Where to find a Torkalanth Blade?

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
Nice one J-M. I mean really, your cheating posts are more important than the person who is doing the most work for the mod. Who needs Thothie, really?

[/satire]

Thothie, don't quit just because he thinks that he has the right to post every last bit of information. In my opinion, that forum is worse than a cheat map, thus I would almost vote for blocking a certain STEAM_ID from FN. If J-M wants to be a dick and ruin the game for the rest of us by making it easier for everyone else, fine. But who says that you can't just ruin the game for him? ;-)

ManInBlack that is going over the top; banning/deleting J-M's character just because he helps out people in his Guild? I suppose if you ever help anybody out, in the slightest bit within your own Guild, your character should be wiped out & your steamID "blocked" as well?

People who aren't active in BoU and only join to be in it, probably aren't checking the forums too often and looking at that information. Even if they DO see it, who says they will know their way around the map; who's to say that they'll have a character CAPABLE or retrieving the items?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
Nice one J-M. I mean really, your cheating posts are more important than the person who is doing the most work for the mod.
Would you mind showing me those "cheating posts"? I can't find them.

And even if they would exist, on what do you base the fact that such "cheating posts" would be more important than Thothie?

The Man In Black said:
Thothie, don't quit just because he thinks that he has the right to post every last bit of information.
I couldn't choose from my replies on this, so here are all of them:
1) I don't want Thothie to quit.
2) I certainly do think I have the right to post "every last bit of information". I call it freedom of speech.
3) However, I do not know "every last bit of information". I am still clueless as to where I can (currently) find the fire wall scroll, for example.

The Man In Black said:
In my opinion, that forum is worse than a cheat map, thus I would almost vote for blocking a certain STEAM_ID from FN.
If I were a person who couldn't hold his cool in a situation like this, I would say something along the lines of:
"YOU ****ING MORON! YOU HAVE NEVER EVEN SEEN THE BLADES OF URDUAL SUBFORUM! WE ARE SIMPLY POSTING INFORMATION ON ITEM LOCATIONS. THAT IS NOT CHEATING, UNLESS YOUR DEFINITION OF CHEATING IS RETARDED. KURONEKO CAN ****ING CHECK THIS FOR YOU AND VERIFY THAT THERE ARE NO CHEATING ACTIVITIES IN THE BLADES OF URDUAL SUBFORUM!"
Fortunately, I do know that I should just remain cool. So I'm ignoring this pathetic comment of yours.

The Man In Black said:
If J-M wants to be a dick and ruin the game for the rest of us by making it easier for everyone else, fine.
Oh man. Today I refused to give spoilers to four people in-game. Just so you know (I am responding to the "everyone else" comment).

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
You might notice that key word in there: almost. As in I wouldn't do it, but I'm close. And there's a difference between "Rumors are of a powerful wizard who has written some of the most powerful spells in tomes and scrolls" and "Farm Keledros, he'll drop: ..."

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I think MiB is just really pissy towards BoU members today in general; he was calling me an asshole because I freaked out when somebody (aka MiB himself) blocked the Blacksmith from getting into the center of the volcano spot on Calruin2... of course I was swearing a lot & freaking out for a good deal of time... not just towards MiB but towards the other players too...

I woke up feeling pretty shitty this morning :(

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
...I called you an asshole BECAUSE you freaked out and such. It's hard to tell that INCH that he was on the wall, excuse me. Maybe people should say "step back" before pressing the button.

As for the "pissy at all BoU" comment, no. I just don't like certain members of BoU, AKA J-M and Netrogor. I have no problem with the others, as far as I know, and I'm willing to help out people ingame, but I'm not a strategy guide. I don't just tell everyone where everything is. This is an adventure game, people should go have adventures.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
...I called you an asshole BECAUSE you freaked out and such. It's hard to tell that INCH that he was on the wall, excuse me. Maybe people should say "step back" before pressing the button.

Before the button was pressed on Garonhroth (or somesuch, the Blacksmith) I had been capslocking everything telling you to back up MiB :D

And, I already mentioned in my above post that you called me an asshole because I freaked out; nice repeating what I say, you are an exp0rt-parr0rt :D

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
cliche, but it will fit here, "arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, no matter who wins you're all retards" or something to that effect. I've asked for location on my lan char, my FN char can't get to said items, even if I could it would take hours for a just a few runs, given he's just 11 right now, there would still be plenty of deterrent at level 15-20. I don't care what item who has, all I care is that seeing it on someone else is validation that it exists, and that makes me want to seek it out. Thothie knows what he's doing well enough to make people work, but he expects that work to involved the 3-7 hours it takes to locate where said item would drop. Given that they were told such information cuts out 7 hours of gameplay he's ochestrated PER ITEM PER PLAYER. Yeah, I'd be upset too. Point is, teasers, good, x/y co-ords, not so great. And side note, caps lock, name calling, argument over content (especially with a dev), is even less than not so great. I love this game, I'd like to love it's community too.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Even dismissing the uselessness of the items (that did not become useful until 5 months later) yer still saying 50%/one of three is better than 75%/one of seven.
I had no idea Keledros actually dropped one out of seven spells in the current version. Last time I checked he dropped one out of three spells. This seriously is a surprise to me. I'll find out what he drops, and based on which spells (read: how good) these are, I'll come forth with another argument.

Thothie said:
So, yer saying that was right? That he should drop 5000gp, because the economy isn't wrecked enough or something?
I didn't say he should drop 5000 gold again, as he did before. I'm just saying the game was a whole lot easier when he dropped that amount.

Thothie said:
Yer still cheating, and what's worse, you're still helping others to cheat. I've seen votemap ww3d on your server.
People have been map warping to ww3d ever since they knew you could get [censored] in that map. However, I'll remove ww2b, ww3d, highlands_msc, lostcastle_msc, orcplace2_beta and skycastle from my mapvote list. Problem solved.

Thothie said:
Your 'hidden' forum is no more hidden than your 98 cheat maps. More than half the MSC community belongs to your guild.
You can't download those cheatmaps anymore, so I guess these 98 cheatmaps are indeed seriously hidden (read: gone). And if I removed all the inactive people from my guild, I'd have about fifteen people left. I don't think that's more than half of the MS: C community.

Thothie said:
Most often, people will aways keep playing this sort of game until they feel they are on top of it. So long as there's someone who has something that they want, that they don't have, they keep hacking at it. You tell them where everything is, and that severely shortens the time it takes to finish the game, and takes away half the motivation they have had to go seek out other players and interact on-line.
If people really want to search for themselves, they wouldn't go to the item topic.

Thothie said:
Exactly why I said wouldn't bother, I know you'd just put your **** up somewhere else.
My legal ****.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
It is really simple here:
A) J-M Does Not Cheat
B) J-M Does Not Provide Access To Cheats, You Must Find Cheat Maps Through Google, Which Anybody Can Do
C) Removing Votemap To All Critical Maps With Good Items Could Help; But Certain Transitions Will Only Fit Like Three-Or-Four People In Them; Like Calruin2, So Those Should Be Votemap-able.

Enjoy the capital letters on each and every word :D

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If people really want to search for themselves, they wouldn't go to the item topic.

If people didn't want to cheat, they wouldn't download art-money. People take the easy way out, even if it's not for their own good, tis human nature. You're just providing the drugs. ;) This is even more true, of course, when it lets them be more bad-ass than the people around them quicker. Guide to all the items in the game and artmoney are the same thing, only difference is in how much an advatage they give you how much more quickly they bring you to finishing the game. Pot vs. Crack as it were.

I dunno though, from what you've been saying, your thread maybe no more accurate than the general rumor mill. It'd just be nice if most people would have to go through the general rumor mill. (Still convinced BOU makes up > half the pop)

Netrog: Problem with people to warping to ww3d and the like, is that it makes much more sense to warp to that map, grab the item that makes it much easier to take out the rest of the series, and then go back for the XP. Similarly with Skycastle, the reward at the end is balanced to assume you killed a hell of a lot more stuff than just what's on that map. It destroys the concept of Gauntlet Series maps. (Similarly with Keledorsruins, where I just got sick of people being on that map, without actually knowing how to get to it). The rest of the maps are basically open, so I dun mind warping between them so much - the treasure on them is balanced out in a way that assumes you had to kill what was near the chest. I expect the occasional cheat server, but I was depending on our regular server hosts understanding this.

In any case, I've added a Gauntlet Map flag to deal with that issue in December, and allow people to make gauntlet style map series again (no keys required, but can always be done as additional security). I'm still debating on weather or not to shuffle all the treasure in the world randomly, but I'll take some time out from coding to work the script up for it, at least.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
elfstone222 said:
cliche, but it will fit here, "arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, no matter who wins you're all retards" or something to that effect. I've asked for location on my lan char, my FN char can't get to said items, even if I could it would take hours for a just a few runs, given he's just 11 right now, there would still be plenty of deterrent at level 15-20. I don't care what item who has, all I care is that seeing it on someone else is validation that it exists, and that makes me want to seek it out. Thothie knows what he's doing well enough to make people work, but he expects that work to involved the 3-7 hours it takes to locate where said item would drop. Given that they were told such information cuts out 7 hours of gameplay he's ochestrated PER ITEM PER PLAYER. Yeah, I'd be upset too. Point is, teasers, good, x/y co-ords, not so great. And side note, caps lock, name calling, argument over content (especially with a dev), is even less than not so great. I love this game, I'd like to love it's community too.

Why would you mention insulting a dev?? ManInBlack isn't a DEV, and I never capslocked any insults towards him :D

I capslocked ORDERS towards him to get away from the center of the volcano pit for the blacksmith on calruin2!! HAHAHAH! You misread something big elfstone :)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Once again, Netrogor, those "orders" never showed on my screen. Either that or they disappeared before I could see them. I tend not to pay attention to things like that in combat.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I misread nothing, there's an absence of names in my post for a reson. You just giggled at your own folley.

Iselore

New Adventurer
Reaction score
A char and item location reset at the end of all the patches if possible should solve everything. ^_^ I always wanted a char reset last time cos I didn't play for months and everyone got all the cool stuff so easily.

Raptor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Even I wouldn't mind a character reset... It'd create a "level-race", move the locations of every single rare item (or rather, re-arrange them) so people have no idea where anything is again. Except maybe the high-level spells from keledros, calrian's mace, raven mace etc., not much you can do with those.

It's pretty much general knowledge where you get those items nowadays, but I still don't know where to get things like the dark maul, torkalanth blade (which I've never even seen), great axe, greater ice blade... The list goes on and on.

SKULLBLADES ARE FROM OLOF ODLAREN IN THORNLANDS LOL

Attachments

• dungeoncrawl_b31.rar
    14 MB · Views: 2

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
elfstone222 said:
I misread nothing, there's an absence of names in my post for a reson. You just giggled at your own folley.
MiB and myself mentioned our arguement and my use of capslocking letters, then you mentioned capslocking letters. Either you were simply wasting text space by copying what had been mentioned, or you'd been posting something that entirely concerned me directly :D

The Man In Black said:
Once again, Netrogor, those "orders" never showed on my screen. Either that or they disappeared before I could see them. I tend not to pay attention to things like that in combat.
How can you be so busy under MSC combat conditions :oldshock: You simply hold the mouse button down and look at your health once every minute or so when fighting a boss, not too much effort there to side-track you from chat :D

Iselore said:
A char and item location reset at the end of all the patches if possible should solve everything. ^_^ I always wanted a char reset last time cos I didn't play for months and everyone got all the cool stuff so easily.
Woah there bessy!! Hold your horses now, how'd we approach the subject of a character reset? Although it could give us all motivation once more, that is going over the top!! I mean, here's the perfect example of what you're saying; you join World of Warcraft, you notice there are a bunch of level sixty players while you are just barely passing level four, you decide it is unfair and a character reset should happen. Is it reasonable to ask that? HELL NO!!!

Just because there are a bunch of people who are already setup with good items & powerful characters while you're stuck with whatever it is that you have, doesn't mean everyone should lose everything just so you'll have a fair head-start with all of them!! In-fact, you have it BETTER with all of us already equipped & all that, since the players who've already leveled up & that such lend you a helping hand and GREATLY increase the speed by which you gain levels.

Hell, I've probably helped twenty noobs in since August when it comes to buying them scimitars, shields, bows, arrows, quivers, armor, and packs on Edana!!! I've misplaced about 20k gold in buying weaker players items and helping them gain levels....

Reset chars = can't help others out, except Guildies, since you'll have to whore to yourselves to regain power.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I didn't say I was busy, I just don't watch it. I watch my hp/mana, damage being done, and the monster. Usually I dance around them for fun >_>

Attachments

• dungeoncrawl_b32.rar
    2.1 MB · Views: 1

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Show off... having a level so much higher than mine and like two-hundred more hitpoints!! In the event that I ever get a character that strong... I will be happy (meaning like a level 35+ character, preferrably 40+ someday).

marksman0401

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Woah there bessy!! Hold your horses now, how'd we approach the subject of a character reset? Although it could give us all motivation once more, that is going over the top!! I mean, here's the perfect example of what you're saying; you join World of Warcraft, you notice there are a bunch of level sixty players while you are just barely passing level four, you decide it is unfair and a character reset should happen. Is it reasonable to ask that? HELL NO!!!
what he said... 2 options from Iselore's point of view...

1. :( boo im sad because I'm a low level, lets reset all the characters so that the playing field is even... since I don't have much to lose...
You selfish lil' bas... think of people who have spent MONTHS on this game to get to their level. All the high level players (Im sorry if Im being general) are probably less excited about a reset because that would mean all the time they spent on the game would be wasted just too help out the low level noobs become the same level.... zero....

2. :( boo im sad because I'm a low level, maybe I should spend time on this game and get to know some of the players, do some quests, and raise levels so I can become as strong as the high level players... or I can quit right now and search for a new forum as my home since I don't want to spend hours playing a game...

GG

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
No, character, reset, ever.

At least not until Source. ;)

If I come across a bug fix/enhancement that requires a character reset, said fix/enhancement simply wont hapen.

Although if someone else winds up taking over the project from me, I can't make the same promise.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Why not use both ways that I've suggested to update chars? I still don't remember hearing anything that would stop them from working...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I've, somewhat deliberately, not looked into the character encryption code yet. Hopefully it doesnt come up... (cross fingers)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah, but the divider code for joining a server, I think that would work without a lot of looking into it. I've avoided going there myself because you said not to, but I dun think it would take much...

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Yay for Thothie; character reset from MS-1.35 to MSC was bad enough on many of us... but that one was actually required (since MS.135 characters were Artmoney'd straight to hell).

ITS'aME'aMARIO!!!!

New Adventurer
Reaction score
bah, i say to solve this rare item craze we just make rare items so rare that the harder you try to find them the lesser chance you have... make people use the crappy equips from krythos and other smiths for once...

tch... when mastersword continued FINAL is released we should just have a character wipe and all rares are made near impossible to find so it will actually mean something monumental when a rare actually is found...