*NEW* Suggestion Thread... Curtiousy of ... Other Games

Jax

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yarrr

I suggest a HP notifier beside the person's name. You know, it has the name, the "friendly", "wary" or "Deadly" title, and a ###/### health notifier. This shouldn't be done for enemies though...

Good idea? :?

And sorry for necropost :roll:

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I like that idea, cuz im tired of askin people what their hp is.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
That... *may* be possible.... I'm thinkin' - client side sprites that form above the heads of allies with a frame number based on their health%... May add to the lag though.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thotie could you please reconsider my siggestion of spear and whips weapons?

if this makes it easier to code then spears level would be the mix of axe and archery level. with a spear you could hit more than one enemies when they are lined up and red charged attack would be a 360 pole vault that blows enemies away.

Whips level would be a mix of martial arts and small arms. no ideas left for whips

please, if you addes something like a wooden club, then why not this humbly weapons :oldlol:

OH and what about making arrows area sensitive. shooting at legs slow down enemie movement, shotting at arms slow down attack rate and such

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
FER said:

if this makes it easier to code then spears level would be the mix of axe and archery level. with a spear you could hit more than one enemies when they are lined up and red charged attack would be a 360 pole vault that blows enemies away.

Whips level would be a mix of martial arts and small arms. no ideas left for whips

please, if you addes something like a wooden club, then why not this humbly weapons :oldlol:

OH and what about making arrows area sensitive. shooting at legs slow down enemie movement, shotting at arms slow down attack rate and such

problem...that reuquires all new models, and animations...whcih we dont have...also i dunno if you can give a combination on xp's or have ranged projectiles go through monsters to hit multiple targets in a row...and you would have to have a "glove" to throw it, if it were a thrown weapon....and if it weren't i think you'd have a prolem where it would just hit one monster and stop.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Another Idea!

Since no one is perfect at anything the first time they try it. Why not incorperate that into the game? when people first start a character, they are lousy at everything, like swords. so if they use swords, they will inevitably cut themselves from swinging it arond. but when they level it up, they have a less likely chance of hitting themselves.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
That's just... cruel. I suspect this would alienate new players, to say the least. ;)

That's suggests it was considered a first time. ;) - No models, no can do.

We've a quarterstaff model, but neither of the two modelers seems interested in converting it. I also dunno if Kray ever got any of his pole-arm models into a working capacity.

RayonMazter

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Jax said:
Yarrr

I suggest a HP notifier beside the person's name. You know, it has the name, the "friendly", "wary" or "Deadly" title, and a ###/### health notifier. This shouldn't be done for enemies though...

Good idea? :?

And sorry for necropost :roll:

Create an 'Understand' spell or something, that brings up a window, much like the stats window, rendering out the stats of the target, depending on your spell casting level. Maybe also allow this option to be casted on creatures, to get their current health as well...or leave it the way it is..

& maybe:
An optional option to render out the players name above their head would be pretty tight as well imo. 2d point to 3d; text size dependant on distance: DrawHudString function could do it even. Then again, with that, why not add health bars above their head lol.

Also, party system is somewhat lame. Nothing to view members or their health, or their level, or their progress towards next level, or their mana, etc. Being able to see this kind of stuff might add more teamplay, rather than the player saying on the mic "im going to die"..then dying. Instead when with visual dynamic health bars, teammates/fellows can heal them in mid battle. I find the current gameplay a little too independant/solo.

But those are my thoughts, not yours.

Ray

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Where can i get something to keep using ms3d after the 30 day evaluation?

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
i think we've discussed the whole...cracks for ms3d...and the consensus was to stop talking about illegal things on the master sword forums...google it.

but XSI mod tool is a modelling program, mostly for source i think though.[/i]

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I just had an idea :roll: Bear pelts from nub cubs are worth same crap than Kodiak's and Polar bear's. Maybe they should drop a different skin (Kodiak Skin etc..) And let Ike do something for you with it for a price :wink: Kodiaks are immune to fire? then leather armor of fire resistance! Polar bears are immune to cold? Leather armor or cold resistance! Maybe it could take like 20 skins to make 1 armor and cost like 5k gold to make it, I think that would be a quick addition of armor types in the game (no need for a different model, and no need to find a place to put it in so people can farm them, but those bears will get their asses kicked hard!)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Good idea, but it's too easy to farm bears to make them immunities. Perhaps just resistant. :)

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Would the idea of chakrams (rings that act as boomerangs) be accepted?, obviously the weapon would have slow speed when releasing and catching the ring.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Reading too fast, connected Polar Bear immunity to armor immunity and such.

Maybe there could be something else that you have to get, like some special fastening device. That way it's harder to get.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
Reading too fast, connected Polar Bear immunity to armor immunity and such.

Maybe there could be something else that you have to get, like some special fastening device. That way it's harder to get.

thread of doom.

(these should prolleh be reskinned, to tell the difference - too)

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
or the armor can just protect from added effects like

Freezing and burning... BUUUT you still take the full damage =D

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Polar Skin armor was one of the ideas I had a ways back (cold resistance / damage reduction) but never did get a reskin of the leather armor for it. Granted, a whole new model would be preferable, but it'd have to conform to the current bones of the p_armorvest.mdl

Cerix also had a whole series of dragon hide armors, that I was willing to introduce as fire/poison resistant Salamander or Fire Lizard armor (since Daragoth has a dragon shortage, and thus are on the endangered species list, figure best not to make skins of them). ;) However, he never linked em up for me.

Also, now that I'm actually distributing the reference.mdl with the betapack, I'd like Cerix's player reskins, but I never got those either.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
mario. that makes less sense than MiB laying the beatdown on a pen with a folding chair.

For those wondering, I was giving a demonstration of Squirrel's logic using a pen (which played the role of Logic). I then proceeded to beat and break the pen with a folding chair. Overall, I think it was an effective demonstration.