JAN2008a Bug Reports

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Actually, J-M is right about the bugged Voldar arty. Its been bugged almost since Wicardoven got released, probably got bugged the next patch after its release.

Onea

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I'll post it here anyway.

Bug/Misleading info on weapon level restriction:
I have a dagger that is restricted to level 3, so I used a different dagger at level 1. I leveled up to level 3 power and level 2 balance/prof. I think it said "level 3" daggers at the general level. I switched to the level 3 dagger and it didn't complain that I was too low level. However, once I started using it I realized that I was hitting like crap and I had a really low chance to hit. I switched back to the crummy dagger and got level 3 bal/prof. Then the level 3 dagger worked fine.

Anyway, in summary, I didn't realize I needed level 3 in all 3 weapon stats. Perhaps this could be made more clear somehow.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Like the pop-up says, it's proficiency you are lacking, not balance or power.

FER said:
Actually, J-M is right about the bugged Voldar arty. Its been bugged almost since Wicardoven got released, probably got bugged the next patch after its release.
I know it's bugged. I fixed it like a week ago (I've not propigated any fixes to the server since the 4th though). But he's been so f*cking obnoxious about it, I am rapidly not giving a shit.

Onea

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Like the pop-up says, it's proficiency you are lacking, not balance or power.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense in retrospect. However, as a new player, the difference between balance/proficiency/power wasn't very clear to me. When it said I had to be "level 3", I assumed that "level 3" on the character page meant that I was high enough.

However, there still wasn't an error message when I tried to use it. I just had a 20% chance to hit, and dealt .5 damage.

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
FER said:
I know it's bugged. I fixed it like a week ago (I've not propigated any fixes to the server since the 4th though). But he's been so f*cking obnoxious about it, I am rapidly not giving a ****.

I don't see a single post acknowladging the bug before this. I think he just assumed you were ignoring him.

So he repeated it, with no response, and then agian in annoying giant letters.

Course I don't expect you to keep track of every little thing to reply to.

/shrug

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Crow said:
Thothie said:
FER said:
I know it's bugged. I fixed it like a week ago (I've not propigated any fixes to the server since the 4th though). But he's been so f*cking obnoxious about it, I am rapidly not giving a ****.

I don't see a single post acknowladging the bug before this. I think he just assumed you were ignoring him.

So he repeated it, with no response, and then agian in annoying giant letters.

Course I don't expect you to keep track of every little thing to reply to.

/shrug
That, and usually Thothie mentions which bugs he fixed in the first post. I see no mention of the Voldar arty at all, so I just kept echoing it.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Found bug In your ultra beta server. When I kill fire shamans (killed them with a bow), the games crashes and the message "error firewall.script" (or something like that) pops up

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Damnit... I didn't think of this - it's using a client side script that the current clients wouldn't have (I changed how the firewall works for less crashieness). I might have to undo it on the ultra-beta server temporarily, or redirect it to an existing script (which would still make orc firewalls invisible, but not crash.)

That, and usually Thothie mentions which bugs he fixed in the first post. I see no mention of the Voldar arty at all, so I just kept echoing it.
Jebus christ... I fix between 50 and 100 bugs a day in this damned thing. I don't respond to half the bug reports on here, hell, I don't even respond to all the ones I get PM'd (much less IM'd) - and you don't see those kids mentioning the same bug in every post, and then in all caps, just because they can't get that one item they're missing...

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie is slowly coming to the dark side...

...Good....gooood...

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Well, we were just on your server, and on old Helena everything was giving half as much XP... Intentional or no?

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I sure hope it's not intentional... if it is I'm out of this game for good.
i serious
How am I supposed to get the 1 611 843 exp it takes to gain one sword level now... even though it ever been pointless...
We need MOAR exp to keep up with that damned exp ramp not less :wink:

Brutus

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ehm.. I don't know if it has been postet yet, but trying to give back the hat to his owner in Deralia while having it on ones head does crash the server...

:oops:

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
You're usually supposed to get letters mixed up that are next to eachother on the keyboard, not the alphabet, Thothie. Always gotta be different...

Moira

New Adventurer
Reaction score
When a vote fails, you get the message "too many neigh sayers" instead of "nay sayers".

Vlad

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Re:

Moira said:
When a vote fails, you get the message "too many neigh sayers" instead of "nay sayers".

I lol'd because you're retarded and apparently don't know that it's spelled like that on purpose. :roll:

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I lol'd because apparently you're the retarded one, not understanding that we DO NOT WANT YOU HERE!

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Re: Re:

Vlad said:
Moira said:

I lol'd because you're retarded and apparently don't know that it's spelled like that on purpose. :roll:

How's it hangin', whale penis?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score

Vlad said:
Moira said:

Nay == No.
Neigh == Horse noise.

Thanks for playing.

Mikkel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score

The Man In Black said:
Vlad said:
Moira said:

Nay == No.
Neigh == Horse noise.

Thanks for playing.

I had a good lolz :D

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie, I know you might have enough confirmations about this already but gibbing is without a doupt related to poison (Or all null) I saw someone gib a monster randomly with snake staff without leveling, and I have also heard a monster gib as someone said "LULZ I LEVEL'D NULL" (There was poison clouds everywhere)

Fehi

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I have also seen cases where Hoarfrosts, UGAs, and other elemental weapons gib monsters. I have never seen a monster be gibbed by a normal weapon.

Which makes me think if it is the elemental kick of rare weapons that also cause gibbing.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I'll say this once again, since people didn't pay attention before. The cause of gibbing is likely due to the fixes I made to make glow shells die with monsters. When you use Affliction, Div, GiB, anything, it puts a glow shell on the monster.