Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ye old 2007 bugs be here

:arrow: = Working on it, :?: = wtf/unconfirmed, :idea: = fixed next release

Known issues
MAJOR
:arrow: Still getting No Free Edict Errors
- This is the #1 thing preventing an MSC 1.1 full release, IMO.
- Actually I just *assume* we still are, as I've not taken any new steps against it this month.
- TBH, I've no idea where to even start, as I can't even figure a way to get a dependable edict count.

MINOR
:idea: Some projectiles having more gravity that they should
:?: Think blizzard needs to go back to impact projectile
:idea: Ice Shield taking mana even with target shielded
:idea: Lstorm damage wrong?
:idea: Votemap needs less graphic option
:idea: Animated armors resistances seem off?
:idea: Ragnar not giving XP? (test on ub plz)
:idea: Sploitz in Daragoth
:arrow: Potions of stability crashing server
:idea: Lesser ice shield not being so lesser

Aesthetic
:arrow: Gladiator armor displays as Orochi's jacket to other players
- Something similar with Armor of Bravery.
- Basically, we need a new armor system. Only the gods know when we'll have time to test that.

Ancient/Perpetual
Known Ancient bugs:
- People still can get stuck in each other on spawns. (Partly Map Flaw)
- Swimming in waterfalls (Map flaw - although deliberate on the new Helena).
- Map crash on transition (memory dealocation error). (add +exec crashed.cfg to your hlds config)
- Become invisible when putting on armor (armor display bug work around, type 'vis' in console)
- All entities invisible bug (type kill in console to cure).
- Lights/sprites not going away / sticking to other objects
- Occasionally a weapon/spell will stop doing damage until it is unequipped then re-equipped.
- Occasional scrambled inventory: wearing potions/scrolls, etc. Usually caused by clicking on a character multiple times before load.
- Can't use charge attack in laggy conditions. (Work around: look at the floor and pray.)
- Sitting animation bugs (sometimes saves to character for awhile)
- All water sometimes goes white (texture stretch bug, restart)
- Mod_ExtraData Cacheing Failed: Listen servers must start on Edana, from there you can changelevel anywhere you want.
- Typing issues in chat. Especially with European keyboards.
- Matching elemental resistances do not stack and will cancel one another out. (Not so much a bug, so much as a limitation and reminder of said - might find away around this in the future).
- Prices over 32k register as negative on client.
- Health/mana indicator madness (see yonder)
- Small sack holds stuff it should not.
- Bank freaks if you have more than one of the ticket or item you are trying to trade

Also Not liable to go away soon:
- Some monsters still capable of some acts while frozen (jumping, etc.)
- Orion Bow jamming sometimes, (I've no idea how to fix this without dropping the whole charged weapon concept.)

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Gladiator Armor was displaying correctly the other day. It looks like orochi's when its first picked up, but after a map change it looks fine. I'm not talking about client, I saw somebody with it (rather, I gave it to them).

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I tested it out on the client and it looked fine from there... IDK, this whole armor display bug is kinda hard to predict. :\

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Most of this is going to be a repeat from things I said in-game, Thothie, but here goes:

1) Runegahr casts two lightning storms while he should only be casting one.
2) Elemental armors have very odd resistances, very screwy. The only thing that still seems to work perfectly is the acidic bolt on lightning armors. My lightning storm does 8.7 DOT damage tops on venom armors.
3) When a bandit leader's potion stops working (speed pot, demon blood, protection) a message will show up and say "EFFECTED ENDED".
4) Khaz blade does like ~10 impact damage and ~60 DOT fire damage on Zygoli (no eyes present). Either the impact damage is way too low or the DOT fire damage is way too high.
5) It happened to me multiple times that my darksword (Belmont's darksword actually, I borrowed it, but anyway) would suddenly de-charge itself, as if I had released the fire button. This is particulary annoying when you're fighting something that needs its ass kicked.
6) Acidic bolt projectiles sometimes tend to fly in an arch.
7) Could you double-check a certain chest script that was the resource for fang tooth summoning scrolls at one point in the past. For some reason I think it's broken. Yes, really.
8) Items dropped by monsters (swords, gauntlets, quivers) block the Orion Bow's mana ball. This is particulary annoying in ara and old_helena.
9) Runegahr does not give XP. First he tries to kill us for saving him from the four ice mages, and then he screws us out of XP.

Also, a request:
For some odd reason, players will always spawn inside one ms_player_start even if there are more present, and players will always end up at one info_teleport_destination even if there are more present. Could you make this a priority thing to fix? People spawning into each other at locations where the 'jump-to-escape' thing won't do the trick is quite annoying.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I think the bug about Runeghar casting 2 lighting storms was since lodagond-1 got released (or at least, before Decemeber)

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Seems like northmaul's first person animations reacts to lag clientside, not letting me perform the first charge attack, plus some extra delay than usual

Jon

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Rune Blade's poison bolt thingy is arching horribly. Found this out testing my map out in my server. The bolt barely goes anywhere now.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Seems like northmaul's first person animations reacts to lag clientside, not letting me perform the first charge attack, plus some extra delay than usual

Also it seems both sides train blunt arms

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
If you're talking about 0x0x0, that's because we never fixed it...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Actually, I remember why that is. He used to have a second lightning attack, but it caused too much crashiness, so he got second lstorm to compensate. (This is actually kind, as his second lightning attack was much meaner)

2) Elemental armors have very odd resistances, very screwy. The only thing that still seems to work perfectly is the acidic bolt on lightning armors. My lightning storm does 8.7 DOT damage tops on venom armors.
I looked into that (it is also listed above), the resistances look right. They are 60% resistant to everything so that means even what they are vulnerable, will be cut by 60% before the vulnerable multiplier is applied.

Code snippets/spoilers (after today’s updates):
Code:
 		name an|Enchanted Armor of Fire
		setvard DAMAGE_TYPE fire
		takedmg all 0.4
		takedmg lightning 1.5
		takedmg fire 0.0
		takedmg cold 2.5
		setvard ANIM_ATTACK battleaxe_swing1_L
		setmodelbody 0 0
		setmodelbody 1 2	//Head: 0=CapW/horns 1=Capw/Spikes 2=Skull
		setmodelbody 2 5	//Weapon: 0=Unarmed(Litterally!) 1=Axe 2=woodbow 3=steelbow 4=sword 5=bloodaxe
		setvard LIGHT_COLOR (255,0,0)
Code:
 		name an|Enchanted Armor of Thunder
		setvard DAMAGE_TYPE lightning
		takedmg all 0.4
		takedmg lightning 0.0
		takedmg acid 3.0
		takedmg fire 1.0
		takedmg cold 1.0
		setvard ANIM_ATTACK swordswing1_L
		setmodelbody 0 0
		setmodelbody 2 4	//Weapon: 0=Unarmed(Litterally!) 1=Axe 2=woodbow 3=steelbow 4=sword 5=bloodaxe
		setvard LIGHT_COLOR (255,255,0)
Code:
 		name an|Enchanted Armor of Frost
		setvard DAMAGE_TYPE cold
		takedmg all 0.4
		takedmg lightning 1.5
		takedmg fire 2.5
		takedmg cold 0.0
		setvard ANIM_ATTACK battleaxe_swing1_L
		setmodelbody 0 0
		setmodelbody 2 1	//Weapon: 0=Unarmed(Litterally!) 1=Axe 2=woodbow 3=steelbow 4=sword 5=bloodaxe
		setvard LIGHT_COLOR (200,200,255)
Code:
 		name an|Enchanted Armor of Venom
		setvard DAMAGE_TYPE poison
		takedmg all 0.4
		takedmg lightning 3.0
		setvard ANIM_ATTACK swordswing1_L
		setmodelbody 0 0
		setmodelbody 2 4	//Weapon: 0=Unarmed(Litterally!) 1=Axe 2=woodbow 3=steelbow 4=sword 5=bloodaxe
		setvard LIGHT_COLOR (0,255,0)

3) When a bandit leader's potion stops working (speed pot, demon blood, protection) a message will show up and say "EFFECTED ENDED".

Fixed.

4) Khaz blade does like ~10 impact damage and ~60 DOT fire damage on Zygoli (no eyes present). Either the impact damage is way too low or the DOT fire damage is way too high.
Or Zygoli is resistant to pierce but vulnerable to fire. I’d have to check both the blade and Zygoli to be sure, but I suspect that’s what is up.

5) It happened to me multiple times that my darksword (Belmont's darksword actually, I borrowed it, but anyway) would suddenly de-charge itself, as if I had released the fire button. This is particulary annoying when you're fighting something that needs its ass kicked.
No clue. Noted.

6) Acidic bolt projectiles sometimes tend to fly in an arch.
Is this new, btw? I can’t figure what’s making all our projectiles arch by default. Also pisses me off that it only happens in multiplayer. Fixed the same way I fixed it on the ice lance and K knife.

7) Could you double-check a certain chest script that was the resource for fang tooth summoning scrolls at one point in the past. For some reason I think it's broken. Yes, really.
The Fangtooth scroll only appears in an artifact chest. Seeing as how I’ve added no new artifact chests in quite some time, this has been untouched.

8) Items dropped by monsters (swords, gauntlets, quivers) block the Orion Bow's mana ball. This is particulary annoying in ara and old_helena.
Intersting… Do they stop it (cause it to hold in position), or pop it?

9) Runegahr does not give XP. First he tries to kill us for saving him from the four ice mages, and then he screws us out of XP.
Ragnar resents being saved by, what are in his eyes, “pathetic lil humans” – much less does he enjoy giving them XP. ;) – I’m looking into the XP thang. In the future ye may even have a way to get on his good side.

For some odd reason, players will always spawn inside one ms_player_start even if there are more present, and players will always end up at one info_teleport_destination even if there are more present. Could you make this a priority thing to fix? People spawning into each other at locations where the 'jump-to-escape' thing won't do the trick is quite annoying.
I chalk it up in part to map flaw, but yes, that is annoying. Might be an MiB department, but his hands are pretty full atm. I’ve no idea off hand, but I can take a looksie at the entity.

Chalk that up to a need to do a charge attack without double click.

Also it seems both sides train blunt arms
It’s still a hammer any way you hold it. ;)

Still seeing gibing going on
Saw one on old_helena (and no MiB, he’s not talking about 0x0x0 – monsters actually EXPLODE in HL gibs). This is very disturbing, and I’ve no idea what causes it – just know it first cropped up in DEC2007a. I need to follow through the code, as the gib thing is handled near game_death where we used to have the applyeffect removal. Under certain conditions the monster gibs, but I’m not sure what they are (maybe too many skill-based damages stacking at once?). A hacky fix maybe to simply go through the gib sequence, and make sure the monster does everything he does when he normally dies, so the monsterspawn and target counters register.

One thought, was the bit I had before, was to prevent monsters from taking more than one set of damage per frame by putting a 0.1 second delay on receiving dodamage/xdodamage. I know regular dodamages can crash the server if a monster gets too many at once.

Also Chapel is kinda broken.
Elaborate please? ;) – I know it’s very sploity and needs a recompile – anything else?

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Lemme explain myself better with the northmaul issue. Usually, no first person animations lag (none at all do), only the little red guy in the bottom of th screen, which says when you are actually hitting ingame.

But with northmaul the lag seems also affect you first persons attacks (clientside?), which slows down things more, making first charge impossible to perform (basically because bad sync between the first attack and the charge bar)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
That's because the server controls the first person animations on the northmaul... Example of one of those things I didn't think to test for =\

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
That's because the server controls the first person animations on the northmaul... Example of one of those things I didn't think to test for =\
Server controls the viewanims, in the case of the north maul (which is new), but not the owner anims (player model anims). Although I think playowneranim is always server side, so maybe it does anyways - but we've not changed that - I never play third person, so I'm not quite sure yer on about here.

It maybe something simple - like I forgot to add playowneranim lines.

Wrath

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Well you cant use the triggers, or open the secret chest thing, and the undead don't appear aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :oldshock:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I *assume* yer on about Chapel. Eh... Meh, map needs a recompile anyways.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Actually, I remember why that is. He used to have a second lightning attack, but it caused too much crashiness, so he got second lstorm to compensate. (This is actually kind, as his second lightning attack was much meaner)
Oh, nevermind what I said then. I remember that other lightning attack indeed being much meaner, so uhh, yeah, I didn't complain :mrgreen:

Also, I recall reading somewhere that you said you fixed the "Chieften" typo, but it's still there. Poor Runegahr is still the "Chieften" of Clan Shahaddar.

Thothie said:
The Fangtooth scroll only appears in an artifact chest. Seeing as how I’ve added no new artifact chests in quite some time, this has been untouched.
This particular scroll used to appear in a regular chest first, so I probably never noticed you transferring it into an artifact chest.

Thothie said:
Intersting… Do they stop it (cause it to hold in position), or pop it?
The mana ball gets popped. It's very easy to reproduce this in ara and/or old_helena.

Thothie said:
Still seeing gibing going on
Saw one on old_helena (and no MiB, he’s not talking about 0x0x0 – monsters actually EXPLODE in HL gibs). This is very disturbing, and I’ve no idea what causes it – just know it first cropped up in DEC2007a. I need to follow through the code, as the gib thing is handled near game_death where we used to have the applyeffect removal. Under certain conditions the monster gibs, but I’m not sure what they are (maybe too many skill-based damages stacking at once?). A hacky fix maybe to simply go through the gib sequence, and make sure the monster does everything he does when he normally dies, so the monsterspawn and target counters register.
Yeah, forgot to mention that one, I gibbed a monster in ara twice and at first I didn't even notice it because Belmont was doing some Orion Bow whoring, but suddenly he was like "Hey, what's that?" and then I noticed bloody chunks on the ground. Mad fun! I think I was using poison cloud by the way, not sure if that helps though.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Helps a little - think it is related to skill damage stacking... It wouldn't be so bad, but if fux with monsterspawn counters - which tends to mean that things that should happen, don't.

And I coulda sworn I fixed the poor Sorc chief... Meh fixed... Again. (not propigated to ultra-betas yet)

BTW I have some news that's almost too good to talk about, but... MiB seems to have (dare I say it for fear of jinxing it?) FIXED THE CHAT BUG!

In addition I've managed to port over Vexdum style gama lighting - which means we'll be able to do away with the solar powered torches, eventually.

Also thanks to MiB, we have full file I/O, which means all sorts of nuttyness can ensue in regards to removing reliance on AMX and such.

This also means new potentials for mappers: If you want something on your map to stay a certain way after players leave and come back (regardless of how many times the server has reset/crashed) - we may be able to arrange something for you!

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
About the fangtooth scroll. After killing Voldar, I once got the message that an artifact chest appeared but nothing happened.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Helps a little - think it is related to skill damage stacking... It wouldn't be so bad, but if fux with monsterspawn counters - which tends to mean that things that should happen, don't.

And I coulda sworn I fixed the poor Sorc chief... Meh fixed... Again. (not propigated to ultra-betas yet)

BTW I have some news that's almost too good to talk about, but... MiB seems to have (dare I say it for fear of jinxing it?) FIXED THE CHAT BUG!

In addition I've managed to port over Vexdum style gama lighting - which means we'll be able to do away with the solar powered torches, eventually.

Also thanks to MiB, we have full file I/O, which means all sorts of nuttyness can ensue in regards to removing reliance on AMX and such.

This also means new potentials for mappers: If you want something on your map to stay a certain way after players leave and come back (regardless of how many times the server has reset/crashed) - we may be able to arrange something for you!
:-O

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I've moved the vote results to the combat hud (due to J-M complaining) - plus the chat bug is fixed on the ultra-beta server(s), amongst a few other misc bugs (Ragnar XP/Name/Ice Shield/Anim Armors, etc). Feel free to take a look. I'm trying to rely more on the AMD laptop server for now, but it seems to handle it nearly as well as the main rig:
69.106.105.21:27016

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
now that xp passing has been fixed, some monsters have unbalanced amounts of xp.

For example, marogar warriors (or however they are called) only give 90xp compared to orcish player who give 100xp

also hideous cave trolls give the same as normal trolls (100xp)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, said that was going to be a problem for awhile... I'm kinda torn between going through all the monsters and setting a new XP ramp for em all (would be good, but a pain) - or simply multipling XP based on armor values for anything under a certain amount of HP, as it used to be, and handling bosses seperately.