*NEW* Suggestion Thread... Curtiousy of ... Other Games

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
What I meant was more like making staves much like scrolls, but rapid fire and costing as much mana per shot. I admit it would be hard to pass xp to the correct element if it's totally based on a firing staff, and if it was based on same system as scrolls it would be hard to keep the staff in hand while casting...

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
What about a spell that transforms the player into a demon with awesome powers until your magic (which begins to drain) reaches 0?

BioRage

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
FER said:
What about a spell that transforms the player into a demon with awesome powers until your magic (which begins to drain) reaches 0?

Na

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
heres is a pic with various sword models from a game that may serve for new ideas of sword

summonnight1-2swords.gif

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Exactly. I just tried to say that those sprites could serve as a source of inspitration for new weapons

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I think an arena in msc would rock. I mean not a custom map. Maybe adding one to the transition in deralia leading to some castle but inside, there's an arena where you fight monsters from weak to strong to uber strong with a nice reward in the end. That would be a nice place to put one of these weapons that are not in game yet :roll: Maybe it could cost like 50k gold to enter to avoid constant farming and fails when you die? Editing one of those PvP maps that looks like an arena making and a NPC to take your gold and monster spawns would make it quick... hey maybe putting in some copies of that map with different challenges and rewards would be even better! Like the map changes according to how much money you bet...
I think "argh! I can't beat that last level of the arena to get *****!!!" sounds better than "...I farmed that boss 200 times and still haven't got anything"

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
i was making a map sorta like that , that could have been setup that way in the end... but to many people put it down and i lost all work to it and its disappeared... sorry

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
There's an arena with a Firelizard and some special prizes due to be attatched to Underkeep. But well, hard code won the vote, so... Slow coming.

BioRage

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
sigh i know.. we shouldnt of vote for that sheet!...

Hard coding is good.. but to what extenet?...
--> Can you give us a desciption on what ye working on thothie?..

I would take the pets over the hard coding >.>

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Hard coding is (potentially) going to do many things. It will let him fix major bugs like the armor bugs (both the clipping and not showing up when you join a server) and making it so that you can't click STEAM_ID_PENDING or making it so you can't join a server if you have a different version of the beta patch.

He also *may* be able to fix the item limit, the Reliable error, and other things.

Basically, a lot of the errors and annoyances that are still in the game couldn't be fixed by scripts, so now hard coding is needed.

BioRage

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
sh**.... I thought it meant hard coding as in weapons, spells, sklills etc, not problems with those issues, I can deal with those.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hard coding is (potentially) going to do many things. It will let him fix major bugs like the armor bugs (both the clipping and not showing up when you join a server) and making it so that you can't click STEAM_ID_PENDING or making it so you can't join a server if you have a different version of the beta patch.

I only said about 500 times in the vote thread I probably can't fix the armor bug through hard code, but people kept voting for it. I had no intention of making it so you couldn't join a server if you had the wrong beta-patch. (Although, if I recompiled the client.dll, that would be the case by necessity, rather than choice.) The only things I think I *might* be able to do are: the bank, custom dlls, and the spell limit, even then only via pot of forgetfulness.

The hard code is going basically nowhere ATM. Even with the "rebuild from scratch" method, I'm having trouble figuring where certain functions are (or if they indeed, exist at all, as it seems many called functions don't). I'm trying to snag a VS2003 to see if it can track this crap down any better than my 2005, but I doubt it.

If the Hard Code is still going nowhere by the end of the year, I'm surrendering on it. I mean, jeeze, in the time I spent on it so far, I coulda got just about everything else in that list done.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I noticed during class the other day that my roomate has VS2003. If it's really a necessity, which I don't think it is, as an older copy of VS isn't going to have that much affect, if any at all, I can see if I can borrow his computer for a bit to check it out.

As for the armor bug, we both saw 2 possible spots where the armor bug could be fixed. You're telling me that you have no intention of (after you get it to compile) playing around with those commented sections to see if it does anything?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'll take a shot at it, of course, but I doubt it'll work, as three other coders with much more experience than you and I have already been through it, and must have seen those same things. Looking over the code again, it seems more likely those bits we saw belong to the old system anyways. Again, not hopeful.

The other possibility is to find Little G's leak and see if the code there is more organized. Downside being, I'd have to fix the bugs we fixed between 1.0 and 1.0dev_f all over again, in addition to the above.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I'll take a shot at it, of course, but I doubt it'll work, as three other coders with much more experience than you and I have already been through it, and must have seen those same things. Looking over the code again, it seems more likely those bits we saw belong to the old system anyways. Again, not hopeful.

The other possibility is to find Little G's leak and see if the code there is more organized. Downside being, I'd have to fix the bugs we fixed between 1.0 and 1.0dev_f all over again, in addition to the above.

Well, since you are already trying to create the code again from scratch, couldn't you take Little G's code and fix bugs with the dev code, or vice versa? I'm always here to help, but it seems as if you don't want/need it :)

BioRage

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Could we revote... or just get to the pet system, something to boost MS:C, sort of like an adrenline boster :D

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
What we need is strong bosses with no sidekicks.
If it werent for the horrors, Garontho the Blacksmith would be a piece of cake.

The idea of a colliseum sounds good. but how about a boss arena?