Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ideas for things to spend money on...

+more strong health potions in shops
Well, I did up the price and effectiveness of all potions... But some of you are so rich, you may not have noticed. ;)

+an anti-poison potion, which negates the effects of currently active poisons
I've yet to figure a way to cancel an effect that is already running on the player (such as poison). Effects are funky things... They affect the target like they are part of the target's own script - but they don't read variables from said target... V. strange

+an immunity potion, which stops poisons from effecting you for a short period of time
Hmmm... That... *might* be possible... It might involve doing something werid though... Again, effects don't read variables from their targets... What's worse, is that I've yet figure a surefire way to store variables on players - not that there'd be a way to pass that info back to the effect anyways.... Maybe after some sleep I'll think up a way...

+make normal guantlets sell in the shop, and add better gauntlets to where they are now
Meh, got three new sets coming up... Tis the most consistent damage in the game though, and 175% better than the standard fists.

+a wand for one handed casting
Don't want people hiding behind their shields while casting... Magic's gotten far too powerful as it is...

+more spells (in shops, like a sort of...high level mage shop)
See above... Many more spells on their way, but I don't think you'll see many more in shops. Some of the scrolls that are there, are horrendously expensive though. (Ice shield scrolls and Rejuvenation Scrolls run over 5k)

If we can get a recompile, you'll be able to buy a Potion of Forgetfulness from a special NPC for 10k to wipe out yer active spell list and a fair amount of yer cash. ;)

+different powers of mana potions, with the current ones being low power (lower the mana healed, keep price the same)
The current mana potions heal 90% of your total mana 4 times, and cost 500gp EACH. Only poorer people are going to buy weaker potions.

+fitness potion, increase your speed for a short time
Potion of Speed - good idea, that I can arrange.

+stronger arrows to balance archery
Atm, having diffculty finding a way to make bows stronger. I've not looked in real deep since the last attempt yet, but the elven bow, for instance, is supposed to fire a lot faster than it does - something in the base is preventing it from functioning the way I set it.

+enchanted arrows for a bit of archery area effect
We have exploding bolts coming on the crossbow - maybe able to work something similar for the arrows.

secondly, would it be possible for custom mappers to get some custom scripts for NPCs, monsters, or new chests? (AFTER they show that thier map is a quality map and worth the effort)

Hell - I'll do it before, if their requests aren't too nutty/difficult.

and my third suggestion...and the most hillarious...i suggest a new small arms weapon.........SMALL ARMS!!! you get them by killing dwarves...
I do have a gag weapon - I've just yet to figure where to put it...

[Thothie... goes back one page... *breaths deep*]

And that might lead to the usage of smithies to mend/repair/sharpen weapons such as dull huggers, rusty axes, etc.

The upcoming mining system may allow things along these lines, ie. convert a rusty or dull weapon into a higher quality weapon of the same type.

As for weapons wearing out, personally, I've usually just found that annoying - even though I did apply it to the shields... There's also save issues that go along with it.

Speaking of burnt items, will there EVER be a dragon in MS:C? It's a fantasy game, for god's sake

IIRC - there's only supposed to be one dragon in the Daragoth world... I can't recall - he's either dead, in hibernation, or just, well, a god. ;)

I've some models lined up to become 'drakes' and 'fire lizards' (which, is like a dragon, just kinda Jurassic park style) ;)

Someone here made a lovely looking dragon model, just never put a head on it (and I assume, never animated it) :?

throwing knifes?

As discussed earlier... There'd have to be some sort of intermediate delivery device (like a throwing glove) - and I've no view model, nor view model animation that'd be required to make it work.

Hush

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Well, in the old MS 1.01 folder are some modelparts, used for the apostles in the good old time of mastersword. Perhaps they could now find a use for unique npc's or something else...

What about some afflictionspells like curses, which reduce the defence of your foes or make them attack each other ;)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I really gotta get me a copy of 1.01... :oops:

Those curses may be viable... I'll look into seeing if I can change race(faction) and takedmg attribs via effect - probably can.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
thothie, have u tryed to create that new PVP game type('s) ?

id like to map for those... to where theres 2 teams :D

Lanethan

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
There are four dragons in the MS world.
Aeldorandorat (known more simply, in the common tongue, as 'Archan') is a benevolent and wise white dragon that lives with the elves in their capital city of Kray Eldorad.
Kharaztorant (known more simply, in the common tongue, as 'Khaztor') is an evil red dragon whom the dwarves count as one of their greatest foes throughout history. His current whereabouts are unknown.
Jaminporlants (known more simply, in the common tongue, as 'Janz') is an evil green dragon who hasn't been seen since the Age of Blood.
And lastly, Rhudeanlorat, known more simply in common as Rhack, is the most dreaded black dragon who ever lived, and who aided Lor Malgoriand during the Age of Blood. He was last seen flying north into the great ice bleak, and is rumored to have taken up residence in the Frozen Tear, a massive ice castle left over from times most ancient.

Any of these could show up, as they are all still alive, plus it is entirely possible that new dragon offspring (which take over a millenia to hatch) could crawl forth from deep underground nests, long buried and forgotten. But those 4 are known to be alive, as of the current age.

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Damn, Lan, you always make it so dramatic. You need that lord of the rings music in the background. :D

Jax

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Lanethan=WIN

He should have a Bard character....going around town telling the forgotten stories to all who want to listen (like me!)

People probably wouldn't be able to even damage a dragon anyway, it's like fighting the Juggernaut, bitch!

[crazyrant] Jax: Oh shit it's Janzzy! *grabbed*

*rest of FMU attacks*

Janz: What the f**k is this sheyt? You cannot harm me, are you a f**kin' ass? Do you not know who I am? You mustn't know who I am...I'm the Juggernaut, bitch! *throws* I'm gonna beat yo own ass with yo own pimp
![/crazyrant]

Hush

Adventurer
MSC Developer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Wohoo, just found the screenshot of the femaleplayermodel, which once was modeled for Mastersword - I wonder what happend to it.
Okay she's not a beauty but with some work....
http://www.planethalflife.com/images/sc ... 0301_2.jpg

Oh, and some suggestions:

Stop the vegan living on daragoth, strong fighters need bread, cheese and meat :wink:

Please don't add the "skullcrab" (found in the monstermodelfolder) into the game - it just will drop the quality of the mod

I love the new spellbooksystem, but I think the orb-effects like the flying stukabat or the iceblade need a replace with some simple elementaleffects like a little flame or some snow..

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
know what we really need? a limit on the total number of items players can have at once...to stop the overflow bug

IE: big sack can only hold 30 items
small sack can only hold 10 items
weapon holster can hold 1 of each type of weapon

etc...

hope thats possible so we can put an end to the overflow bug which has made a few high level characters i've heard about useless.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'm *supposed* to be able to control how many items you can stick into a pack on the script end - it's either broken on the code end, or the script system is incorrect - otherwise, you'd already be VERY limited in what you could fit into a pack (too limited, IMO). But at least the need for the snakeskin sheaths would be more evident.

Four dragons eh? Jeeze... Great... Now I need four dragon models... Yeesh...

Lanethan

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Or one dragon model in 4 colors. ;)
Though some changes in the mesh for each would be nice. Heheheh.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
has thothie tryed the multi color script yet for our characters?

also a Source version suggestion

face sliders like on oblivion :D that would be cool if u could do that i bet u could just like on Gmod .

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Just a little suggestion, everyone has waaayyy too much gold and find no use for it. I think there should be some trainers that will allow you to buy levels at exorbitant prices. This way, people would always have something to spend money on.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
how about the ability to throw money equal to that of damage? I have always loved powers like these because they allowed for quick powerful hits and where a great way to drain excess funds!

IE: 1 GP = 1 Damage or maybe a little more costly 5 GP = 1 Damage

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Been coming up with various items to send cash on. Including potion of protection, potion of speed, perhaps the potion of forgetfulness, and the trip to old_helena. May make the mining system require cash in addition to materials.

...not sure how to implement 'pluto's punch' - ie cash for one shot damage, as silly as that sounds. Suppose I could make super-expensive one-shot gauntlets. ;)

Can't control the player model from the scripts, currently (something in the code overrides it) - so I can't currently implement color options.

PS. Where are the Blades of Urdual servers - seems J-M is back, but his servers have not come back up?

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
a big fix to all this however would be the ability to trade items... this would make mining a big part in economy... we would end up seeing people yelling

"selling gold ore 1000"
or something like that...
or "selling iceblade 4000"

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
A) I have already played on J-M's server a little bit with him; but they don't seem to be up a whole lot.
B) The idea of being able to buy levels sounds AWESOME! Like 10,000 gold to buy one level of your choice, if your at the right trainer though. So you have to look all across the MSC world, looker for this trainer, then you must pay a ton of cash!

It'll be similar to Might & Magic series, earn XP/Cash and buy a level.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Go to hell -_-
I don't want a complete Might & Magic series make-over for MSC, having to first train for a level, then PAY CASH to proove that you have gained EXPERIENCE is GAYYYYY!!!!!!
So no to that idea.

hugjuffs

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Here's an idea. All online servers work together to do something. Instead of choosing a server to play on, people choose the location. Let's say 4 people start in Edana. One wants to travel on to the Thornlands, but others want to train up on rats and boars. That one player can simply press enter next to the Thornlands travel area and they'll be put on a different server for Thornlands. If no server has Thornlands, an idle one will step up and host Thornlands. If Master Sword is REALLY busy and no servers can host, the player sets up his own server. Or we could have the really powerful servers host two maps at once. That would be cool.

EDIT
Also, some servers could host files (I think Thothie hosts some of them, aye) so that we could get multiple sources to download from.