New Dread Scythe model

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, Gaz, texture is going to be a problem, as I have said the only texture available is the reference itself. I don't think Namco is going to give me a reference sheet if I ask nicely. I lost a lot of the detail when I had to save the picture as a 256-color .bmp.

Also, since I use MS3d, I am unable to unwrap it. If you could tell me how, it would be appreciated.
And as for the polycount, I've seen worse.

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Bah, I just need something that will unwrap it. I'm sure there are programs that do that.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It's a lovely model. I'm not happy that you spent so much time on it, but tis a lovely model. ;)

BTW - in your model consolidation, did you play with the params on the compiler? Like -g max_sequencegroup_size(K) ? Suppose I'll find out for myself when I get the chance to screw with it.

And yeah, I already went over the level restrictions for apostles. I wouldn't worry too much about poly counts on Apostle Weapons. By the time we get around to those, everyone will be on 7900GT's or better. :p

I'll find another use for the current Dread Scythe model, or, more likely, just rename the apostle weapons.

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
They're already renamed. Compare spritenames for the old MS and MS:C.
640_lanbow and 640_landsword are the old ones, now they're 640_orionbow and 640_orionsword. Dreadscythe is still the same. But yeah, maybe we should make them imitations of apostle weapons or something. I can whip up some sprites for non-uber versions of the weapons. Just gotta take the rainbow "god-weapon" border off them.
Perhaps you could name the Apostle versions Dreadscythe, Asderal Blade, and Lanethan's Bow or something, and the generic versions Orion Sword, Orion Bow, and Death-Scythe. I'd really rather you use this for the Apostle version, though....maybe we could use another scythe for it? I'm still not finished putting everything you need in p_weapons2.mdl.

(BTW, Asderal Blade is from Lanethan's novella, it's the sword Lanethan uses, so I assumed that is what it's true name is.)

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I think the texture of your scythe is ok, but could you tell me the name it had in soul calibur 3?
This scythe truly deserves to be an apostle weapon

Orochi

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Irkalla. It's Abyss' weapon, named after the Sumerian underworld.