JAN2008a Bug Reports

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
A bit offtopic here, but please don't "Fix" the boss exp pl0x! It now actually feels a bit rewarding to get a little 3% sword training for beating a boss for 45 minutes!

Farming for items is getting kinda old and once you have everything, the game gets boring. But for those crazy enough to solo a boss and spend near an hour for a little 3% (otherwise it would take a whole day soloing ara or foutpost over and over again for the same ammount of exp) can feel happy instead of saying to themselves "crappy stupid pointless exp for all this."

Besides, with that exp passing fix, ALL the monsters (except those with no armor) give much less exp. And I'd vote to leave it that way. If you're an uber level player, farm bosses for exp and have fun doing it! (for once...)

Just another thing, Orc champions are not wearing armors and have 20% armor anyway, take as long to kill than a flayer for less exp. It would be sweet if they didn't have imaginary armors :wink:.

Yet another thing, that lesser bag of hold is great, but with all these bolts I'm carrying I'm still too heavy :?. A quiver of hold, Backpack of hold and other similar things to replace our ordinary packs we've been carrying forever would be awesome.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I think it's more likely that we make the bag of holding actually work how it should (items in it are weightless) rather than have it just be a negative-weight pack.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Possible bug report
I've been trying to get a certain item in Wicard Oven for a while now. I had this item a long time ago, got it from Voldar's chest, back in the days when there weren't artifact chests yet. Traded it away, and now I want a new one. I haven't seen this item spawn in Voldar's chest in ages, and you actually said in a different thread that it only spawns in an artifact chest now. I've heard rumors in-game that an artifact chest might appear next to Voldar's chest (that would be the second artifact chest in Wicard Oven). Problem is (the possible bug), I've never seen this artifact chest appear. One person also told me that he once had the "An Artifact chest has spawned" prompt in Wicard Oven, but no artifact chest actually showed up. You probably know which item I'm talking about. Does Voldar have an artifact chest or is it broken (that would be the bug)?
Repeat for great justice.

Wrath

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Wrath said:
Not sure if someone posted this but the Thorn-Bow needs a super buff because the Heavy-Cross-Bow can over power it easily. :eek:

Repeat for greater justice! :)

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Possible bug report
I've been trying to get a certain item in Wicard Oven for a while now. I had this item a long time ago, got it from Voldar's chest, back in the days when there weren't artifact chests yet. Traded it away, and now I want a new one. I haven't seen this item spawn in Voldar's chest in ages, and you actually said in a different thread that it only spawns in an artifact chest now. I've heard rumors in-game that an artifact chest might appear next to Voldar's chest (that would be the second artifact chest in Wicard Oven). Problem is (the possible bug), I've never seen this artifact chest appear. One person also told me that he once had the "An Artifact chest has spawned" prompt in Wicard Oven, but no artifact chest actually showed up. You probably know which item I'm talking about. Does Voldar have an artifact chest or is it broken (that would be the bug)?
Repeat for great justice.
QFE, cause the haxbow is better anyways ;)

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Why not add to thornbow the effect of releasing sharpnels (or whaterver is called) upon impact?

Wrath

New Adventurer
Reaction score
FER said:
Why not add to thornbow the effect of releasing sharpnels (or whaterver is called) upon impact?

Sounds like a good idea to me. :)

replica

New Adventurer
Reaction score
textures coming out white in helena: picture. i dont remember what maps we were on before this, edana and maybe the cotbg series.

if you freeze something in freezing sphere and then freeze it with the northmaul, it freezes twice, and sometimes cancels out the freezing spheres freeze so enemies will walk around surrounded in a block of ice(which eventually breaks off).

with newer ATI cards you get the big white health thing that blocks your view(in both XP and Vista). i dont know if you can fix this, so ill just keep using the work around.

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I had a case of gibing, which might be interesting. It happened on skycastle where I gained a level by rebuking a fragile knight. It seems to have died, hp-wise, without dying (rebuke does constant damage and I counted the hits) and the last hit, where it should had 0 or less hp, seems to have gibed it. Worth to notice is that I, from the same skeleton, gained a level and the exp arrived when it was supposed to die (but didn't).

Could it have something to do with the immortal monster fix?

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Oh shit I get it! The spell casting (null)!!! When we gain a level from null skills (affliction and divination) the monster has 0 hp, can take one more hit as it says we gained a level. And I noticed everytime affliction or divination was involved. One strange thing is that today I saw someone gib a Ghoul using the runeblade's acid bolt. Maybe he leveled up and I didn't know since null skills level up won't do sprites and stuff.
That may be it!

megatracker

New Adventurer
Reaction score
HumanSteak said:
Oh **** I get it! The spell casting (null)!!! When we gain a level from null skills (affliction and divination) the monster has 0 hp, can take one more hit as it says we gained a level. And I noticed everytime affliction or divination was involved. One strange thing is that today I saw someone gib a Ghoul using the runeblade's acid bolt. Maybe he leveled up and I didn't know since null skills level up won't do sprites and stuff.
That may be it!

you know i think you hit the board on the nail there. im serious!

cooper once gibbed a zombie in edana sewers. i was shocked but now it makes sence. he must have leveled a null skill when he hit it

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Please MiB or Thothie refresh my memory about why not using skins instead of submodels (on models of course)

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
HumanSteak said:
Oh **** I get it! The spell casting (null)!!! When we gain a level from null skills (affliction and divination) the monster has 0 hp, can take one more hit as it says we gained a level.
I am probably missing something here, but I just don't understand why a monster can take one more hit when a player levels.

Player levels - Monster can take one more hit
How? Is it just coded like that? I don't see how these two would be connected.

On the other hand, I've seen two monster gibs, and the first one involved me spamming poison cloud (but I was about halfway leveling) and the second one probably was me using poison cloud again (close to leveling).

replica said:
newer ATI cards you get the big white health thing that blocks your view
The solution: Don't buy ATi.

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I have a new-ish mid-ish ATi graphics card and it hasn't given me any trouble whatsoever. Sapphire Radeon x1950 pro, is lurvely.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
HumanSteak said:
Oh **** I get it! The spell casting (null)!!! When we gain a level from null skills (affliction and divination) the monster has 0 hp, can take one more hit as it says we gained a level.
I am probably missing something here, but I just don't understand why a monster can take one more hit when a player levels.

Player levels - Monster can take one more hit
How? Is it just coded like that? I don't see how these two would be connected.

On the other hand, I've seen two monster gibs, and the first one involved me spamming poison cloud (but I was about halfway leveling) and the second one probably was me using poison cloud again (close to leveling).

I think I get it. I ALWAYS levelled on the second to last hit when training divination with rebuke... I've never gibbed a skeleton, but it does give me the "You have levelled (null)!" on the second to last hit.
J-M v2.5.5 said:
replica said:
newer ATI cards you get the big white health thing that blocks your view
/agree

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Bad news... I was playing Ara on my server just now, I was using only crossbow and Hoarfrost shard. Then something horrible happened... I noticed something odd about hoarfrost and wanted to investigate it, (it looked like nothing but it might be related, will investigate further) and I started spamming the attack button while fighting the orc warlord and... he gibbed :(
He was inside a circle of ice, frozen solid by ice lances and getting raped as usual, then I saw his heart, face, some unidentified thingies and lots of blood then I was like "wtf?"
Nice story uh? I know that's stupid...

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I was helping Joey level yesterday in daragoth. He was standing in a healing circle of mine, attacking some random orc with a lesser ice blade. And all of the sudden the orc went SPLAT. I don't think anymore that the gibbing is related to divination/affliction.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The only reason you get a (null) level up, is because where it goes to get the skill name, it doesn't differentiate between combat skills and spellcasting, thus it can only get the indexes to properly name first three spells. …and I coulda sworn we fixed that last month.

Sadly, ATI has gone to the crapper. This is very bad, as it means nVidia can basically sit on its laurels and shove whatever feces it wants down our throats. ATI’s obviously given up on the fight, and is depending solely on kickbacks (from, for instance, rigging some of their cards to only work with Vista), name recognition, and brand loyalists who haven’t realized they’ve been abandoned yet. Their share of the market is dwindling so rapidly, I don’t even think a much needed 180 in marketing philosophy could save them at this point.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
The only reason you get a (null) level up, is because where it goes to get the skill name, it doesn't differentiate between combat skills and spellcasting, thus it can only get the indexes to properly name first three spells. …and I coulda sworn we fixed that last month.

Sadly, ATI has gone to the crapper. This is very bad, as it means nVidia can basically sit on its laurels and shove whatever feces it wants down our throats. ATI’s obviously given up on the fight, and is depending solely on kickbacks (from, for instance, rigging some of their cards to only work with Vista), name recognition, and brand loyalists who haven’t realized they’ve been abandoned yet. Their share of the market is dwindling so rapidly, I don’t even think a much needed 180 in marketing philosophy could save them at this point.
Luckily for us(sfaik), nVidia hasn't given us any major crap.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
The new ATi cards are downright pathetic. The 3870 (I think that's the name) can't even beat the 8800 GT. Pathetic.
Which is exactly why my 8800GT arrives tomorrow 8)

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Whee, more Northmaul bugs!

I can use the Northmaul's second charge at level 21 blunt, but I can't use the first charge.

Also, it seems, you can use the second charge on no mana.

Oh, this too: The Dark Sword can work up to its full charge... And I have 28 swords. It makes me wonder whether the level req for it has been lowered or there's some bugs in the weapon system.

megatracker

New Adventurer
Reaction score
CrazyMonkeyDude said:
Whee, more Northmaul bugs!

I can use the Northmaul's second charge at level 21 blunt, but I can't use the first charge.

Also, it seems, you can use the second charge on no mana.

Oh, this too: The Dark Sword can work up to its full charge... And I have 28 swords. It makes me wonder whether the level req for it has been lowered or there's some bugs in the weapon system.

the second charge is for ice. i can use it too