*NEW* Suggestion Thread... Curtiousy of ... Other Games

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

About apostle weapons: That it looks good doesnt mean it has to be the best weapon.

For example in ToS(Tales of symphonia) the kusanagi blade was the best sword but was a really common looking sword.

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
*Off-topic* BTW, with pakscape you can make the original HL1 game more fun by tweaking everything like weapon damage, enemy damage and health etc. I don't remember the file name to edit for this but it's a config file within the .pak file.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
does anyone else think modding the Onos model from Natural Selection into a behemoth would be nice?

EDIT: i'll try modding it myself, but if anyone feels more capable, just say it

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Heh, I was tempted to add a "tribute to NS" secret room in one of the custom maps where you faced the whole range of Kharrah. ;)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Of course - I think it'd be pretty easy to emulate all the alien abilities, except for Devour, and Webs... But I bet I could get the gorges to drop OC's and such real easily. Oh, and cloak - I could do that, but it'd be tricky (prob not as smooth).

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Webs could just make players stop entirely.

For cloak - you could just have a submodel with no skin XD

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I think turning the Onos into a behemoth would be the best tribute to NS

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Go ahead and make it, if it looks different enough, I'll steal it. I may run it by Mechwarrior or someone first, just to make sure there aren't any strong objections.

For cloak - you could just have a submodel with no skin XD
No need, I added additive render to the setprop command - so I can do it the same way the NS guys do it. It's just I can't make the transition as smooth through the scripts without causing CPU lag (or at least, I dun think so).

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
So far the model looks good, but still needs more work tough, specially the back legs, they are so apart from each other that it makes it look the monster could give birth to an industrial truck.
I also need to modify the animations (only a bit but since i dont know too much about that it will be a tad difficult)