INFO Bug Reports NOV2015a

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Lucifer Majiskus said:
Once upon-a-time the original bludgeon hammer would fill your health to the brim! Make bludgeon hammers great again 2016.

Oh yeah, and if your fps drops (Which it tends to do now since the implemented auto-detect graphic stuff) you don't leech in time and die!
Haven't gotten around to changing the base it uses to suck blood since its inception, so I dunno how that'd be the case.

...and unless Valve introduced something when I wasn't looking, we don't actually detect optimal settings or anything - we just put up a sign before tossing Bloom at ya, so you know how to fix it.

Samael

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Probably hanging out in Deralia. Or the lighthouse
So, a buddy joins in, and this happens:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/PaladinTheBear/screenshot/268344257365375636

Haven't been able to replicate, but I saw a few missing helms, as well as my shield/left hand weapon just not showing up until I put it away and re-draw it. Not a massive issue, sure but mildly annoying. :|

As well as when I drew my spear, and this is on two occasions. So far there doesn't seem to be a real trigger for doing it, but my regular throwing spear decided to become a holy lance, and start dealing between 2-70 damage to the boars I was grinding EXP from. This was.. Twice, in I would say a good 20 or so hours of playing, the first time didn't mess with the stats, the second did. Again, probably not a huge issue, but definitely strange. I didn't think to screenshot this one.

Finally, I had this happen:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=713823213

A third non major issue, but I felt I should bring it up. So, that's it for me! other than these things, I've been enjoying it so far!

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
The floating head is a common bug, it usually does nothing to you other than making you look like a floating head to others in the server (i think third person will also be bugged). It is usually considered something funny, if only there was a stealth factor in this game and you would actually be just a floating head... That would have been fun. I think this floating head bug was related to ice shield and changing map while having it on, can't remember exactly but i do recall it being associated with ice shield somehow.

The spear visually changing into a holy lance is a random bug. But it affecting the damage you do, that is probably something new. There are other visual glitches like that, the oldest one i know of was having a thornbow in the place of a meele weapon and a shield (as a shield). It still occurs to this day, i don't know what causes it exactly but i do recall it happening mostly when it was somehow crowded in the server, might be related to lag.

cfreyrun

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thanatos golem boss crashing on kill randomly. I did have a shadow wolf out when we killed him so it might have contributed but not entirely sure.

Jaydeus

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Rune Blade of Affliction's third charge attack can cause the player casting the spell and others nearby to lose connection/crash from the server. This happens, particularly when using a double charge attack.

Cleicert seems to crash, every time we get to the first room with lightning horrors and that one floating crystal enemy.

Meru

New Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Reaction score
Hey, These Bugs are know well. In cleicert you have to kill ihm fast enough than it does not Crash but that is Not easy with los Level. Affliction blade use the 3rd Charge only with one never with both. The 2nd Charge doesnt cause Crashs.

cfreyrun

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Time for a fun little bug,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ8eYeL-amI

Every Wolf type for me has turned into an aura pretty much. It can be fixed by unsummoning but it always manages to come back. The wolf every 2-3 seconds when the glitch is active will teleport back to me and just start spinning around me, mostly its funny but it has managed to deadstop me mid jump into the abyss before.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
"Aura of Wolves"... That's about the edgiest thing I've ever heard of...

...Do you know a surefire way to replicate this bug, or is it periodically randomly for just this character?

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Thothie said:
...Do you know a surefire way to replicate this bug, or is it periodically randomly for just this character?

I've only ever seen it on him, myself... He was doing a spell when his wolf sat down, then started spinning around him :oldlol:

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I've seen that bug before with the wolf moving around nonstop while sitting, not sure if its the same glitch but it has been around for quite a long time. I recall it happening once to someone, not sure if it was me but the problem goes away easy.

This is the second time i see it so i would say it's one of those rare magical glitches that just happen randomly.

EDIT: While the topic is about pet wolves, can we please have the wolf knockback be removed from them? I find it extremelly annoying when i see someones wolf attacking the target im killing and pushing it all over the map... Yesterday someones wolf was pushing phlames boss in his last seconds then the boss started jump spamming trying to get away everytime i hit him, literally double the nuisance right there. :roll:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
While the topic is about pet wolves, can we please have the wolf knockback be removed from them?
Barring objections, I'll put it on the list of to-dos... No real advantage to it - I don't *think* it's required to stop them from getting stuck inside targets - probably just ported over from the original wolf script.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been reported or not but shops in edana are broken when there are 2 players near the npc, not sure if its the interaction between 2 players with 1 npc or if its the presence alone that makes them go derp.

Literally what happens is i can open the shop once and rarelly twice then it bugs out and never opens again untill you change map and go back to it again. I was trying to help a newb get some starter gear, he opened the shop first, then i tried opening after him and it didnt work. Samething happened with all other shops in edana, only the mage shop worked twice in one of the edana runs i did with the new guy. I don't know if he interacted with the npcs when i was testing this out, he followed me around when i was telling him stuff that he should pay attention to.

Also didn't test this on any other map with shops.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
If one person is in a menu with an NPC, like buying, and another person tries to come and use that NPC... it breaks the NPC. This happens on all shop npc's, at least.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ran into that once or twice... Tricky to fix. But will add to top post.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Chaos axe seems to have some issues detecting the proper type of damage against some enemies, greater undead elements it doesn't detect the weakness. Tried the axe two times on a fragment of maldora in wicardoven, for some reason the first time it went from elemental to slash, which sounds correct to me. Second time i fought the boss it went from elemental to holy and remained holy for the rest of the fight for some reason. There was no undeads in the way when i hit him, so i have no clue why it reacted like that. Might have been a random bug, haven't tried replicating.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Slash isn't one of the elements it can select from, but there's a bug on it where the second charge does Slash damage, otherwise it normally doesn't select physical damage types (Slash, Blunt, or Pierce). The first attack is required to determine an element the target is vulnerable to, but it doesn't select the most optimal element every time, it should just avoid elements the target is immune to on the next attack. If you attack a different monster with different immunities, this resets the process (so if you're attacking multiple Greater Maldora Minions with different elements, concentrate on one at a time, or pray you roll Holy or Dark).

Phosphorcracker

New Adventurer
Reaction score
dunno if thats known or not:

was on aleyesu with some new player and the boss died during his invis phase after which he likes to oneshot, and rewarded no exp whatsoever.

Boss had an acid dot and a cold dot, chest spawned normally with its average loot.

greatguys1

Epic Adventurer
MSC Developer
Warriors of the North
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Blood blade charge does straight damage instead of dark.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
greatguys1 said:
Blood blade charge does straight damage instead of dark.

Well, took a while for someone to decide using it's charge attack it seems. :oldlol:

I've never really bothered using charge attacks with those weapons, given that they are life leeching weapons with mediocre damage, fast hits are what most people are going to be after from those weapons. But yeah, that's a good find. Not sure if anyone reported this before.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Fixed.

Part of the problem was in the base, so good catch.

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Old Helena can still crash. Please remove any and all unnecessary events related to the war cart (sprites, shaking, explosions, sound) because it just crashed twice in a row (three players; no summons) and quite frankly this is frustrating to say the least. As of now this is easily the most unstable map in the game.

Edit: Attempt three: Only two of us remained (the third guy probably gave up out of frustration; can't blame him) and we actually beat the map. Finally.

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Some bugs:
  • monsters/shadow_form tends to get stuck on top of your head if it gets too close.
  • monsters/skeleton_ice2_hammer and monsters/ogre_ice both have ice d.o.t. that also does knockback.
  • Even on the slightest sloped surface, you can't summon minions or pets.
  • Sometimes the votemap command returns the server to edana, even if you didn't vote for that map.
  • monsters/troll_ice_lobber hits you twice with every throw.
  • chests/rand_dynamic (underpath) sometimes shows a completely different inventory. Very hard to reproduce, but it all happens in the same run and it'll either show some fairly generic-looking inventory (very common) or an inventory that is more geared towards the average map tier, in which case the chest will also have the tier number appended to its name, which is visible when viewing the chest contents (very rare).

Some questions: Would it be possible to:
  • Make (lesser) ice shield instantly renewable by recasting it, rather than have to wait for it to expend?
  • Make XP 'bleed over' into the next level?
  • Make (map/lock/kick/ban/PVP) vote prompts disappear automatically when the vote ends, or maybe even a few seconds earlier?
  • Put (at the very minimum) a 25 minute (but preferrably CVAR-configurable) ban time on votekick? Players can instantly reconnect now.
  • Remove the monsters/lightning_worm's (the ethereal vermicular in cleicert) horror egg spawning property entirely, and in return give both the electrified horrors that spawn along with it three lives each instead of one to compensate?
  • Code in "wait here", "move to", "return to me" and "attack my target" commands to control friendly NPCs, like in Sven Co-op?
  • Not have that green poison overlay obscure the HUD?
  • Remove pet wolf knockback?
  • Automatically get a new, separate stack of the arrows/bolts, if you exceed the 1500 maximum?
  • Have bows go into your BoH automatically instead of on your back/in your quiver (for weight reasons)?
  • Add (toggleable) crosshairs?