JAN2008a Bug Reports

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'm curious about the new xp information mib added. I'm referring to the [1520 xp left] numbers. I was killing some orcs on heras/foupost and the orc flayers give 100xp but the number on my skill menu only goes up by 10. Some other monsters also give a different amount than what it says in green bottom right. Maybe take a look at it?

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
XP you gain is split between the subskills of the weapons you were using. So you could have gotten 100 XP, but that might have been 10 to Proficiency, 50 to Power and 40 to Balance.

EDIT: And the number should go down... not up =/

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Durak said:
I'm curious about the new xp information mib added. I'm referring to the [1520 xp left] numbers. I was killing some orcs on heras/foupost and the orc flayers give 100xp but the number on my skill menu only goes up by 10. Some other monsters also give a different amount than what it says in green bottom right. Maybe take a look at it?

Shurik3n added this, not me. All props to him >_>

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Shurik3n said:
XP you gain is split between the subskills of the weapons you were using. So you could have gotten 100 XP, but that might have been 10 to Proficiency, 50 to Power and 40 to Balance.

EDIT: And the number should go down... not up =/

It's probably that they were being split between the categories. I didn't think of that for some reason. I'll test it again. Oh, and I meant down not up, sorry :).

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Re: Re:

The Man In Black said:
Vlad said:
Moira said:
When a vote fails, you get the message "too many neigh sayers" instead of "nay sayers".

I lol'd because you're retarded and apparently don't know that it's spelled like that on purpose. :roll:

Nay == No.
Neigh == Horse noise.

Thanks for playing.
zing_normal.gif

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Gibbing is from leveling a null spell (affliction/divination). I leveled my affliction with acid bolt which has NO GLOW and the monster I killed to level was gibbed.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Back to square one then. *sigh*

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Not sure if time invested in that is worth the potential advantages. :roll:

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I think it is. Lots of work-arounds that are implemented now could be optimized through FNfileIO... Of course, I shoudn't say anything since I don't work on it.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Not sure if time invested in that is worth the potential advantages. :roll:

I'm nearly done, so I think. The only problem is how many times I've had to recreate it from scratch. The last time being when ya told me we didn't have a reliable way to fire a function on crash =\

The write is done, and I'm in the middle of writing the read - no compile errors thus far ;-)

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Ok now I'm training fire with my Novablade and the first charge (the one that trains fire) keeps missing and it's just unbelievable that a 84% can miss that often. It's even worse than the axes and it misses about 5 times out of 6.
The normal sword hit barely ever misses and has the same hit rate than the first charge, I think something might be wrong about it.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I've noticed on some other weapons too that the roll chance is pretty much lying to me.

Bug reports, eh? That reminds me:
The Winter Alpha Wolf (monsters/wolf_ice_alpha) can't be spawned because the game crashes with the following error message:
Mod_NumForName: models/monsters/wolf_large.mdl not found

The Winter Wolf (monsters/wolf_ice) crashes the game whenever he attempts some ice attack. The error message is something along the lines of a missing ice/frost attack script (forgot to note it).

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
@MIB: Is the write gonna work like how it was when you first told me about it?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Write is working with:
Append
Insert (line num)
Overwrite (line num)

Mak528

New Adventurer
Reaction score
In the map Lost Caverns.
When i attack a Greater Maldora minion of Fire. No damage appears nor the sound of hitting them. But when i use the mace's skill to stun it works so i figured i am hurting it. But its taking too long to kill it so i gave up.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
DoingItWrong.jpg

The greater maldora minions are only vulnerable to a very few weapons. ;)

Mak528

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Oh... well... the only weapons i have are calruin mace, ice blade, battleaxe, crossbow, sylvian blade, fang tooth. I cant seem to find any other weapons. Oh and the snake staff. I've beaten many maps except forgottenoutpost, lost cavern, lodagond, cleicert. I fail to see how you guys get them so easily.... I'm never getting anything good.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
We play in large groups. ;)

I'll tell ye, of the weapons you have, one will work against the greater minions of ice, although from the sound of it, they maybe a bit mean for ye even then.

Mak528

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Man.. its only me and a friend. Wish we can travel in big groups. Too bad i'd join you guys but i hate the idea of starting over.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
You'd probably get to where you are now in about 1/10th the time.