*NEW* Suggestion Thread... Curtiousy of ... Other Games

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I've had some ideas for new quests. The first would require just a couple of scripts and useless items :wink: (the classic package model with a name for each of them)
Maybe a nice interaction endless trading quest with NPCs, for example, after the book quest, Urdauf (or something) gives you the crappy 3-4 gold coins plus an item with wich we have no idea what to do with. But this item is needed for a NPC somewhere in the world. Then you find the dude who needs it by interacting with them and guessing it. Then after a dozen of trades, you end up with a mysterious item then you bring it to some dude and he changes in some tough demon or something (maybe yet another big dumb skelly lol) and drops something very cool maybe like Holy Circle 8)
I had other ideas but I forgot them all while I was typing this :?

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I had a cool idea for guild members. lower members get flags (those flags on the back that japanese warriors used to wear in war) instead of crests. medium members get the ususal crests, and higher members get a cape or something like that.

thanks MIB i still have to practice my english :wink:

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
FER said:
I had a cool idea for guild members. lower members get flags (those flags on the back that japanese warriors used to wear in war) instead of crests. medium members get the ususal crests, and higher members get a cape or something like that.

thanks MIB i still have to practice my english :wink:

they have a name... there called banners... not flags... couldn't stop myself...

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
So? what do you guys think? is it a good idea?

Its not meant to be a practical idea but an eye candy one

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
It would be cool to have different crest-like wearables, like flags, vests, etc. You know, cosmetic shit.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
i'd rather have a cape than a crest/standard...like, capes could have chainmail inside them to give some armor bonus too ;)

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
this isnt an idea from another game but it is a suggestion. And I do think this was mentioned before...

in the server info dialog, where it lists the players, it should also list their level and party.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i doubt its possible, because that is steam's configuration

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I have seen mods that has changed the options window, the format and look.

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Talking of that, when you look at the player list, you see "Score".

What score is this refering too?

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
There should be a "recruitment center" map, with stands of each guild, like an exposition

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I had plans for a guild competition map (via capture the grail), and a guild territorial control map (that'd have to combine itself with some plugins in order to keep track of territory between server crashes). But nothing like that.

Those plans keep getting pushed back though. Model consolidation being a biggy, due to the sudden flood of modelers. Gotta do some weird scripts for Foamy, and some not so weird ones for Replica. The mining system got bumped up due to Vomica pushing so hard for it with his new map so... Yeah, just keeps getting pushed down there.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
aw, but you love my wierd scripts ;)

well, sometimes...people like the monsters anyways, interesting effect monsters are always more fun than normal ones.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
AddonDB has some playermodels that would make some good monsters, like a headless horseman with two swords.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yes... Some of them are... Umm... A bit "Flamboyant".

zomgwv8.gif

Although tis true, if I were to use this sort of thing for apostle weapons, I wouldn't have to hold off Shruken's sword for as long.

...and yes, I know clearsky apparently don't work for non #0 clients. Think I'm going to have to give up on the whole single-client weather thing and just have it clear everyone's skies.

Sux, as I found the best way to deal with a crap graphics card (while playing with my internal) was to add fog, and use it as lightning. (Since glow made it die a horrible death.)

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
fog...really shouldnt make things brighter..

and some of those addondb things could be used as monsters, yeah...but not the lego guy >_>