Status
Not open for further replies.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Think I recall entering the map late and folks saying "Troll door stuck" - but never had it happen while I was there, and just the once while I wasn't. Never got any reports, so didn't make it to my task list.

I'm still uncertain how I'm going to fix it without drastically altering the encounter or letting it open before all the potential trolls are dead though...

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
How about this:
All battle trolls are now on the same ms_monsterspawn ("spawn_door_guards"), but how about you put them all on a separate one, like "spawn_door_guards1" through "spawn_door_guards6".
Then, have the trigger_once that now targets "spawn_door_guards" trigger a multi_manager instead, which triggers all six monster spawners. If one of the HP requirements isn't met, one or more battle trolls won't spawn, but because they're on separate monster spawners it shouldn't break anything.
Have all six battle trolls target the door upon death and it should be fixed... Sort of; big downside with this method though is that you only need to kill one, regardless of how many spawn, and the door will open.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
So...
Thothie said:
or letting it open before all the potential trolls are dead though...
Yeah. blarg.

Best solution would probably be to make multiple trigger_once's, each with decreasing HP requirement as you entered the room, that locked or killtargeted all the remaining brushes, each pointing at a different monster spawners with a differing number of trolls, according to HP req.

Only bugger with that is that I'd actually have to recompile, plus it'd be a bit messy... Though could use a scriptevent and let the gm choose which set to spawn - then no need for a recompile.

Seems I came across something like this before, and found a more satisfactory solution - but canna recall what I did... Something about different counters with different hp requirements, or something.

Other solution would be code side - locking what HP the mob "thinks" is present, when the spawner is first triggered, rather than checking it when it spawns... Or, you know, just fixing the FireAllPerish bug that's been plaguing us since the first day this mod was released, and had everyone b*tching about how the Thornlands spider only spawned right once in a blue moon, until I ripented the map on the old developer team's behalf and switched it to a counter. (And yet we've never bothered to fix the boar boss sequence in Edana, suffering from the same bug, in all the time since.)

[ITT: Thothie b*tches at himself.]

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Idunno if this would fix, but could you make them spawn sequentially... and have it unlock once the last one is killed? :?

Edit: Or rather have a group of them spawn, and once they all die have one last one spawn... that unlocks the door... and rolls a marble down a ruler that disengages a mouse-trap, and have that fling a die into a domino...

Old Moose

New Adventurer
Reaction score
this might just be a really dumb one... but is the Titan from Thanatos supposed to pick players up and have them bounce from his hand and slam against the ground at break-neck speeds taking spammed 10 fall damage before he makes the foolish decision of releasing the player?

It has happened in two separate runs now.

it makes old moose dizzy :oldcry:

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Old Moose said:
this might just be a really dumb one... but is the Titan from Thanatos supposed to pick players up and have them bounce from his hand and slam against the ground at break-neck speeds taking spammed 10 fall damage before he makes the foolish decision of releasing the player?

It has happened in two separate runs now.

it makes old moose dizzy :oldcry:
Yes

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I accidentally broke lodagond-4 blue room when I joined FoxMan and Shiro. One of those shadow forms has reqhp 2400 and it never could've spawned with only FoxMan and Shiro in-game, but it could have spawned had I joined earlier.

Anyway, leaving and rejoining fixed it, surprisingly.

Maybe this is a temporary fix for orc_for too...?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Shouldn't happen that way, but meh... I'm stuck on some exploits, and it'll take me a bit to get back around and look at the code side of things for ms_monsterspawn's hp requirements.

I also need to test MiB's book thing before he loses all interest....

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Because I have enough free time to lose interest in anything

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Apparently the loot at the goblin boss at the underpath magically spawned while the boss was still alive, triggering the message, music and opening the gate. When the boss was finally killed, the gate closed. I have NO idea how this is even remotely possible but I have screenshots.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
IIRC, there's two conditions that can set off the gobbie boss (kill X# lieutenants, or kill x# of anything) - may not be anything to prevent both from happening - though, I'm not entirely sure why there are two...

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Thothie said:
IIRC, there's two conditions that can set off the gobbie boss (kill X# lieutenants, or kill x# of anything) - may not be anything to prevent both from happening - though, I'm not entirely sure why there are two...
That's actually working fine. What I was trying to say was the reward spawned without actually killing the boss. As far as I remember, the only condition to trigger the treasure chests, as well as the message and the opening of the gate, is to kill the boss so I have no clue how they could have spawned while he was still alive.

For some reason my screenshots of this wont upload, however.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'd start checking the entity report for things that could trigger the spawner then. Only thought I had is that maybe the gobbie chief showed up twice - if you're sure that isn't the case then... :\

Hush 2.0

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Its almost not worth to mention, but:
The piano player at nash somehow forgot how to play the "urdual song".

Jonzay

Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Not sure if this is intentional, but its been a behaviour of the weapon for years:

The Ice Bow fails to give its cold resistance the first time you draw it on a map. It will give the resistance, then instantly take it away. Subsequent uses (even after death) are fine.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hush 2.0 said:
Its almost not worth to mention, but:
The piano player at nash somehow forgot how to play the "urdual song".
Emergency patch teim!
(Will check it...)

Jonzay said:
Not sure if this is intentional, but its been a behaviour of the weapon for years:

The Ice Bow fails to give its cold resistance the first time you draw it on a map. It will give the resistance, then instantly take it away. Subsequent uses (even after death) are fine.
Not intentional - odd though. Meh, maybe time to move the elemental resist system to scriptflags as I intended to do ages ago. Suppose it wouldn't be *that* hard, it's already centralized and all.

Jonzay

Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
On tundra, the server will occasionally crash immediately after beating Nanuk the Frozen (http://i.imgur.com/RpbyhwN.jpg shows the exact moment the server freezes, you can't move and you are thrown out shortly afterwards). Although it states you get the XP for killing the boss, you do not.

What is odd is that you can pretty much immediately go to the console and type 'retry' and get back into the server, still on the same level, except the level has completely reset.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Any issues for the Bear Gods in Skycastle?

Dun think the one in Tundra is doing anything differently, but I'll check it over. Script's not been touched in ages.

Returning to the same map after crashing should be default server behavior for a correctly configured HLDS.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Any issues for the Bear Gods in Skycastle?

Dun think the one in Tundra is doing anything differently, but I'll check it over. Script's not been touched in ages.

Returning to the same map after crashing should be default server behavior for a correctly configured HLDS.
Yes I think I've reported that bear gods has crashed several times after killing the boss.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Added.

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Trombone and I joined three guys in orc_for and accidentally broke the door behind the battle trolls. The three guys left, Trombone and I stayed. A bit later though (not sure when), the door decided to open anyway. Noone else joined in the meantime, neither of us left, and there weren't any stray battle trolls left. I've never seen the door open after (supposedly) breaking so I figured I'd make a post about it. Maybe it can help you fix the problem.

Another bug: Individualized merchants (such as time wizard and the Shadahar alchemist) and some other merchants (pretty much everyone in sorc_villa friendly) will break, guaranteed, if two or more people +use them at the same time.

And here are some other bugs:
  • One of the three final chests in skycastle is worlditems/treasurechest. Intentional? I thought this was a generic placeholder chest, hence the question.
  • One time, the undead orcs at the start of the_wall2 didn't actually look undead. Rare bug though, only seen this happen once.
  • Orcs (normal or undead) in mscave still do this quite often.
  • Here's a very strange one: The instant an ice bone warrior (the slow guys with the swords) fires a frost bolt, you're pulled out of rejuvenation, should you be casting that. The ice bone warrior doesn't even need to be near you (hell, he can be all across the map) and he doesn't even need to hit you. He just yanks you out of your rejuvenation cast the instant he fires a frost bolt. Freak bug discovered by Old Moose.
  • In shender_east, if you go from less than 2000 HP to more than 2000 HP (by means of someone joining) or vice-versa (by means of someone leaving), the crystal spider part will break. It's similar to the orc_for door thing.
  • I also had a fallen knight tripping balls in lostcastle_msc the other day (see the Event HUD) but I'm pretty sure whatever happened was related to severe lag at the time.
  • Dwarven zombie corruptors (tundra) still hit you for out-of-this-world-insane poison d.o.t.
  • One of Slithar's treasure chests stole Slithar's poison d.o.t. (after Slithar died) and tried to kill me.
  • ...but I took revenge by having my acid plate poison the statue in front of Venevus' chamber.
  • Kind of vague description here, but it's again related to the # of HP in-game (or not). In the hunderswamp_north cave system, both abominations seem to have the ability to open the vine door thing that blocks the entrance to the cave. However, seeing as how that door is a func_wall_toggle, you might get locked inside. I'd like to be less vague but I've only seen this happen once.
  • For some reason, lostcastle_msc is identified as challs.
  • The ending of old_helena still has a high propensity for crashing. Is there something you can do about this?
  • Here's some ancient aleyesu bug (see the NPC dialogue).
  • Kickvote doesn't seem to work.
  • Sometimes, in bloodrose, one or two stone skeletons spawn before you even reach the statue.
  • And this one time in lodagond-1, all stone skeletons awoke simultaneously (possibly due to lag, but it's a rare freak bug so probably not important).
  • Sometimes the titan in thanatos spawns one of his scorpion friends above the arena, stuck in the skybox.
  • In the foutpost cave, a part of the cave floor is sloped. If you kill the warboss when he's standing on this slope, his head will spawn under the slopen and fall out of the map.

Also, in reply to that Nanuk the Frozen thing from a few posts earlier: I've noticed that if you kill him really fast (this isn't hard to do for high-levels), the server will most likely crash. If you take your time though, you should be fine. Delaying the fight by a minute or so should do it.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Could see where a HP change might cause that, given the existing bug. Dunno about fixing the code side bit of that, but setup an alternate method. Granted, a certain someone, had another solution, that I may yet go with, but ya won't like, as it'll mean getting a key from one of the other chests.

Jonzay

Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Also, in reply to that Nanuk the Frozen thing from a few posts earlier: I've noticed that if you kill him really fast (this isn't hard to do for high-levels), the server will most likely crash. If you take your time though, you should be fine. Delaying the fight by a minute or so should do it.

I've found the opposite, actually. If I take my time and whittle him down (Hooray for training Fire Spells) then it crashes significantly more often than if I just smoosh him with my bearclaws/bludgeon.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
I seemed to have fixed the problem (somewhat) with bear gods by killing the guardians first... may just be a placebo though.

Status
Not open for further replies.