*NEW* Suggestion Thread... Curtiousy of ... Other Games

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
In my idea, the hardest arena round would be many bosses at same time. Something crazy like a first big wave of elite archers with Graznux, 3 Djinn Ji-Ax, 3 Keledros, Val-Sul then somethings even stronger. It should be almost impossible and would require some tactics to get an awesome reward. 8)

HobbitG

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
I noticed during class the other day that my roomate has VS2003. If it's really a necessity, which I don't think it is, as an older copy of VS isn't going to have that much affect, if any at all, I can see if I can borrow his computer for a bit to check it out.

As for the armor bug, we both saw 2 possible spots where the armor bug could be fixed. You're telling me that you have no intention of (after you get it to compile) playing around with those commented sections to see if it does anything?

You'd be suprised what the new version can break. For example, the Source SDK doesn't compile in 2005 without TONS of fixes. That could very well be one of his biggest problems. I also remember when i tryed messing with the HL1 SDK (which was made in VC++6) i never actually got it to compile in 2003.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I know its not possible, but it would be great to see this guest in the underwater map

k_fossile.gif

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'm always here to help, but it seems as if you don't want/need it
Meh, I've given you too much of the source code as it is - although I'm tempted to just lay the whole thing on you and hope for the best. Thing is, I'm worried a character editor would result, and that'd destroy all the efforts the team went into preventing that level of h4x. For the most part, however, you've had a habit of throwing ideas at me that I brought up two to three weeks before as if they were new stuff. ;)

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Is there a chance that lances and spear appear in this game?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I'm always here to help, but it seems as if you don't want/need it
Meh, I've given you too much of the source code as it is - although I'm tempted to just lay the whole thing on you and hope for the best. Thing is, I'm worried a character editor would result, and that'd destroy all the efforts the team went into preventing that level of h4x. For the most part, however, you've had a habit of throwing ideas at me that I brought up two to three weeks before as if they were new stuff. ;)

I wont be making a char editor, I can promise that. I only suggested that character "fixer" as something that you could do and keep hidden somewhere on your computer. Heck, if I really cared to cheat, I could use that current bug, but since I haven't been using that, I would think that that would show my devotion for playing honsetly.

I just thought that some program where when someone's char died, we could put their STEAM_ID in and it would delete all their arrows and potions (or other such items that stack up and cause overflows) may be useful. It also would have been useful if you decided to get rid of an item from the game.

But anyway, I'm only trying to help you out, not take the entire program from you. We both know that you're a better programmer and such (at least until I learn C++ :p), but even if I'm not all that good, I can edit old codes and such to fix bugs.

So pretty much, if you would release the whole code to me, it probably would help me for going through to try to find bugs and help you out, but if not, no problem.

Anyway, I like pie.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
*sigh* I may just throw the whole thing at you and risk it... Lord K has, more or less, given me permission to throw it at anyone who thinks he can do something with it. Everyone else whose worked on the code abandoned their rights to it when they abandoned the project - but Lord K has final say as project head as to who gets to see what. I've no other viable canidates though. Fuzzy seems too busy.

Still, I'd leave any character editing (pot/arrow removers or what not) to Fuzzy, as he might be able to work that out from the MSCentral code, which he has. I think he has the core code too. He was talking some nonsense about converting MSCentral to VB though, so I'm not expecting much even from that end of things.

Oh, if only Jesus *cough* I mean that SvenCoop guy would come down at help us. ;)

With the current dual-weapon system, it's impossible to have alternate firemodes on weapons.
Missed that a few pages back... That may not be entirely true. I *may* be able to apply a secondary fire to a two handed weapon. I know I can add various attacks though the charge-attack system. (The snake staff, as someone pointed out, poisons and gives a sound beating with it's primary attack, and summons snakes with its secondary, charged attack) I'm still a little fuzzy on what is and isn't possible with weapon attack registration. One bad thing is though, the weapon has to have its attack defined before it's picked up, so it isn't real dynamic.

I can't add much in the way of new weapons, save those that are variants of exsting weapons, until I have some solid news on model consolidation though, so I can see how many free media slots I have. Still, since I manage to free up 40 pieces of media without much impact on the game thus far (you'll see Nov. 1st), things are looking up in that department.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
maybe we should all go to the sven forums and pray *cough* i mean PM him and beg for his uber leetness upon our forums?

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Because he's on another mod team already?

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
many people are on multiple mod teams orochi :\

im on another mod team... it seams to go no where but yeh... i still do work on msc matter of fact more work here just for the fact that msc is always growing...

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
I say it never hurts to ask, even if we get shot down in a flaming ball of death!

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
your right we should think of the ice cubes before jumping onto that bandwagon. Maybe I will go down in a flaming ball of death if I go over there and ask...

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I was thinking for a new monster for nightmare Sfor, its does everything like the dragonfly but looks like a colibri and moves really fast and drains your health

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
FER said:
I was thinking for a new monster for nightmare Sfor, its does everything like the dragonfly but looks like a colibri and moves really fast and drains your health

Flying creatures are buggy as hell - I think I need to figure a way to make them with a new movetype or something - as it seems the internal engine's fly movetype is kinda fux0red. If you watch computer controlled creatures that fly in HL1 - you'll notice this is generally the case in all mods, so I dunno how much I can actually do about it.

If you find me a model, I can make it though.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Hey Thotie do you know, by chance, some place to get material to use as texture (silver, rock, etc.)
Sorry if this isnt allowed to ask.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
FER said:
Hey Thotie do you know, by chance, some place to get material to use as texture (silver, rock, etc.)
Sorry if this isnt allowed to ask.

There are MANY very good metal and rock textures already in our wad set - probably more than you would find in any single collection online. Perhaps more than found in any other mod. (I mean, we got a sh*tload of wads)

Google'ing for "wad textures" will find you more. If you are looking for a paticular texture, simply google image search for a keyword followed by texture or pattern. "wood texture" for instance, gets you a ton of good hits. (granted, we have a lot of very fine wood textures too)

The image you'll be generating will be 512x512 or less - so you do not need to worry about copyright concerns for images under fair use laws (lest it is a registered trademark or logo - but even then.).

They are fairly simple to make in Photoshop and assemble with Wally. There's a pattern maker in Photoshop 6+ to assist you with this process.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Well i tried to make a sword and skin it

Edit: Why? someone might steal it?