Orochi's Model Pack

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
In order to avoid redundant threads, I will be posting all my updates here in this thread. Updates will be added as I finish the models.

Fixed Commoners - Latest Update: September 30th, 2006
- This model pack fixes the misaligned faces on the human male and female commoners, as well as fixing the body type of the female commoners. Extract to your msc/models/npc folder.
http://www.thothie.com/public/orochi/human1.rar

View/Other Model Pack - Latest Update: September 16, 2006
- This model pack adds the new MS:C sleeved arms to the MS1.35-era viewmodels. Extract to your msc/models folder. Note that this version is newer than the one currently on Thothie's MS page.
http://www.thothie.com/public/orochi/weapons.rar
Credits to the MS and MS:C teams for the base models, Cerieux for the Iceblade texture. This pack currently fixes:
- Katana
- Scimitar
- Skullblade
- Iceblade
- Shortsword
- Dwarven Axe
- Rune Axe (Currently Unused)
- Small Axe
- Rusty Axe
- Weaponsmith Axe (Now the model for the one-handed axe)
- Rudolf's Mace
- Calrain's Mace
- Base Mace (Used for several maces)
- Tree Bow
- Orc Bow
- Shortbow
- Worn Hammer
- Hammer
- Elven Bow
- Lanethan's Bow (Currently Unused)
- Orion Sword (Currently Unused)
- Crystal Sword (Currently Unused)
- Khopesh Blade (Currently Unused)
- Dark Khopesh Blade (Currently Unused)
- Bastard Sword (Formerly Lost Blade model, now serves as new sword)
- Gold Dagger (Currently Unused)
- Glass Dagger (Currently Unused)
- Iron Shield
- Buckler (Fixed)
- Rune Shield
- Crossbow
- Pickaxe (Currently Unused)
- Viewable Paper (Currently Unused)
- Fullscreen Paper (Currently Unused, covers your entire view)

[Side Note: Many of the models listed as Currently Unused will be used in later versions of MS:C]

Update: This fixes the P_models of the Bastard Sword and Scimitar not displaying correctly. The Scimitar now appears in the proper hand, as does the Bastard Sword.

Update Sept. 10, 2006: We have the Crossbow! Thothie will be testing it eventually, and implementation will follow soon, hopefully!

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Don't worry guys, 2-handers like mauls and the battleaxe/scythe are coming soon. In the meantime, I've updated with the three mace types.

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
New models! The Tree, Orc, and Shortbows, as well as the Hammer, and Worn Hammer!

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
They're the old models given new arms.

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
pictures?

I dont feel like trying to find and installing jeds model viewer. :roll:

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
There's like, 15+ models....and I don't feel like uploading pics, got too much to do already. Could someone else please upload pics for me?

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
More fixes added, the Rune Shield, Iron Shield, Lanethan's Bow, Orion Sword, Crystal Sword, Khopesh Blade, Dark Khopesh Blade, Lost Blade, Gold Dagger, Glass Dagger, and the soon-to-be-used Buckler!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
By "yet to be used" he means the script has to be altered to use the view model (I mean Jester's been using the Buckler longer than Orochi's been alive.) Be a bit before I get to that, as I'm still hammering out issues with the AI. (As anyone unfortate enough to play on the beta server knows.)

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
i never knew there was a glass dagger o_O matter of fact i never knew most of those weapons existed ...

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Small update, just fixed the one-handed axe so it is actually one handed.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
this model pack is really cool:)
keep up the good work

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
As long as Orochi makes awesome models; MSC will have a part of satisfaction that not even a character deletion error could remove happiness! I mention that old error because apparently Server Side characters auto-delete themselves on Verizon Wireless Broadband/Internet connection use (I tested this on my dad's laptop).

EDIT: Damn, again right after initial post; I got to stop forgetting these last tid-bits of information spilling from my inner-guts!

It could also just be his laptop and that MSC hates it. I notice that I have sucky ping with download speeds of up to 15-20 KB/s, I remember on an old 56K modem back in like 1999 or 1998 with download speeds of like 1 KB/s I got better pings on Half-Life. What has Steam done to the network coding!?
EX: Verizon Wireless Average Good Ping = 500-1500 STEAM
56K Modem back in 98-99 years = 200-450 OLD HALF-LIFE

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Small update: This adds the old MS 1.35 2-handed club hand models, and the new bastard sword models. Old-schoolers will recoginze the sword as the old Lostblade model. The file "lostblade_rview.mdl" is now changed to "bastardsword_rview.mdl", so if you have the older version of this pack, then just rename the lostblade model to "bastardsword_rview.mdl".
The club hand models are there because the club ingame is 2-handed, but the models currently in players' hands are not designed for 2 hands.

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Oh yeah! I'm back, and got a small update that fixes the p_models for the Bastard Sword and Scimitar.

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Crossbow model is finished! I know it's just one from Vampire Slayer, but Thothie wanted me to use this one, so I did.

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Orochi said:
Crossbow model is finished! I know it's just one from Vampire Slayer, but Thothie wanted me to use this one, so I did.

I love you!