Status
Not open for further replies.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
:?: = unconfirmed or not reproduced, :oldangry: = No clue, :arrow: = Working on it, :idea: = fixed next release

Known issues

:arrow: Starting an HLDS or listenserver with the -num_edicts flag higher than 1500 may lead to crashes on some maps.
- 1500 is now the default for clients. Servers should set their -num_edicts flags to 1500 as well, via the command line.

Major
:arrow: Very rarely, when multiple players transition between maps, all connected characters will be reset to level 0 and have their inventory wiped. (If this happens, request a rollback - it will not be counted against your monthly limit, if it is confirmed to be this issue.)
- May or may not be related to the quicker reconnect speeds under this patch.

Minor
:idea: Valve broke nightmare_thornlands
- Workaround available yonder: http://www.thothie.com/msc_dev4/nightma ... verfix.zip
:idea: Sometimes scaled mobs have incredible hit range (eg. the scaled down Stone Spider on Underpath)
- ...and sometimes they can't hit you at all...
:idea: Lich Tongue can get its script name cut off and corrupt bank
:idea: Fire aura sound looping
:idea: Sylphiel will sometimes refuse to speak to you, if you give her a quest item BEFORE you begin her quest.
- Restarting the map, via votemap or what not, will fix her up.
:arrow: First client side arrow fired on each map may drop limply to the floor, like a disgusting wet sausage.
:idea: Olof's (Thornlands Merchant) shop seems to be busted.
:idea: Kodiak not dropping high carb treats on Bloodrose
:idea: Map vote system neglecting to send ballots to random players when some players are AFK.

Aesthetic
:idea: Combat music system a bit wonkey on M2_quest
:arrow: Some p_models vanishing into floor
:oldangry: Periodic texture scramble issues

Ancient/Perpetual
Known Ancient bugs:
- All entities invisible bug (type kill in console to cure).
- Lights/sprites not going away / sticking to other objects (Sticky client-side effects)
- Occasionally a weapon/spell will stop doing damage until it is unequipped then re-equipped.
- Can't use charge attack in laggy conditions. (Work around: use +special or +uber or ms_autocharge 1)
- Sitting animation bugs (sometimes saves to character for awhile)
- All water sometimes goes white (texture stretch bug, restart)
- Lack of level up sfx for Polearms (for some players)
- Typing issues in chat. Especially with European keyboards.
- Various Health/mana indicator madness (see also yonder)
- Small sack holds stuff it should not.
- Double attack bug, most prominant with xbows
- All tomahawks appear as fire tomahawks in third person
- Heavy/Light Crossbow jamming when firing
- You cannot use NPC/GM/menus/chests when inventory is full (not a bug, insomuch a necessary limitation, at the moment.)

Also Not liable to go away soon:
- Jumping from server to server without closing |MSC screws with FN functionality
(solution: ALWAYS close MSC before joining or creating a new server!)
- Some monsters still capable of some acts while frozen (jumping, etc.)
- Orion Bow jamming sometimes, (I've no idea how to fix this without dropping the whole charged weapon concept.)
- Spawning a largely full Galat chest on a busy server may lead to server crash when withdrawing items
- Some players report additive render weapons not rendering so in first person, or otherwise rendering incorrectly (Felewyn Shard, Hoarfrost Blade, GIB, etc.)
- Some mixed-rendered monsters may not render their additive bits on some systems
- Disconnecting while dead results in invisible body and armor on reconnect.
- Using changelevel instead of votemap or admin_map may cause various texture issues.
- ms_soccer cameras are hard to get out of if you move the mouse while using them

Resolved from JUL2013b:
- Hitting +use on a chest or NPC/interact menu retains the slow down effect after exiting said menu/interact.
- Double click functionality for worn (gear) items
- ms_reset_when_empty not working on Steam Pipe HLDS servers
- Disconnect/reconnect sequence not running on Steam Pipe HLDS servers
- Dusk TOD event causing crashes for some users
- orc_for -> bloodrose transition broken
- glow issues maybe fixed

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Re: Bug Reports SEP2013a

Ran through m2_quest with some folks... Did come across a bug where we discovered that Sylphiel will bugger up, and refuse to talk to you (continues her little rage walk) if you give her a quest item before you start her quest up. If this happens, just restart the map via votemap.

Other than that, and the music trigger system going wonkey as hell (think because one of the triggers only defines the combat music, and not the idle music), it went off without a hitch... Even figured a way to do the three person puzzle with just two people, but ya gotta be hella fast. Much easier with three.

Very difficult to find all the secrets, but it works.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

I wonder why archery has never been fixed... since the beginning of time, bows have the aim of a shotgun or something similiar, because basically wherever a player aims the bow, it won't land a hit, unless you hug the enemy at close range and make archery look like a meele skill rather than ranged.

Just figured out that this should be changed/fixed, just saw a new guy that started with a bow, he joined me and a few others on m2_quest and i was surprised that he could only aim when hugging boars. To which he replied "Man, this game is retarded, i should have picked swords...", first impression 2 minutes ingame trying to kill a boar, not very good there, right?

Last i remember, the aim works fine starting on elven bow and higher, instead of making the bow's have really awfull accuracy to the point of making it a close combat skill rather than medium to long range combat, make it so that the travel distance for each bow is shorter and shorter, making it look like in order to shoot further in distance, you need better bows to do so.

Also, are there any plans for an archery update for right click? Swords (block or dual), axes (even harder hits, crappy dual, some special abilities abilities), polearms (block + knockback and a damage vs distance on hit), SA (dual wielding for massive damage or use w/ shield for safe play), martial arts (some special abilities with certain items), spellcasting (waiting on possible dual wielding and power charge some spells: more mana charged = more damage), bluntarms (abilities used by bludgeon hammers only, not that blunt really needs an update atm).
I was wondering... if the skill could get a mechanical update along these lines since it never got any serious updates in terms of gameplay mechanics:
-stab enemies directly with arrows from quiver (meele combat, could work with xbows that use ammo);
-short stun enemies by hitting them with a kick/bow (goes with bows that use ammo);
-extra charge shot, using mana to empower magical bows with a bit more damage than usual (any magical bow/xbow would do extra damage by clicking mouse left and mouse right at sametime or left charge then right click charge and release).

hauptmann

New Adventurer
Reaction score

I'm getting lag spikes when certain effects are present. Torches, spellcasting, etc. Dunno if you know about anything like that happening before.

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Dynamic lights mess with some graphics cards, especially Intel GMA series. You can turn them off with r_dynamic 0, but may find yourself a bit blind in the dark.

zeus9860 said:
I wonder why archery has never been fixed... since the beginning of time, bows have the aim of a shotgun or something similiar, because basically wherever a player aims the bow, it won't land a hit, unless you hug the enemy at close range and make archery look like a meele skill rather than ranged.
Get a longbow from the Thornlands spider... First two noob bows are pretty bad, aim-wise.

In anycase, not a bug. But if you have some complaints about the new client arrows, it'd be good to know.

hauptmann

New Adventurer
Reaction score

Thothie said:
Dynamic lights mess with some graphics cards, especially Intel GMA series. You can turn them off with r_dynamic 0, but may find yourself a bit blind in the dark.

It feels like this latest patch caused it. I'm running the same hardware I use before this patch and it used to run fine.

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Hrmm... Well, other than the glow spell, we've not messed with the client effect system - works the same as ever. Maybe you updated your drivers recently? Is it just glowing lights, or sprites in general? Granted, the Half-Life engine had an update just before we put out this patch, so something may have happened on that end. It's closed source, so we can't tell what, we just know something happened. One of those engine changes broke our mouse functions in windowed mode, until we harassed them into fixing it, but who knows what other changes they may have made. :\

I could send ye a little something to test with - just to make absolutely sure it isn't on our end.

hauptmann

New Adventurer
Reaction score

I went back and tested again. Same conditions as far as I could tell only is worked fine this time. *shrugs*

I did get this error window pop up and alt+tab me though.
"Unhandled exception while deallocation memory"

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

So... Didn't help?

Meh, that damn dealloc error... That's MSC's "general error" - almost anything can cause that (not there aren't some consistent ways to bring it up). :\ The miss-match I gave you up to test with maybe causing it not to remove something it should, or to remove it prematurely.

hauptmann

New Adventurer
Reaction score

Thothie said:
So... Didn't help?

I didn't use the file you sent me. It seems to be working fine now.

Thothie said:
Meh, that damn dealloc error... That's MSC's "general error" - almost anything can cause that (not there aren't some consistent ways to bring it up). :\ The miss-match I gave you up to test with maybe causing it not to remove something it should, or to remove it prematurely.

I'll just live with it then.

Thanks Mate.

Snebbers

New Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score

Starting an HLDS or listenserver with the -num_edicts flag higher than 1500 may lead to crashes on some maps.
- 1500 is now the default for clients. Servers should set their -num_edicts flags to 1500 as well, via the command line.

I was just booted repeatedly from m2_quest. Of which I hope all those transitions will be made use of. I opened up my console and I had this.

Host_Error: Cl_EntityNum: 1026 is an invalid number, cl.max_edicts is 1005

Any ideas? There were a lot of spells going on :D, buuuut... I thought max edicts was supposed to be 474 higher...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Two things:

Open your msc\liblist.gam with notepad, and see if it contains the line:
commandargs "-num_edicts 1500"
At the end.

...If it does, it maybe they broke this functionality, in which case, we maybe in trouble. >_>

Meantime, should that be there, I suppose you can add -num_edicts 1500 to your client's launch properties, and maybe that'll work.

Be sure to give me a heads up if it is there, and isn't working - I'll go find some more babies for Mr. Newell and see if he'll dain to fix it.

Snebbers

New Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score

I do indeed have that line in my liblist.gam. I guess I will add it to the commandline and start spamming some spells to see if I get booted or something. Also as a freebie..

Pool Party!

Too big to use Image tags...

EDIT: It's hard to recreate a buttload of spells being cast when people cba to co-operate. Thus orc_for just crashed.

EDIT EDIT: Well I got a full server to spam spells at the end of Nash, nothing happened, nobody else crashed at all, Even the greater fire elementals that do the spamming fireball attack didn't make anyone crash. I just don't get it...

jon50559

Adventurer
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score

While playing today I couldn't attack until I restarted my game.
Killing myself through console or dying regularly didn't fix the issue.
I was using Demon Claws at the time, and the right click attack still worked fine.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

jon50559 said:
I was using Demon Claws at the time, and the right click attack still worked fine.

If it is what i am thinking, next time try putting your last used shield/bow into the hands and holstering it again.
Got that bug once since this patch got released too, one other time (also this patch) i couldnt open my inventory nor switch items in my hands, so i was stuck using fire breaker, untill i opened a chest and the problem got fixed. Kept saying "can't use inventory right now", it wasn't related to item count since i was nowhere close to the limit, guess the inventory just messed up somehow and remained open from last time i used it and attempted to "close".

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

zeus9860 said:
jon50559 said:

If it is what i am thinking, next time try putting your last used shield/bow into the hands and holstering it again.
Got that bug once since this patch got released too, one other time (also this patch) i couldnt open my inventory nor switch items in my hands, so i was stuck using fire breaker, untill i opened a chest and the problem got fixed. Kept saying "can't use inventory right now", it wasn't related to item count since i was nowhere close to the limit, guess the inventory just messed up somehow and remained open from last time i used it and attempted to "close".
Assuming you did the usual drop/re-equip bit (or were prevented from said by inventory restrict), might be related to the JUL2013b double click solution.

We managed to integrate the SDL2.dll interface to our code a few days ago... I dunno if this means I can remove my fake double clicks though, will have to see.

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

Hey, I found a few more bugs.

- The Kodiak in bloodrose no longer drops a Bear Claw so the map is now impossible to beat...
- I got knocked around by d.o.t. from a winter wolf (map was aleyesu I think it's called). It was similar to the bug I reported for some other monster, last month.
- As I stalked some high-levels through some difficult maps, I noticed a few mobs that aren't boss-flagged, while they are (I think?) bosses. I'm not sure if this is intentional but I figure it can't hurt to ask. The mobs I speak of are Kurxus (sp?) in kfortress, that golden teleporting skeleton in mscave and the final boss in bloodshrine (the big black cloud).

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

MS:C community said:
Hey, I found a few more bugs.

- The Kodiak in bloodrose no longer drops a Bear Claw so the map is now impossible to beat...
Looking at it, I don't see any reason why... *Maybe* if you kill the bear before Findlebind spawns, it could cause problems, though if that's the case, it's always been so - and I thought Findlebind spawned with the map, so... Hrmmm...

I did notice, a few patches ago, the item picked up some bug where it was always being reserved on drop, despite having no function for it.

- I got knocked around by d.o.t. from a winter wolf (map was aleyesu I think it's called). It was similar to the bug I reported for some other monster, last month.
Damn those dogs, yeah harder to fix on them than most...

- As I stalked some high-levels through some difficult maps, I noticed a few mobs that aren't boss-flagged, while they are (I think?) bosses. I'm not sure if this is intentional but I figure it can't hurt to ask. The mobs I speak of are Kurxus (sp?) in kfortress, that golden teleporting skeleton in mscave and the final boss in bloodshrine (the big black cloud).
Will flag...

Also, did someone nudge our forum php a bit?

Snebbers

New Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score

So I just got booted from Shad_palace secret area, literally seconds before the armour dude dies with this:

Host_Error: UserMsg: Not Present on Client 160

And when I reconnected, I didn't go to my crystal of reloc I get booted to the prison area.

Also Kodiaks in skycastle drop bear paws.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

I'll have to test to see if it's repeatable (looks like a failed precache), but yeah, reloc crystals, like most expendables, don't stick if you reconnect.

Snebbers

New Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score

Okay fair enough.

A very common thing at the moment with me and Mayor especially, is the inability to vote. As in, the prompt menu on the right doesn't pop up at all, even if we're not doing anything or inventories have space. No idea what is causing it.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

That's a new one... Anyone else here getting that? :\

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

yeah it's from this patch, seems to affect players randomly.

Snebbers

New Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score

Also I forgot to mention before, but that max_edicts problem hasn't occured for me on any other map and may be specific to m2_quest, I can't really say for certain though.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Hrmmm... Not had it happen to me yet... These "happens randomly" bugs are a pain to track down! >< Is it *just* the vote menu - or do you find yourself having to tap NPC's twice to get their pop-up menu and such?

Status
Not open for further replies.