FEB2008b / MSC 1.11 Bug Reports

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
You're sure that slithar didn't warp~flee after your hit?
I've never saw that happen without the monster falling or something similar :?

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
HumanSteak said:
You're sure that slithar didn't warp~flee after your hit?
I'm really not sure... I was more focused on the "WTF?" aspect of "hay I just died for no reason".

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Then he probably did so I guess we don't have to worry about this. Slithar seems to not have a "static" warp-away point.
And flesh eater seems to take a lot UGA damage (around 1000 sometimes) so I wouldn't worry about this either :)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Pheonix armor requires a certain level of fire magic to work (always has).

The Man In Black said:
He had more than 8 tomes.. Thought we fixed that >_>
I think it's on a to-do list - the fix does not work for some reason - at least not every time.

I understand what's wrong, now. Before, I bought into the "8 tomes" thing. I didn't realize that it was the message size itself... I know a possible fix, but it's hacky (I sent you an MSN, but I haven't been home since this morning)

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Whatever he said my solution I told him was better.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Shurik3n said:
Whatever he said my solution I told him was better.

Meh, if you think so, but you have to do the coding for it, then :p I'm not going to be coding much, anyway. Certain IRL things have stopped that for awhile =|

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Aha! But I told Thraxis to do it. So we both win.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Wow, look at that buck go. ;)

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Uhhh

Major bugs with certain listenservers and FN. Pictures up soon.

EDIT: All right. Now, I've been having problems since feb2008a with listenservers. This is the third, and most horrible, problem yet. The first two times, this was caused by my listenserver, with some bug or another it tends to roll me back if I don't close the game before going from one server to making a listenserver if I don't restart my game beforehand. As such, I've been restarting before creating a listenserver, and it's never screwd up.

This time, I didn't create a listenserver.

I went from Shuriken's listenserver to Dridje's listenserver, and this happened:

wtfcharload.jpg

Now, I don't know what the fuck is happening or why it's happening, but I'm starting to get pretty pissed. ;) If it helps, Dridje's listenserver had VAC on when I joined. As soon as I joined, I thought "OSHI" and hit disconnect. I join back to shuriken's listenserver and that's what I see.

WTF.

EDIT2: Oh, sh*t. Thankfully, it seems to be the "DO NOT CLICK" character bug, but without the "DO NOT CLICK" crest. I didn't load the characters, restarted MS:C and my character came back.

Scared the hell out of me for a good few minutes there.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
LOL's - poor guy looks like a victim from a bad Dr. Who episode.

I've said this a few dozen times: CLOSE HALF-LIFE when switching servers, and ESPECIALLY when going from yer own listen server to someone elses. Not doing so is a good way, not only to get mysterious roll backs, but to lose your character entirely.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The only thing is, this NEVER, EVER, happened to me until feb2008a, so I'm wondering if the increase in frequency might be a bug?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Going form one server to another without quitting has caused all sorts of issues from this game's inception.

If you mean the character model disasembly is new, there's been some stuff done to the model over the years that could cause that if the character's armor data gets scrambled in the process. Only recent thing that can cause character selection issues is a slight bug with the item sprite consolidation which *seems* to be resolved now.

Slaytanic_pb

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I've noticed that with the Lightning Rod, the lightning damage that it does from the first and second charge (the heavy hit or the stun hit) does not pass any XP to the lightning magic skill. If it's supposed to be like that, I don't understand why, as many other weapons that do magic damage pass some XP to it's related magic skill. I know that the Greater Thunder Axe does pass very ,very little XP to the lightning magic skill, but it's not a weapon I would use to train lightning with. I really hope it is suppose to pass on XP, as I'd be disappointed to hear that it isn't.

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
XP is passing properly don't worry about it :wink:. About the GTA, only the damage over time goes to lightning so that's why you don't get much out of it.
While we're at it I gotta report that the last shot you can do with the lightning rod's third charge doesn't do damage over time (if it's the last lightning bolt you can do with your current mana).

Slaytanic_pb

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
HumanSteak, I've been using the Lightning rod to train my blunt and after getting about 100,000+ xp in total for my various sub-stats, I haven't seen one point of xp going to my lightning magic skill. I've seen the monsters glow from the lightning dot, and they damage they get, but the xp just goes to my blunt. I don't think it's a level requirement problem, as I'm sure I exceed them. Also, I didn't know that the lightning bolt that comes out of the 3 charge was suppose to do dot damamge, I thought it was just a one hit strike. Or are your talking about the 4th charge that pushes the monsters away from you?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Generally speaking multi-attack magic weapons have one ability that trains lightning, while the rest train the main weapon type (axes/bluntarms, whanot). This cuts down on SC leveling too quickly as a result - howevah, it maybe the lighting rod has no lightning training at all, I'd have to check.

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The third charge's initial damage is lightning XP.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Subenji. Please do NOT post exploits. People have been rolled back a month for doing so. Edit your post and PM it to Thothie, please.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
He's not going to be punished for informing Thothie of exploits...

...Just remember to PM it, next time ;-)

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
He's not going to be punished for informing Thothie of exploits...

Just to make my point:

Blasto121 said:
[][][][][exploiters and cheaters list][][][][][][][]

Player: Oaktree STEAM_0:1:8520912
Reason: posted an exploit on the forum for everyone to see, also suspect of using said exploit.
Punishment Level: 1

Player: Megatracker STEAM_0:0:4136165
Reason: Basically admitted on forum of using an exploit
Punishment Level: 1

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]][][][][][][][][][][][][]

I shall show no remorse to those who abuse.

Now, I'm not saying you're bad for wanting to let Thothie know about the exploit, just don't post it openly.

subenji99

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I thought it was minor enough not to be a problem, would be something easily corrected as it's just an oversight, and a patch is coming soonish anyway.

At least I was informing the Devs about it, not keeping it to myself and abusing it (mentioning no names :p )

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Oaktree posted a MAJOR exploit with the intent of having other people use it. Sub posted a very small exploit for Thothie to correct. Over reactions are evident =|

Mikkel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
I get this in my console, and when I get this. My Lesser Bag of holding doesn't load. I can connect to another server and I get it back.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Mikkel, please remove the errors there (security problem). Not sure why it's having that problem, or more specifically, why you'd be able to keep your pack when you went to a different server. The only thing I can think of would be that only your client gets messed up, meaning the pack is on the server, but for some reason doesn't get transfered to the client. It almost makes me think that the SC.dll ISN'T server side only >_>