Suggestion Brainstorming Thread

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Go diving in the sewers, you may find one or two. (beware of flying leeches)

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Hey maybe some kind of special boots with special powers would be great! Like Boots of Haste! makes you run as fast as with a raven mace in hand (passive effect) Gravity Boots makes you jump higher, Boots of Protection, give armor bonus (like 10% to 30% on greater qualities) Spellcaster's Boots lets you regenerate mana and Boots of Life that lets you regen health and stuff like that! ...well it may as well be some amulets or rings too!

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
boots would be cool, but if not modelled properly they would conflict with the plate armors, therefore only be avaliable to leather users...

Jax

New Adventurer
Reaction score
HumanSteak said:
Hey maybe some kind of special boots with special powers would be great! Like Boots of Haste! makes you run as fast as with a raven mace in hand (passive effect) Gravity Boots makes you jump higher, Boots of Protection, give armor bonus (like 10% to 30% on greater qualities) Spellcaster's Boots lets you regenerate mana and Boots of Life that lets you regen health and stuff like that! ...well it may as well be some amulets or rings too!

Aaah, long time no see Steak....seen any of the FMU around while I was away (makin sweet love to Red Orchestra :oldlol:)?

That sounds good, I like the Boots of Haste (and there's even a Wizard Wars winged boots model we could use), but the Gravity Boots seem a bit hard to do, as I've never really felt ingame HL antigrav that's only applied to one person.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Jax said:
(makin sweet love to Red Orchestra :oldlol:)?

...That's not what the computer means when it says "input"!!!!!!!

Jax

New Adventurer
Reaction score
.......MIB, that's so true :oldlol: :oldlol:

evilsquirrel said:
1) to get more people back into MSC, you need to let them know that the mod isn't dead...its actually far from dead right now...if we could get a MSC 1.1 profile up on sites like moddb and planet half-life, i'm sure some of the people who ran away because of an impending character wipe would come back! I can put up a profile for MSC 1.1 on moddb, and post news articles and pictures of new features when thothie makes them avaliable...some of these might even get to the frontpage of moddb, so people are bound to notice them and at least try out MSC.

Ah. Y'know, if you go to PlanetHalf-Life now, on the latest Mod of the Week, the author offers the readers to submit THEIR choice for the MOTW! MS:C might be suggested! And yes, the Moddb profile MUST be updated, the thing's so old, it's still got the WON splashscreen in the screenshots gallery

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
This maybe why Lord K was asking me if I had an ModDB account... I do not... Aside from asking for help on WW quite some time ago there, I'm not too familiar with the content you would need for such an article. I could take some time out to supply it, if you have an account to put it up with.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
well, i've got an account...honestly they arent that hard to make ;)

i think i can get all the content i'd need for a moddb profile...i'll just ask for MiB's help setting up the description, because its not good when i try to describe things...

things that could help are...

a release estimate for 1.1 (if there isn't one, i'll just put TBA)
percent complete (rough guess)

but i can handle screenshots, downloads, news, help wanted, and pimping the mod on the moddb forums :D

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
a release estimate for 1.1 (if there isn't one, i'll just put TBA)
percent complete (rough guess)

My original estimate was around the end of this year... However, that was assuming there would be no low-level coding done by yours truly... So, with Hard Coding winning, I've really no effing clue. It tacks on a minimum of 3 months... It's a total mystery, really, so I can't even say that safely.

As for % complete - I'd say the same as the above... If we were, however, to leave out the Hard Coding, the Insane High level maps (which were intended post MSC 1.1 anyways), Oceancrossing (which was kind of an 'if there's time left' thing), and Shrinkspell (personal map) - then *maybe* I could keep that end of the year ETA. Still rough though, and say about 60% complete.

Granted, I'm releasing everything a lil bit of a time, so it's not going to be some huge *BAM!!! MSC 1.1!!!* effect. It'll be more like, "oh, so this is MSC 1.1 we've been playin'." ;) There's some minor, size intensive stuff I keep out of the updates, but I dun think the difference will be massive from the beta people will be playijng the day before its release. There will be a full self-installer released at that time though. (Hope I can get some help hostin' it.)

I suspect, on the List of Shit To Do - I am severely overestimating the time required on some, but likely still underestimating on others... Better to err in excess.

PS. I have three or four 80%-99% completed map sources that I am going to start a thread on after I get back from the RL stuff I gotta do tomorrow evening. This will be in hopes I can deligate them out to experienced, or semi-experienced mappers.

honestly they arent that hard to make
Yeah, but I was under the impression there was money involved for this sort of 'premium service' or some such. Ethical issues, mods+money. ;)

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
If it means a solid update and all...

I will definently help out with mapping. Avoozl has seen my work and I think he liked it. i will post screens some time later.

JabbahRulz

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
Jax said:
I'm not sure if this support board acts as a suggestion center as well, but here goes.

Any idea you like....doesn't matter how incredibly impossible it sounds, as long as it is related to MS:C and would maybe add to the overall experience :D

My idea: More comestible choices (food) :p My character's been suffering diarreah for a long time...all that beer and apples :oldlol: Bread, meat, rat meat pies....pie.....apple pie.... :wink:

Probably been suggested, FLYING MOUNTS! RAGDOLL PHYSICS! BLOW SHIT UP! :D

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Yes Squirrel, I'll fix your crap writing like I always do...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
FLYING MOUNTS!

Hmm... Hmmmm... Sad thing is I can almost think of a way to do that... But I don't want to introduce flight, levitation, or whatnot to the game as it'll mess up a lot of people's maps. I dunno, might be alright if it's a super-expensive one-shot thing to sploit a map to death once in a while at a price, but it's a dubious proposition at best.

RAGDOLL PHYSICS! BLOW **** UP!
Maybe in source. :)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
That's a pretty serious modification.

Lest they have an easily integrated DLL that doesn't require much model modification for that, dun see it being done for MSC HL1. Source may have functions for it built in, not sure.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
It would be awesome to have your guilds crest replacing the edana crest in the bottom left where your health and mana is. and when you dont have a guild, it would be the edana crest (like default)

Franz

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Lures. How about lures to distract enemies? That would mean the skeletons won't be bitches too often.

And a quest log to track your quests (still allow redoing of completed quests).
More maps and quests, too.

And Ovaltine, for those times when you need health, energy, and a drink rich in vitamins.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ice Wall ;)

(or summoned rat or skeleton for that matter)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Heh, change Ice Wall to Ice Lure. It's hard to make it work as a wall at it's current state, considering:

1. If you cast it and any of the blocks HIT the monster, they instantly shatter
2. If you touch them at all, they instantly shatter
3. You can't push them over onto people! >: O

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Set it up so they splode when players touch them so that l337 people wouldn't start wandering around and encasing nubs in glaciers.

Shouldn't pop when they hit monsters - but they only have 15hp, currently. Next version they'll add your ice skill to that.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
It would be cool if you could level summoning or protection. would make lvling SC a lot easier. Also, to have the names of what ur lvling come up instead of it saying null

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Set it up so they splode when players touch them so that l337 people wouldn't start wandering around and encasing nubs in glaciers.

Why would you want to stop that?! That's the whole point of having illegal spells that everyone is jealous of :(