Status
Not open for further replies.

Aische

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Re: Bug Reports SEP2013a

i hope this is the right place to post this

i get error windows every now and then : unhandeled Exception While Allocating Memory
sometimes doing nothing to the game sometimes crashing to desktop

and the game freezes while choosing my char about every second map change

never had those problems before but i didnt play the july patch so im not sure if it started now or then

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Lots of things can cause this error, but usually it's the result of reconnecting too quickly, and getting partially initiated map data. Which is why there's that count down reconnect thing there.

In JUL2013b it stopped working (due to changes on Valve's end). It was restored in SEP2013a, but the delay was made much shorter - probably too short. It's hard to predict how long a wait will be, as it's CPU dependant.

I'll try to see about restoring the cvar that makes this adjustable, but meantime, if you're up to editing a cfg file, you can do this:

OMGERD Dealloc on Map Change! said:
What you can try, if your rig is reconnecting too fast, is open msc\recon.cfg with notepad.

Find the line:
Code:
alias lwait "waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1"
And change to:
Code:
alias lwait "waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1"
(just double the waiter1;'s)

That'll slow your reconnect some, and make it less likely for you to get smacked with partially initialized map data, leading to dealloc crash.

We used to have a cvar for this, but the command restrictions in the Valve Steam Pipe updates made it too difficult to use.

Aische

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score

with that i still got the memory allocation error

with double the amount of waits it seems to work although thats a bit overkill ( about 5 to 10 seconds between 3... and 2... )

Code:
alias waiter1 "wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait"
alias waiter2 "waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1;waiter1"
alias lwait   "waiter2;waiter2"

edit1:

hmm still getting memory allocation errors rarely

and there seems to be a broken script on m2_quest:
at the far end the cave where first bear cub's and then bears
the spawns are really slow and just stop at some point without a wall breaking a boss spawning or a chest
might be intended that way but i guess its not

Snebbers

New Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score

Thothie said:
Hrmmm... Not had it happen to me yet... These "happens randomly" bugs are a pain to track down! >< Is it *just* the vote menu - or do you find yourself having to tap NPC's twice to get their pop-up menu and such?

It's just the votemap system from what I have seen. NPCs seem to be fine, not had any problems with any of them.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Hrmm... Less of a problem that way, but also more of a mystery. Can't think of why that particular menu send would get missed. :\

Snebbers

New Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score

it *might* be to do with the character being classed as AFK, as I have noticed AFK players are no longer included in the Damage Point Table.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

That's been the case for several patches... But... Yeeeeah... Looking at it, I can see where AFK players may mess up the count for sending out ballots.

Not sure why it's using the function that checks for that, instead of the generic one, but it's a two letter difference, and it's gotten to be instinct to use the bot/AFK sensitive variant, I guess ("getplayers" vs "getplayersnb")... (tweaks)

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

Found two more bugs:
- Yet another push-d.o.t. bug (must be getting old now, sorry). Offender: the giant lightning bird in aluhandra2.
- When you memorize how to summon a bear (using a tome), the event log thing (bottom-right) tells you that you learn how to summon a rat. This one's purely aesthetic; you do actually learn how to summon a bear.

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

Another kind of unusual thing I noticed: I beat shad_palace with two others today, and then the alchemist in sorc_villa only sold one fire brand potion and one mana font (instead of three of each)...
And, unlike the previous time I went there (previous patch), there wasn't anybody around to join out of nowhere to steal the pots from under our noses. Did the shopkeeper's inventory bug or something?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Looks like that's what he should be selling... But I still need to rig up an individualized system, so he'll have one for everybody.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Well, ya may have noticed by now that we didn't get a patch October 1st.

I am hoping for one this month, but it maybe pushing it - seems RL is raising it's ugly head again. But we'll get something done... Eventually...

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score

Serpent gauntlets does both poison and fire damage, doing initial poison damage....then a fire DoT....

FreshMeat

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score

I don't know if this bug appeared in this patch, but I'll post it here anyways. After using a swiftblade, pulling out both of my vorpal tongues results in a 50% chance my offhand attacks at normal speed with no boost from the swiftblade. Fixing it is as easy as putting them both back in the bag and taking them back out. At first I thought it was simply the animation, but some testing shows it indeed attacks at the normal rate instead of the boosted rate. Not sure if this happens when dual wielding other weapons.

If I wait a few seconds before taking out my second weapon, the weapon seems to attack at the right speed. I think this bug happens when two weapons are pulled out too fast.

Odin

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score

Hi guys, I am not sure of how this bug actually happened or how serious this bug might realistically be, in other words I'm having trouble identifying the trigger.
I was in Edana, I had Demon Claws marked as F1-hotkey, I was just walking around and I would pull them out and put them into my bag quite fast and listening to the sound of that. Then I talked to the merchant in the entrance to the Edana Square and paid the fee to enter and right after that my Demon Claws had gone *poof*.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

Odin said:
Hi guys, I am not sure of how this bug actually happened or how serious this bug might realistically be, in other words I'm having trouble identifying the trigger.
I was in Edana, I had Demon Claws marked as F1-hotkey, I was just walking around and I would pull them out and put them into my bag quite fast and listening to the sound of that. Then I talked to the merchant in the entrance to the Edana Square and paid the fee to enter and right after that my Demon Claws had gone *poof*.

You raped the hotkey too fast/too much that it decided to teach you a lesson for the next time you decide to do that. :wink:

Odin

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score

Actually now that I think about it, I might have had a de ja vu.. I believe this indentical situation (DC-hotkey-spamming/Edana-Square-entrance-fee) has occured to me years ago, and I've concluded the same, spamming the hotkey seems to be the trigger. I don't know whether or not the interaction with the merchant has anything to do with the bug, it could be just a coincidence.

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score

I'm sure Olof in Thornlands is partly broken. I've tried opening his wares menu in two ways: first by using the npc menu, then by saying "buy" in npc chat. Neither methods worked.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

The guy has his moments, like you do. Two stoners in the same house isn't always the best way to get things running. :wink:

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score

Venom claws last even after death, was on The_wall when this happened.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score

I think that is intentional since you can't ice shield or cast healing spells while using those claws. You can have others heal and shield you however.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score

The old man in thornlands doesn't give you access to his shop when you ask "You have wares?". He completes his dialogue, like "I don't sell to demons but I guess you are okay" but never actually opens his shop menu.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score

Well? Are you a demon?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Lies! ...totally a demon.

Stoned said:
I'm sure Olof in Thornlands is partly broken. I've tried opening his wares menu in two ways: first by using the npc menu, then by saying "buy" in npc chat. Neither methods worked.
TheOysterHippopotami said:
The old man in thornlands doesn't give you access to his shop when you ask "You have wares?". He completes his dialogue, like "I don't sell to demons but I guess you are okay" but never actually opens his shop menu.
Yeah, I forgot Olof has this thing where he won't sell to you until you've "convinced" him you aren't a monster, if you've not met him before. Seems it doesn't play well with the extra functions we tacked on to the vender base. Fixed. (Yay, progress...)

Lucifer Majiskus said:
Venom claws last even after death, was on The_wall when this happened.
Think this has been brought up before, and I opted not to fix it... I don't really like the way venom claws work in general - be nice if they just replaced your bare hands, but meh, take a lot to work that up (if it's possible at all). Dun much like the level-requirement-to-drink thing either - not that a lot of other games don't do that, but in our case, it's just this one item. In anycase, I'll just leave that be for now - you can always cancel by "dropping" them.

Status
Not open for further replies.