BUG Reports JUN2011a

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I got pounced today (by a pouncer, yes seriously) and as I was steadily losing 7 HP per punch, I casted a healing circle in hopes that someone would be able to rescue me in time. Dark_Ham and RKS | Sober came to the rescue and tried to kill the pouncer for what must have been at least twenty seconds straight. Dark_Ham's [FN] char is no babby (he's armed to the teeth bscly) yet he couldn't damage the pouncer - nor could Sober. And then I died D:

I've yet to test this fully/properly but I'm inclined to believe that pouncers are hard/near-impossible to hit when they're doing their pounce move.

cartman-2000

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
I got pounced today (by a pouncer, yes seriously) and as I was steadily losing 7 HP per punch, I casted a healing circle in hopes that someone would be able to rescue me in time. Dark_Ham and RKS | Sober came to the rescue and tried to kill the pouncer for what must have been at least twenty seconds straight. Dark_Ham's [FN] char is no babby (he's armed to the teeth bscly) yet he couldn't damage the pouncer - nor could Sober. And then I died D:

I've yet to test this fully/properly but I'm inclined to believe that pouncers are hard/near-impossible to hit when they're doing their pounce move.

zues mentioned something similar in the last patch, that if the player tries to damage the pouncer through magic then no one else can damage the pouncer, the HC might do the same thing...

Keldorn said:
The map crash on bloodrose mentioned by cartman-2000 does not seem to leave any error messages in the msdll log, and seems to prevent servers from restarting automatically for some reason.

Mine does restart automatically, but I'm using serverdoc to restart the server.

Thothie said:
Assuming you are speaking of two mobs with the reqhp property, both would spawn if hp=b. :/ The odds of this are pretty slim, though more or less the same as the hp being between b and b+1.

I'm thinking it might be possible to do "1;2999.99" and "3000", but I need to check the codes.

If the hp total reqhp gets is a floating point number wouldn't be better for it to be rounded into an integer in reqhp? Then there would be no gap between 2999 and 3000 as 2999.5 would be rounded to 3000.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Keldorn said:
The map crash on bloodrose mentioned by cartman-2000 does not seem to leave any error messages in the msdll log, and seems to prevent servers from restarting automatically for some reason.
Got anymore details on that crash? Does it happen straight away at joinup/start? Or is this the one where Flesh Eater makes the server go poof every now and again.

Shouldn't have any lockups that fail to restart on the RKS servers with the clean-exit measure that was in the last patch though. I've not been checking them as often, but they all seem to be up at the moment - and that was pretty rare before.

If the hp total reqhp gets is a floating point number wouldn't be better for it to be rounded into an integer in reqhp? Then there would be no gap between 2999 and 3000 as 2999.5 would be rounded to 3000.
I've still not got around to looking at this, but it maybe that the function that returns the total HP is already returning an integer, in which case, this whole issue is likely null and void - save for the accidental 500hp gap on said map.

J-M v2.5.5 said:
[Pouncer madness]
I can't duplicate in testing, but the issue seemed to be the beast sometimes became difficult (read impossible) to hit with melee/hitbox related attacks, and you were restricted AOE spell effects to pull him off... Hence the cutting of his HP and damage in half... But I can't think of what else would cause this sort of thing.

Code:
{ game_damaged
	if AM_LATCHED
	dbg game_damaged AM_LATCHED by $get(PARAM1,name) vs $get(LATCH_TARGET,name)
	if PARAM1 equals LATCH_TARGET
	setdmg hit 0
	setdmg dmg 0
	returndata 0
}
I hate it when such a simple function goes screwy.

cartman-2000

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Got anymore details on that crash? Does it happen straight away at joinup/start? Or is this the one where Flesh Eater makes the server go poof every now and again.

It always crashed for me "right" as the Flesh Eater dies for the second time, there is no delay it instantly crashes when he dies for the second time. You can play the rest of the map before that normally, not sure about the Atholo boss as I couldn't get that far into the map currently, with it crashing at the Flesh Eater.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hrmm... I see a potential problem with how his light removes itself when he dies - but the script's so old ya think this woulda come up by now. I *think* it's possible to do so much damage to him in a single blow that he'll skip his respawn entirely, or otherwise fubar that process - and the likeliness for that to happen maybe higher than in the past due to new holy weapons.

Monika's_BFFEx0255

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The map ara seems to be crashing on me at certain points, but causes msc to crash all together coming up with some error message. I believe it says ERROR: ------- greater than hunk ####

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Shouldn't have any lockups that fail to restart on the RKS servers with the clean-exit measure that was in the last patch though. I've not been checking them as often, but they all seem to be up at the moment - and that was pretty rare before.

They've hard crashed about a dozen times this patch, but the hard crashes have been restricted to bloodrose and aleyesu (only one aleyesu hard crash though) only.
Thothie said:
I can't duplicate in testing, but the issue seemed to be the beast sometimes became difficult (read impossible) to hit with melee/hitbox related attacks, and you were restricted AOE spell effects to pull him off... Hence the cutting of his HP and damage in half... But I can't think of what else would cause this sort of thing.

Code:
{ game_damaged
	if AM_LATCHED
	dbg game_damaged AM_LATCHED by $get(PARAM1,name) vs $get(LATCH_TARGET,name)
	if PARAM1 equals LATCH_TARGET
	setdmg hit 0
	setdmg dmg 0
	returndata 0
}
I hate it when such a simple function goes screwy.

Think the problem is that when you try to melee or non-aoe range the pouncer, you attempt to hit the player that it has pounced instead.

DoT effects are iffy as well, if the player that has been pounced has applied any, since damage stacking doesn't seem to work 100% of the time.

Tork bows usually seem to hit them though.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Actually... If you are both using the same element in your DOT - then yeah, that would boff it up. DOT's of the same element do not stack. Hrmm...

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Even if they are non-identical element DoTs, stacking doesn't work 100% of the time.

Both DoTs will still show a glow shell, but one (or both if pouncer and one DoT is from the person who is pounced) will skip damaging erratically from time to time.

This applies to any monster though.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Agrath (the gloam hunter) sometimes casts ice shield on the gloams that are trying to kill him.
Also, the Hollow One's corpse flames sometimes instakill you even when you still have plenty of mana left. I'm 100% sure I got instakilled twice at 400+ mana...

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Anything interesting happening on this front?
Been some time.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Agrath (the gloam hunter) sometimes casts ice shield on the gloams that are trying to kill him.
Also, the Hollow One's corpse flames sometimes instakill you even when you still have plenty of mana left. I'm 100% sure I got instakilled twice at 400+ mana...
I guess the $cansee(ally) isn't storing under ent_lastseen. I can put a fail-safe qualifier in there.

Those damned Corpse Flames are having trouble reading MP over a certain amount due to bugs that crop up in the system at high levels, causing it to return 0. I changed up the method, and had them ignore readings of exactly 0, but it seems to still be bjorking sometimes.

Gurluas said:
Anything interesting happening on this front?
Been some time.
cop_medio.gif

OpsMiller

Adventurer
Reaction score
dragon axe first charge does nothing.. used to do like 300 dmg to skellys in dread1

Bordoga

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
OpsMiller said:
dragon axe first charge does nothing.. used to do like 300 dmg to skellys in dread1

All 2handed-axes can't use the first charge. If I recall right.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Yes because they are bugged.

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
There's something wrong with my game, there's a weapon called polearms now and my HP and Mana have fallen behind the average players. I also seem to be missing all the loot released between late 08 to now. There's also a bunch of maps I don't recognise and someone split the_wall in two.

Just kidding, it seems I missed a lot being busy at Uni D:

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Keledros (Older form, in Keledrosruins) and Adunalesge (Aleyesu) both do not give kill notifications or experience when you defeat their second forms.

Caluminium

Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
The Demonic Blackhand's on orc_for wield battleaxes yet when they die they drop shortswords.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Weird bug

^I got that on my alt a few minutes ago while leveling up fire on orc_for, when i went from lvl 25-26, xp turned out like that, it fixed on reconnect but still... it's the first time i saw this happening on FN.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Heavy crossbow breaks very frequently between hits (shoot-jammed-shoot-jammed)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Think I'll have to add that to ancient/perpetual - no clue what makes the xbows jam up. Steam Bow might jam up too, but as it's on an entirely different system, likely it does so for different reasons. Suspect lag is involved with all three though.

As for the other two... Took a stab at Keledros, but it means cutting his XP in half for each kill, if it works (same XP, but you'll have to kill both his forms to get it all) - yet to test that though. The orc_for orcs are easy enough to fix, although it just means making them drop nothing at all. Maybe I'll give them some low-end fire axe later, but that'd be hard to balance, given undead fire vulnerability and how prevalent they are on the early levels.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Cleicert is still having those old issues that make the map near impossible to finish because it breaks halfway.

I've done 8 runs so far, only half of them were successfull. Map broke once on orcs (after killing most of them, the path didnt open and no more orcs spawned), map broke three times after the undeads (wall that breaks and spawns orcs still doesnt break most of the time).

Killing things fast or not, doesnt seem to affect this like some people thought it would. So i don't know what's up with it.

Aische

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
i had some problems with cleicert too in addition to the orc wall not breaking ( about 50 percent of the runs )
the light wall that leads to the maze doesnt open some times ( about 25 percent )
i had the lightwall to the boss not opening 2 times ( the last one )
arty does spawn like 25 to 50 percent of the runs u make it that far
once the cieling didnt break down after all orcs are dead and the hole in the ground didnt open

im not sure but i think it might have something to do with killing a skeleton while doing its spell animation
maybe make it not count for the script of the wall breaking / vanishing

my idea for the solution would be making em invulnerable while doing the spell
i guess one second or even less would be enough
as i think its only the time between the ai deciding to do the spell and the spell starting
( the time of the function / method that starts the spell )

an other idea would be that the skeletons are using another way to handle deaths while casting spells
that doesnt support the death counter for the script that breaks the wall
or the spell casting script stopping the wall breaking script ( maybe by using too many slices of cpu time )
so that it cant count the death ( the last idea would obviously imply the use of an event handling system
instead of just adding 1 to the counting var in case a monster dies )

it seems to happen more often when using something with a rebuke effect
and the goldenforged skeletons seem to be more likely to caus it

those results are from over 20 runs ( stopped counting at some point )
there where at least 2 players in the server at all times
whitch i did caus i wanted to get back one of the items i traded for some potions

Status
Not open for further replies.