Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Tails said:
SilentDeath said:
The installer worked fine on my computer running Windows 10.

really wtf??! Could it be avast protector making it take ages and doesnt go threw???
Just tested in my ex's Win 10 netbook... Which can't actually play MSC, but it runs the installer fine.

Could be any number of things, but it'd have to be something fairly fundamental (like a virus scanner stopping generic installers, or other security settings).

Again, you can manually extract the files with 7-Zip, if you really need to, but if your security settings, user account settings, or anti-virus is preventing the installer from working, it'll likely prevent 7-Zip's as well and/or prevent you from updating some or all of MSC's files.

Also, of course, try re-downloading through another browser and a different link, in case the file corrupted.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
I'm playing on windows 10. Ingame, though, I will frequently get FPS drops for silly things like rain (100 down to 20fps)...

D.Drew

Adventurer
Reaction score
The chaos axe doesn't do elemental damage on a charge attack, just slashing damage.

Also, the defiling effect from the Shadow Lance only lasts 15 seconds if it's thrown

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It actually does, but it doesn't report it to your HUD due to the fact that the script has to capture the hit on the weapon side to filter the DOTs. Just blast a bunch of rats or some such to demonstrate.

The Shadowlance is as intended.

D.Drew

Adventurer
Reaction score
The chaos axe normal attack applies a DOT and deals the correct damage type. I just tested the charge attack again, and it's hitting for the same amount of damage each time and isn't applying any statuses or DOTS, so I'm assuming it's only doing slashing.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Oh, you mean the second melee charge, I thought you were on about the burst attack - the fact that it doesn't report proper was irking me.

That I can look into.

I suppose it might be handy to be able to fall back to slash damage, but not particularly, and especially not in that fashion.

D.Drew

Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Oh, you mean the second melee charge, I thought you were on about the burst attack - the fact that it doesn't report proper was irking me.

That I can look into.

I suppose it might be handy to be able to fall back to slash damage, but not particularly, and especially not in that fashion.

Yeah, I thought the chaos axe would use whatever element the enemy wasn't resistant to at first, so I figured the enemies were just vulnerable to slashing damage, but after using it for a bit, it didn't seem right that the "power" attack and the normal attack weren't doing the same thing.

Also, not really a bug, but the acid lance and the shadow lance have the exact same description. (shame they don't have the same throw effect though, would be awesome to see the shadow lance spin with the dark aura around it)

Selei

New Adventurer
Reaction score
So, I can replicate a bug with 100% chance on all servers.

If you have two rune blades of Affliction, and you cast poison cloud with both at the same time, it crashes the entire server.

Like, completely, forcing it to reboot the server.

I've even tested it on the standard servers (non-privately hosted), with it replicating 100% of the time.

The server error was just hl.exe has stopped working. The server console didnt display any sort of error beyond the program having stopped working.

Tails

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I found out the problem. It was firefox that gave me problems because the only real internet browers you can use on windows 10 is windows edge and I think google crome. sorry about that guys I did not know....-_- installing better now :D, I am so playing msc tonight might stay up all day XD

Wishbone

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Tails said:
I found out the problem. It was firefox that gave me problems because the only real internet browers you can use on windows 10 is windows edge and I think google crome. sorry about that guys I did not know....-_- installing better now :D, I am so playing msc tonight might stay up all day XD
I'm currently using Firefox and Windows 10 and I've never had any of these issues. Sounds like an issue with your install of Firefox to be honest.

Meru

New Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Reaction score
When me and some others tried to enter shad palace secret chamber only one spawned there and the others at the normal shad palace spawn. Only worked for the First Player who joined the Server. Is this maybe wanted but that would make no sense. I think it is a Bug isnt it?

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Meru said:
When me and some others tried to enter shad palace secret chamber only one spawned there and the others at the normal shad palace spawn. Only worked for the First Player who joined the Server. Is this maybe wanted but that would make no sense. I think it is a Bug isnt it?
I think both players need to touch the transition point in ms_cave.

Meru

New Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Reaction score
This we had done. I started the transition and joined as second and spawned at the normal shad point.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
First time I've heard of the bug... I'll make sure Shad changes the spawn destination on all players present when he dies, just in case the transition fails to tag them proper, for some reason.

Granted, if they touch one of the other transitions, that may fubar it... Hrmmm.. I'll think of something.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Seems like the Fragment of Maldora at lodagond-4 is glitched and won't attack.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
I disconnected from the Chicago 1 server, and rejoined to fix my sound issue on Idemarks, and upon rejoining I could not spawn. I could select my character, and I would get the following line in my console.
*** Can't Access Character Menu - Character Loaded or Loading ***

This is similar to the 5hp character glitch, in which you can't spawn- so you rejoin... and your character is at 5hp, but I couldn't spawn at all only on that server.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Interesting...

Did restarting the game entirely fix it?

If not, is Chicago #1 still doing it?

If this be the case, could you try it and then post here, so I have a timestamp to work with and can check if there's anything useful in the logs before I reset it?

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Restarting the game did not fix it. It was specifically the server, sorry didn't test further. Upon map change I believe it was fixed

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Drat... Well, if it happens again, send over the server and rough time...

Also, what sound issue are you having on Idemark's?

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
It was clientside issues that I rejoined to refresh the mp3. The time of the incident was the same time I made the post, 8:30pm Alaska time.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Code:
Tue Mar 29 01:24:36 2016> [STEAM_0:0:xxxxxxxx] Calcifer(0): music wont play for me
Tue Mar 29 01:24:40 2016> PLAYER_LEFT: Calcifer [STEAM_0:0:xxxxxxxx] [ PlayerCountNow: 3 [ 3 active ] ]
Tue Mar 29 01:24:43 2016> PLAYER_JOIN: Calcifer[STEAM_0:0:xxxxxxxx] ip: xx.xx.xx.xx:27005
Tue Mar 29 01:25:04 2016> [STEAM_0:0:xxxxxxxx] unnamed(0): I cant spawn
Tue Mar 29 01:25:05 2016> [STEAM_0:0:xxxxxxxx] unnamed(0): fuck
Meh, nothing useful in the chatlog there - the debug log might have had something, but it resets with each map change (otherwise it'd just grow beyond imagining right quick), so I'd have to catch it soon after it happened.