Bug Reports DEC2010a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Poisonous guardians seem to crash servers on Bloodrose with their poisonous gas attack.

(Please, no more gas/spore/cloud related attacks D:)

EDIT: Odd, I can't seem to replicate the crash that a lot of people have been getting from it.

EDIT#2: Somehow I got exp for killing Flesheater 15-16 times just by killing him once.

EDIT#3: The lightning crystal still does not get set off by lightning storm.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Made two runs on bloodrose earlier this week without issues. :/

Meh, just in case... I'll completely re-write the NPC poison/acid/spore cloud system into one, as simple as effing possible, script.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
No, I don't they could... Hrmmm... Kinda need to rework those elemental trigger things into something more susceptible. The fact that they are either inside, or directly on, a func_breakable, and not on the ground, does not help.

There's a horrifically deformed brush in the original Bloodrose source that makes me hesitant to do anything that'd require a recompile.

Travella

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hi Thothie or who ever reads this post :roll:
Have some buggs i want to report.
The first is the water bug all my friends seem to have it, happens all the time on oceancrossing sometimes the water is replaced by rope and sometimes by the climbing net to the masts,
and other texture bugs randomly happening (more often than previous patch).

Second i always have 1 to 3 half-life launcher crashes when i start the game.

Third the hud problem, when sometime all go hud go haywhire and sometimes only chat box does.

Ice Tyhoon if you charge it to throw with "attack + charge" button after you trown it and begin charging again it only shows a black charging bar.

And if you would kind to answer this questing does the Stormpharaoh's Lance spawn anywhere or is it bugged?
We have played the map where many mummies spawn and there is a Pharaoh as boss, with many players with high hp and some of us got pa lvl 30 and we have played it many times but no lance and sometimes we dont get any good stuff at all, seems bugged to me and for many others =/

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
A bug (I think): Runegahr's tornado sometimes seems to heal him o_O not exactly 100% sure on this one though.

And the Maldora thing... after four crashes during the Maldora fight in a row, I'm going to conclude that his death barrier is the most likely cause. First time it crashed a few moments after he pulled up his barrier, second time as well. The third time... I have no idea why it crashed then, didn't have him in sight as the server froze, and the fourth time (when I was actually soloing Maldora) the server crashed after Maldora pulled up his barrier and then summoned his boulders. Even solo he crashes servers.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
A bug (I think): Runegahr's tornado sometimes seems to heal him o_O not exactly 100% sure on this one though.
Maybe if Blood Drinker was in flight at the same time...

As for Maldora, IDK - I've stuck on a bunch of just-in-case precaches, but beyond that, no clue. I'll tweak the barrier script some, tis old.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
It looks like shad_palace is hard-crashing often with 5-8 players due to ED_Alloc:no free edicts errors.

Is the -num_edicts flag going to be fixed next patch?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
No. It was actually broken in the last patch too, it just shifted to more critical maps (namely, Edana). :\ I've not 'sparimented yet to find a happy medium -num_edicts setting that plays nice with all maps.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Would it be possible to set -num_edicts map by map?

EDIT: Is the default 900 + 15(max players - 1)?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Felewyn shard and lightning ring world models have their origin set above the model, so whenever you drop a Felewyn shard or lightning ring, it will appear to fall through the ground, but in fact it's still there, only not visible. Said items can still be picked up though, but it does cause some serious sh*tbrix effect.

OMG WHERE DID MY FSHARD GO
It's under the ground, relax. Take a deep breath.
OMG WHAT UNDER THE GROUND

foggyspider

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
It is possible with the Bag of Holding to carry more weight than your maximum capacity.
If you accidentally holster heavy weapons into another pack like a heavy backpack you can hit max weight.

If you have max weight and try to use a learned spell it will tell you that the spell will make your equipment too heavy.
If you attempt to use a scroll, it will crash the server instantly.

Also interestingly enough post-patch my servers rarely crash due to no free edicts. This has happened only once with 8 people in b_castle just idling around.

The rest of my crashes have been silent non-responding hard crashes. such as the crash at bloodrose in the silthar tunnels, lodagond-4, and shad palace crashes.
These hard crashes do not happen as often if ever on a listen server.

I also tried enabling the "developer" cvar on the dedicated server, but it did not output any additional information.
does this feature still work?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Also interestingly enough post-patch my servers rarely crash due to no free edicts. This has happened only once with 8 people in b_castle just idling around.
We shaved off a buttload of edicts and thinks in this patch.

I also tried enabling the "developer" cvar on the dedicated server, but it did not output any additional information.
does this feature still work?
No. The developer system adds a lot of overhead, as even when it is disabled, the messages still get parsed in the background, and those messages you see are but a fraction of the ones actually being processed.

Keldorn said:
Would it be possible to set -num_edicts map by map?

EDIT: Is the default 900 + 15(max players - 1)?
+/- some random amount as determined by the last Steam updates. >_>

It’s an HLDS flag, rather than a configurable server option, so not in any way that I can figure. Bloody thing is closed source, of course, so there’s no way to figure out where it’s doing that. I suppose you could write up some crazy tool that shuts down your server between maps and changes the flag based on the map in the crashed.cfg, but beyond that… Hrmm…

SilentDeath

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
In edana the mayor's quest is bugged, got 3 succesful replies and no letters also sometimes there is gold in the mayor's chest and it's icon is just white.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
If I have 105 parry and I parry an attack, should It say "you parry the attack (105 vs 54)"? because it always says "80 vs 54"

Drathamus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
FER said:
If I have 105 parry and I parry an attack, should It say "you parry the attack (105 vs 54)"? because it always says "80 vs 54"

I think that's just displaying the parry cap. I think 104 parry would be more than over kill, and make you pretty much invincible to melee. 80 parry would be showing you the maximum amount of parry you can have in the combat log.

That's just my thoughts of it, atleast =O Don't quite know.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
105 parry would be you parrying 105% of the time. As Drathamus said, 80 is the cap.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The parry calculation is a lot screwier than that, Awareness comes into it, Parry boosts the potential of the random roll... The total roll maxes out at 80, but if your Parry is over 80, you'll hit 80 a lot more often. Grab two shields of Urdual for a demonstration of just how sick that can get.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I grabbed an Ushield and a rune shield which got my parry to 150 and I wasnt that much invulnerable to the boar in edana (I parried 50% of attacks)

miko2386

New Adventurer
Reaction score
bear claws crash the game sometimes
it crashes when u change form bear form to human while in action(attacking)

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Still weird that I've only had this happen once. Either way, you can holster the clawz while transformed with no problems. Attacking I'm not so sure on. Shouldn't be able to holster any weapon during a swing. One thing to do would probably put at 1/2 second delay on holstering(if that's even possible, or worth fux0ring with the code to do so) after right click. Though it may be easier to figure out what's causing it to crash in the first place.

miko2386

New Adventurer
Reaction score
server crash when u take 25 blessed bolts from the chest of old_helena

Status
Not open for further replies.