i get Feb2008b? Thothie says its in the installer, and fixes the "gauntlets" error, but im still getting it. Thoughts?

EDIT: nvm fixed.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeeeah, I don't see 640_gauntlets.spr anywhere in the FEB2008b code, so it really shouldn't be asking for that, unless the FEB2008a sc.dll didn't get overwritten or some such.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Never could be... I believe that was by Foamy's request. It also allows him to fight players who attack him. I'd have to reduce his HP quite a bit if he could be iceshielded/healed, but I could, conceivably, rig it so all hguard factioned NPC's could be (including the forward guards there, which might be interesting.)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Last I checked, he could be ice shielded.