JAN2008a Bug Reports

Mikkel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
His health bar likely pops up because the game considers you hit him, even though you may have missed or it was parried.

That's not my view from code/scripts, that's just my logic >_>

It doesn't even tell me if I hit him or not. (J-M has the same bug)

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
11kexpqk5.jpg

Then again... WTF gave you that? :|

Yes, it was a boss indeed, but it wasn't Runeghar because I can't deal that much damage to him yet. (usually get 3-8k off him).

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Anytime you attack a monster (with the bloodstone ring), his healthbar will show up. Doesn't matter if you hit, or it was parried, or if the attack was cancled for one reason or another (lack of mana, etc.) There's a few items/spells that use dodamage to "target" monsters, these will also cause that (with no damage/parry report).

...and if not Runeghar than who? :\

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Bug report
I am being haunted by 0.
The following happened to me twice:
msc_bug01.gif
Another person (forgot who) had the same bug today. All occurences were in old_helena, if that helps.

Bug report
The "Intended Difficulty" box does not show up in Outer Lodagond. I'd like it to show up for certain are-you-allowed-to-roll reasons.
What you see in ww1:
msc_bug03a.gif
What you see in lodagond-1:
msc_bug03b.gif

Grammar nazi time
The name of the phoenix armor is "Armor of the Phoenix". But if you equip it, the game tells you that you "assemble the pheonix armor".

Incontinuity
The name of the stability helmet is "a Helmet of Stability". But if you equip it, the game tells you that you put on "the Helm of Stability".

Public announcement
It's "Runegahr" and not "Runeghar".

Fun stuff
Yesterday I got disconnected from [some random MS: C server] and the game told me this:
msc_bug02.gif
I figured I'd just add that for the humor factor.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Bug report
I am being haunted by 0.
The following happened to me twice:
msc_bug01.gif
Another person (forgot who) had the same bug today. All occurences were in old_helena, if that helps.
That's more than a little worrisome than it may appear, as it suggests summons are targeting non-existant NPC's - and if they are, then so are others.

It may also be that the 0 you picked up from that artifact chest is just stalking you due to feelings of rejection.

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Anytime you attack a monster (with the bloodstone ring), his healthbar will show up. Doesn't matter if you hit, or it was parried, or if the attack was cancled for one reason or another (lack of mana, etc.) There's a few items/spells that use dodamage to "target" monsters, these will also cause that (with no damage/parry report).

...and if not Runeghar than who? :\

Atholo.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Did you solo him? :oldshock: That's about what he should dish out, total, not per player. :?

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Did you solo him? :oldshock: That's about what he should dish out, total, not per player. :?

Well, Walter and me killed him, we each got 11k.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie, if everyone is using Darkswords at full charge, and then they're getting parried, that is how they're also getting massive xp from bosses. Hence the reason people using said sword on Runegahr are all "Aww yeah, 11k xp biatch!" , as opposed to the ranged attackers "Only 2k :(" .

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Darksword aside, melee attackers always do more damage to individual targets than range. They risk more, they get more, pretty much how it goes.

...but this 20,000+XP off a monster marked for 10k is out of hand... It maybe Darksword abuse in part, but I'd rather fix the XP/Parry thing (if that's what it is) than nerf the DS again. (Does seem its more valuable than intended.)

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Don't nerf the dark sword O_O
It's still the same sword it has always been (I borrowed dark swords from other people in the past so I can know this).

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Turn off the monsters' ability to parry, and your problem is solved.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I think both parry and the "exploit" you sent me, Thoth, are the same problem and can be fixed as such. I'll look into it in a bit...

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Bug report
The north maul's blizzard attack (second charge) only casts half of the time, at best. It doesn't matter how you try to cast it; if the second charge just barely finished or if the third charge bar is almost filled, it remains pretty difficult to cast this thing. Half of the time, I just hit with the maul instead of casting the blizzard, even though I charged the second charge.

Bug report
Chain lightning still doesn't work as good as it used to; at times only some of the monsters within range get hit the first eight bolts or so. If there are six monsters around me, I could very well only be hitting one, or half of them, or all six of them, or any random amount of them for the first ~eight bolts. Sometimes I can't even hit monsters standing in front of me for fifteen seconds. Sometimes (rarely though) I hit monsters way out of range. But the try-to-attack-eight-times-and-then-finally-hit thing happens the most.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I was playing around with some lower level spells and I gib'd a boar with only using Erratic Lightning, it actually made me jump :eek: I figured that could help you out on how to fix the gibbing bug.

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Wow... just wow... I just soloed skycastle on my server and the Beargod of tundra gave only 90 exp!!! Wtf... And he really gives 90 exp since I was gaining 180 parry exp per parry...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Fixing...

Turn off the monsters' ability to parry, and your problem is solved.
While parry is a gimmick for lower end monsters, on the high end, it is their only defense against mass damage attacks (for instance those of the Dark Sword or Golden Axe), and the only thing that makes faster, lower damage attacks favorable. This will become more of an issue as more high end monsters are introduced, so either parry will have to be fixed, or the weapons will have to be fixed.

Picadilly

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
Runegahr does parry a lot. However, I didn't think anything was "broken". I just kind of figured that since he was such a bad-ass, his parry would be pretty high. :oldshock:

Wrath

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Not sure if someone posted this but the Thorn-Bow needs a super buff because the Heavy-Cross-Bow can over power it easily. :eek:

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thornbow increases the damage of every projectile to 175% percent right? Sounds like a lot (I don't have one yet).

Also:
Possible bug report
I've been trying to get a certain item in Wicard Oven for a while now. I had this item a long time ago, got it from Voldar's chest, back in the days when there weren't artifact chests yet. Traded it away, and now I want a new one. I haven't seen this item spawn in Voldar's chest in ages, and you actually said in a different thread that it only spawns in an artifact chest now. I've heard rumors in-game that an artifact chest might appear next to Voldar's chest (that would be the second artifact chest in Wicard Oven). Problem is (the possible bug), I've never seen this artifact chest appear. One person also told me that he once had the "An Artifact chest has spawned" prompt in Wicard Oven, but no artifact chest actually showed up. You probably know which item I'm talking about. Does Voldar have an artifact chest or is it broken (that would be the bug)?

Wrath

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I have both Thorn-Bow and Heavy-Cross-Bow and the Cross-Bow is alot stronger then the Thron-Bow. :?

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Given the fact that Runegahr has plenty of HP-absorbing attacks, I would not imagine him needing to be a parry whore ;)

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Ive got this problem with my Hoarfrost Shard. When I start MSC up, it lies, as it should, in the inventory. But When Im about to pick it up, it gets invisible sometimes. I can equip it somewhere between 0-5 times before it happens. And when I put it back into my inventory, it wont show up there either. It stays invisible until I restart the game.

When it happens, i get these messages in my console:
cl: Error (CLIENT): Error: CGenericItemMgr::NewGenericItem --> Copy script data from global item
cl: Error (CLIENT): ReadGenericItem --> Item doesn't exist and couldn't be created ID: 14921688 Script: XXXXXXXXXXX
cl: Error (CLIENT): __MsgFunc_Item() --> Got 'add item' msg but client couldn't create item
cl: Error (CLIENT): Error: __MsgFunc_Item --> Add

Ive tried re-downloading the mod and reinstalling it from both the full install and the dec-jan patch, but it doesnt help. All it seems to do is increase the number of times I can pick it up before it vanishes. Ive even tried replacing the model with the nova model, but I guess thats not the problem since it shows up sometimes.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It sounds like you have a character corruption of some sort coming on. Also sounds like one of those situations where I'd start emptying all my packs and seeing if anything in my inventory turns into something other than what it was - and if it does, consign the item to oblivion.

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
It sounds like you have a character corruption of some sort coming on. Also sounds like one of those situations where I'd start emptying all my packs and seeing if anything in my inventory turns into something other than what it was - and if it does, consign the item to oblivion.
I did a check. I went through all my items, throwing them on the ground and picking them up to make sure. When I came to my rune blade, is vanished, so I guess that was it. But I went through everything anyway. Then I restarted to see if it worked, only to find every single pack, except the spell book, empty, and one single rune blade sitting in my weapon strap. Got to get a rollback, I guess, and try to fix it again.