Where to find a Torkalanth Blade?

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Kokris666 said:
Are there any places to find the Torkalanth Blade, Other than highlands?

I am with J-M; why would we tell everyone our Guild Secrets?? They are private for us alone to abuse :)

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
yes..."guild secrets"...nearly everyone in the game is or could be in your guild...and anyone can go to your forums, so i see no point in this "guild secrets" -.-;;

anyways, orcs have been known to horde thier findings in thier hideouts...perhaps you should start there...

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
anyways, orcs have been known to horde thier findings in thier hideouts...perhaps you should start there...

Haha squirrel; nice way to mislead'em :)
I won't correct you though (since I assume tork-blade spawns same place my older brother, Jabba, found the High Elven Blade; which seconds only to the tork-blade)..... can't have EVERYONE getting such awesome items, now can we? :D

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
yes..."guild secrets"...nearly everyone in the game is or could be in your guild...and anyone can go to your forums, so i see no point in this "guild secrets" -.-;;
Only people in the "Blades of Urdual" usergroup can see the Blades of Urdual forum. You are not in that usergroup, so you can't see it.
bladesforum.gif

Also, did you know that the Torkalath blade can now be found in the Highlands, before you read this topic?

Having said that, I (and all other Blades who visit the hidden BoU forum) know the two locations where to find fire gauntlets.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
That's right on the spot, that is right there J-M :D

BoU Guildies know where everything is... we also know everything about fellow players, even down to the last female beer-bellied MSC NPC that you touched!!! (and *she* looked like a he! especially down below!)

haha, ripping on the ugly NPCs!

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
yes, i did know about highlands before this thread :roll:

anyways, i'd forgotten about your little sub-forum, and thought you were using a forum on your freewebs site.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Except from those 48 members who make up more than half the MS:C population. ;)

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Yea, at most twenty! Sheesh, the majority of those forty-eight disappeared from the online-activity world the day they were recruited...

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
How is the location of Tork blade secret? Who really wouldn't think "Torkalath temple....I wonder if THE BLADE IS IN THERE GASP!"

And I've found the fire gaunts without your help and am willing to help people out INGAME to find them ;-)

Crazy....It's almost as if I'm NOT a terrible person :O

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
MiB... SHH! You ARE a terrible person, just for posting that you have showed yourself as PURE EVIL!!! So.. shh :oldlol:

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
i'm willing to drop rare items in a pit in front of you, then send you on a misguided quest to get them back ;)

Raptor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Player A joins BoU.

Looks at thread, copies/pastes every single item location to a convenient text file on his desktop.

Tells everyone on the forums or in-game the location of every single "rare" item in the game.

2 days later, his steam account is permanently banned from all FN servers and people with "rare" items are as hard to find as a dull shortsword on a particular vendor in edana.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
its too bad that there aren't more (active) mappers...if there were, perhaps thothie could give them some assignments so that there could be some truely rare items, not just good items that are somewhat hard to find...items that you might be lucky to get one of, that people aren't going to give out when they get an extra 3 from farming...

Raptor

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I've actually started a swamp map a while ago, but I just don't have any real motivation to finish it... I've done the spawn area from, this is only what I want it to be of course, thornlands to said swamp... It wouldn't really be a map worthy of containing anything of real value, unless it was, say, connected to a cave or something (which I might plan on doing if I ever even finish the map in the first place). But yeah, I'll finish it if someone gives me a reason to :wink:

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Raptor said:
Player A joins BoU.

Looks at thread, copies/pastes every single item location to a convenient text file on his desktop.

Tells everyone on the forums or in-game the location of every single "rare" item in the game.
Really? Where?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
its too bad that there aren't more (active) mappers...if there were, perhaps thothie could give them some assignments so that there could be some truely rare items, not just good items that are somewhat hard to find...items that you might be lucky to get one of, that people aren't going to give out when they get an extra 3 from farming...

It discourages mappers in the extreme, as they know no matter how well they hide their stuff, the first BOU member that finds it will tell the rest where it is (and odds are the first person to find it, will be BOU).

You can arrange quests, that force players to go to several maps to get a key to open a door and the like, but even then, some people enable map warping on their servers, which kills that. Although, I've got something in the next patch to give mappers options to work around that.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
It discourages mappers in the extreme, as they know no matter how well they hide their stuff, the first BOU member that finds it will tell the rest where it is (and odds are the first person to find it, will be BOU).
Seriously dude, most people share information about items in-game. Us Blades just also do it on our hidden forum. What's the big deal? It's not only us.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Usually you have to join up and talk to some other folks in game to find things. This is good, as it improves client flow (ie. if you want to learn something, you gotta go onto a public server).

BoU forum kills that advantage completely. Just have to stay on-line long enough to join BoU, and you got the complete game guide.

Iselore

New Adventurer
Reaction score
But it kind of evens out the unfair advantage between players if you joined in say June, which you would easily get some rares and now which is harder.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
how exactly does telling everyone who wants to join exactly where every rare item in the game can be found "even things out", even when they were easy to find when they came out...you still had to FIND them...not just go claim them...