Suggestion Brainstorming Thread

Iselore

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hidden places usually become well-known in a matter of time unless you make it really "hidden".

FUCHEN

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Killabreu98 said:
nice....is phantasy f2p? or is it p2p?

Im not sure what PSU will be, the original PSO was p2p i think using a ingame space station Lobby server where u choose your party before entering a location.

kray1091

New Adventurer
Reaction score
WOW :oldshock: .............

WOW :oldshock:

I want to make the fiery war axe (because its been the idea stuck in my head for the past week) It such a good idea AND Axes are my favorite =)
BUT in msc Syth & Battleaxe arn't what you would call good.

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Just a little suggestion, a way to see how much hp enemies got would be nice. Either a health bar, a % or the exact number, anything. Could use the same code as in sven coop where we can see every monster's hit points.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
i like that idea. or it could be like guild wars and you see a horizontal health bar above the enemy.

FUCHEN

New Adventurer
Reaction score
HumanSteak said:
Just a little suggestion, a way to see how much hp enemies got would be nice. Either a health bar, a % or the exact number, anything. Could use the same code as in sven coop where we can see every monster's hit points.

Seeing information is important imo, id like to see a big red "Miss" Sprite whenever my attack does no dmg and a "1 hit, 2 hits, 3 hits" sprite for combos in the top left corner ;) visual indicators would be good to see how much each attack does on screen rather than in a console, just like most other action rpg games i wanna see "999" lol.

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i dont want any indicators!!!! maybe animations, ofcourse not possible on HL1

BUUUUUTT if possible, the only sprite i want is a big red OVERKILL when i totally rape a monster and that.... is.... ALL...

natranr

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
im not sure if someone said this, but can you add a targeting system on the bows, i suck at aiming with no crosshair.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

It's quite possible, just involves a lot more animations / submodels.

Been workin up some monsters so they at least make different pain noises when they get below 50% HP.

I dun like the idea of a constant indicator though. Kills emersion, such as it is, will be more so in Source.

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:

It's quite possible, just involves a lot more animations / submodels.

Been workin up some monsters so they at least make different pain noises when they get below 50% HP.

I dun like the idea of a constant indicator though. Kills emersion, such as it is, will be more so in Source.

couldnt u set it up as an option? like type "salbnfdlaj" in the console to display monster hp w/e?

Iselore

New Adventurer
Reaction score
FUCHEN said:
HumanSteak said:

Seeing information is important imo, id like to see a big red "Miss" Sprite whenever my attack does no dmg and a "1 hit, 2 hits, 3 hits" sprite for combos in the top left corner ;) visual indicators would be good to see how much each attack does on screen rather than in a console, just like most other action rpg games i wanna see "999" lol.

Haha, you mean like Ragnarok Online.....lol!

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
a mining and smithing and crafting system i want that runite sword or that nifty silver ring

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Pending... Although down there a ways... Would help if I had a pick axe model.

I suspect what it'll end up being, is you gather the materials, and take them to a dwarven blacksmith who will use them to make various weapons/items.

Lanethan mentioned something about an Alchemy system, but I didn't get any details.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i think making them yourself is better...and yes i can get you a pickaxe if you were more active on msn

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Link it up via PM. I've 183 contacts on Trillian right now, so I tend to pick and choose what I actually respond to.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
oh...i see...is this trillian better than msn btw?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It consolidates AIM, Yahoo, MSN, ICQ, and IRC in one panel... So yes, it's better - if you wanna be completely swamped by IM's 24/7 - which I apparently am fond of... ><

It also gives me alerts if my spam accounts update - which happens everytime I get a PM on MSC or any other forum I susbscribe to or the forum page otherwise updates, so I get alerts about those too.

Jax

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Being a Vulture's Claw player, I'll have to suggest this one...

Corrosion or weapon damage. Corrosion damage can happen, say, when poison attacks (from a virus consupto, or a reloaded electrified slime into a acid blob) happen. In this case, when the weapon you're using is splashed too many times it will become rusty/dull. This also might apply with leather wear...

And that might lead to the usage of smithies to mend/repair/sharpen weapons such as dull huggers, rusty axes, etc.

However, a cool thing is to have grease/oil/blessings which can prevent these weapons from becoming burnt/dull/rusty.

Now, I know all of these require coding, but they would be so cool ingame...if none of these are possible, weapon HP could work :D

Speaking of burnt items, will there EVER be a dragon in MS:C? It's a fantasy game, for god's sake :oldlol:

Kuroneko

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Jax said:
Speaking of burnt items, will there EVER be a dragon in MS:C? It's a fantasy game, for god's sake :oldlol:

If I had a penny for every time this question has been asked/answered... I'd be rich!

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I like the health bar option.

Um...how about FEMALES!!!!!!!

Lawl, I still think it's great that when you pick male and female they are the same.

For promotional purposes this would be great, more choices=more people wanting to play it.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
yeah and races...would be cool to be a female elf

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
well, i've got a few suggestions...

for one, we need something to use out vast ammounts of money on...

Ideas for things to spend money on...

+more strong health potions in shops
+an anti-poison potion, which negates the effects of currently active poisons
+an immunity potion, which stops poisons from effecting you for a short period of time
+make normal guantlets sell in the shop, and add better gauntlets to where they are now
+a wand for one handed casting
+more spells (in shops, like a sort of...high level mage shop)
+different powers of mana potions, with the current ones being low power (lower the mana healed, keep price the same)
+fitness potion, increase your speed for a short time
+stronger arrows to balance archery
+enchanted arrows for a bit of archery area effect

secondly, would it be possible for custom mappers to get some custom scripts for NPCs, monsters, or new chests? (AFTER they show that thier map is a quality map and worth the effort)

and my third suggestion...and the most hillarious...i suggest a new small arms weapon.........SMALL ARMS!!! you get them by killing dwarves...

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Ah, another thought has come to mind...what is the point of dual wielding weapons if we can't attack with both at the same time?

perhaps it could be arranged to attack with both weapons at the same time? maybe just...decreased power for left hand or something so people dont run around with dual skullblades going...haha! you're dead!

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
Ah, another thought has come to mind...what is the point of dual wielding weapons if we can't attack with both at the same time?

perhaps it could be arranged to attack with both weapons at the same time? maybe just...decreased power for left hand or something so people dont run around with dual skullblades going...haha! you're dead!

lol i liek that. "haha! your dead!"