JAN2008a Bug Reports

Fehi

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I have recently found a Server crashing problem. After the siege of old helena if you have saved harry you can buy Potions of stability from him. Problem is doing so Crashes the server.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Shall examine.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Fehi said:
I have recently found a Server crashing problem. After the siege of old helena if you have saved harry you can buy Potions of stability from him. Problem is doing so Crashes the server.

It says when you do this:

HOST_ERROR: Recursively entered

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ah, that's what that was... Hrmm...

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Did bloodrose and got the awesome loot of a few stacks of blessed bolts. There were around six of us, I think. Don't remember many details >_>;;

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
In addition I've managed to port over Vexdum style gama lighting - which means we'll be able to do away with the solar powered torches, eventually.
Video presentation soon?

Thothie said:
This also means new potentials for mappers: If you want something on your map to stay a certain way after players leave and come back (regardless of how many times the server has reset/crashed) - we may be able to arrange something for you!
Could this also be for drops? Lets say I drop something in a private server and tell another person it is in there for them. The server does its thing and switches to edana. Can that person go into the server, change to the map, and pick up the item?

IF that was possible, this could be great news for the banking system/map. Set up a map where the NPC takes in the item and stores it in a chest (dynamic chest? OMG!) Person with the right pass/key comes by and retrieves the items.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Well, considering we don't have FN writing/reading, that would be in the msc/ of the server, which, for listenservers, is the msc/ of the client. Would you want items to be saved in an editable text file on the client?

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
No, like I have said to you many times before. And Ill say this again to you for the nth time, there must be a way to write a file to FN.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I'm sure there is, but it's out of my capabilities right now. There are more important things to take care of.

However, if I get some time and can get IO functions for FN working, I will get a bank working off of that. That would be a MUCH better way of doing banks, as you wouldn't have to send along items on everymap (would stop a lot of overflows)

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
The ice trolls in Lodagond's snow balls seems to have quite bad gravity too. Cant throw all the way across the corridor. Didn't check it at the beta server, though.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
Poison has uber gravity.
>< WTF is with that. :\ There were some little changes to the projectile code, but nothing involving gravity - maybe I fuxed up the proj_arrow_base script or something...

The ice trolls in Lodagond's snow balls seems to have quite bad gravity too. Cant throw all the way across the corridor. Didn't check it at the beta server, though.
The ice lobbers in lodagond-1 seem the same as ever last I saw them - they have never been able to throw accross the entire length of the yard. Crow has, or is working on, a new release of Lodagond-1 that compensates for this by giving them room to move. (Hopefully each has it's own catwalk - I've not seen.) I suspect he'll release it with the other lodagond maps.

megatracker

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
The Man In Black said:
Poison has uber gravity.
maybe I fuxed up the proj_arrow_base script or something...

yes. yes you did. my 2nd slot characters ice bolts start heading towards the ground once i shoot them. i have to get CLOSE to boars and stuff to kill them...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ah, I see what it is... It is the bit that makes the bolts not fly into outerspace when you drop them anymore... *sigh* Fixed next patch.

Picadilly

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
Ya gravity seems really buggered. Thornbow projectiles seriously arc and drop off. For example, on Foutpost there's no place I stand to hit the Troll Lobbers on the ledge. Same in Lodagond (I even climbed the base of the giant sword and still couldn't even get close to hitting an Ice Troll Lobber).

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
An interesting observation...
You know how certain monsters can parry(i.e. Orcs)? Well, if you happen to get parried, you get more xp, depending, on what I can tell, the amount of damage that attack was meant to deal...

Intentional, or a harmless coding fuckup? ;)

(Not that I am complaining, of course)

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Picadilly said:
Ya gravity seems really buggered. Thornbow projectiles seriously arc and drop off. For example, on Foutpost there's no place I stand to hit the Troll Lobbers on the ledge. Same in Lodagond (I even climbed the base of the giant sword and still couldn't even get close to hitting an Ice Troll Lobber).

Tested with this a bit more and the Thornbow seems to have the wooden bow series range/gravity instead of the wooden long bow as you said. (Tested it today just to be sure)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Sabre said:
An interesting observation...
You know how certain monsters can parry(i.e. Orcs)? Well, if you happen to get parried, you get more xp, depending, on what I can tell, the amount of damage that attack was meant to deal...

Intentional, or a harmless coding ****? ;)

(Not that I am complaining, of course)

One of the few XP glitches that still needs fixing.

11kexpqk5.jpg
Then again... WTF gave you that? :|

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Runeghar or whatever his name is.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
It beats the F*CK out of my highest xp :|

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I love how the bugs in this game always go from one extreme (no XP) to the other (11k XP). ;)

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Usually the no xp "bug" is usually forgetting something, like the stamina on a lot of our newer items :S

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
What, the new items don't drain enough stamina for ya? :p

Mikkel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
When using dark sword on Runegahr, you only hit like 30% of the time.

And when you don't hit him his health bar pop up.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
His health bar likely pops up because the game considers you hit him, even though you may have missed or it was parried.

That's not my view from code/scripts, that's just my logic >_>