BUG Reports JUN2011a

Status
Not open for further replies.

cartman-2000

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
The Mayor quest is still bugged to some degree, there's a good chance the quest item won't spawn in the chest, a work around which should work(worked for me.) is to empty out the mayors chest before talking to him.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
After Avacado and Freerad told me that "the deraliasewers miniboss" didn't spawn for the third consecutive time, I figured I'd check out the entity table. I'm aware that you either get a low-level boss (huge green slime) or a high-level boss (venomous bone abomination).

The problem is obvious:

"scriptfile" "monsters/slime_green_huge"
"reqhp" "1;2000"

"scriptfile" "monsters/abomination_venom"
"reqhp" "2501"

Between 2000 and 2500 HP, no boss spawns at all, rendering the map unbeatable. And Avacado and Freerad had, along with another player, roughly 2300 HP in-game, so that's why nothing was happening.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
:oops:

Odd thing is I thought I set that to at least 3000... 2000 isn't nearly enough to justify Bone Abomination madness, 2500 is debatable.

There's always the risk with these that someone is going to fall into that 1pt gap, and I don't think you can really send fractions at hpreqs... But I suppose I should look that over to be sure.

Though there are treasure tiers for 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000, 3500, 4000, and 5000+.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Would changing it to...
Code:
"reqhp" "a;b"
"reqhp" "b"
...instead of (as it is now)...
Code:
"reqhp" "a;b"
"reqhp" "b+1"
...fix the 1 HP gap thing, or would that spawn both bosses at HP = b ?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Assuming you are speaking of two mobs with the reqhp property, both would spawn if hp=b. :/ The odds of this are pretty slim, though more or less the same as the hp being between b and b+1.

I'm thinking it might be possible to do "1;2999.99" and "3000", but I need to check the codes.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Same issue as before showed up again. This time i was turning in some ihotohr heads i had from previous runs i did, after a few revotes the map decided to do the samething again but this time it didn't eat my heads... It said i couldn't afford the payment of ihotohr head, making me get no reward and not turning in the head.

Guess the chances of this happening are low since i did around 8 more runs to see the same issue again.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The one thing I can think of is that maybe you are no longer top dog in dmg points by the time you get back to him, and thus you are no longer a legitimate owner for "the head"... But that should really only affect your ability to pick up the head initially... It shouldn't cause it to delete in trade or anything. Hrmm... Shall have to examine further.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Don't think thats the problem there, first time it happened i turned in the heads before i fought ihotohr and that thing happened (was doing it solo). This time i turned in some heads i had from previous runs to get some lewt, me and some other guy didn't have any dmg points and it did happen again.

Fegged

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
It seems that the Tork bows are usable for every Element level, dunno if its a bug

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
You mean "The Torkalath Frost Bow can not be used if you have insufficient Spell Casting Fire", now that is a bug.

Oh another bug: Ice reaver cold d.o.t. pushes you around (like the plague eagle poison d.o.t. used to do).

Fegged

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
No i meand that i can use the Torkalath Lightning Bow with Lightning 27 or Torkalath Frost Bow with Frost 29

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The bows only have an elemental requirement of 15, and Archery requirement of 30.

Fegged

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Oh then nvm that :>

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Forgetfullness potion seems bugged. When someone drinks it, on top there are 2 options showing "Yes!" and "No!", after both options i see 7 memorized spells (first seven spells) and a cancel option, would be nice to have a scrolling option to switch between spells i want to forget, i can't delete anything since my first seven are important and i have around 15 memorized spells -.-'

Other info: Picking the option "Yes!" seems to not do anything at all.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hrmm... Damn.... I don't think the system was designed to deal with more than eight spells... I'm not sure if it can be re-rigged to be able to either. :\ Will take some in-depth examination.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
The code half can deal with it just fine. Only hold-up is the menus. Wonder how hard it would be to just make the damn thing scrollable.

Tigerkev

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Heroes of Dawn
Reaction score
RKS still didnt update to the new dragooncaves which s****, cause you can only play it on one server :/

Tigerkev

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Heroes of Dawn
Reaction score
Yes i did, and on all RKS servers it tells me it's a different map. And if i delete mine and download the one from the server it crashes me out :/

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Tigerkev said:
Yes i did, and on all RKS servers it tells me it's a different map. And if i delete mine and download the one from the server it crashes me out :/
Looks like the wrong one on the USA East servers, going by the file size. Dunno if I could fix this remotely, or how long it would take to do it for all the servers affected.

Tigerkev

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Heroes of Dawn
Reaction score
Dunno how the servers are set up, should work when you just put the file in the mapfolder, without a restart it will load the new file.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The servers are CP managed. (Why does that sound so wrong?)... But... It *looks* like they are all updated now - I can't really verify from here though.

The map should be about 8MB and modified June 2nd, 2011.

PY004

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The servers were initially updated when the fix came out, however the patch that I made installed the map to the wrong area of the directory. The problem was fixed earlier this afternoon.

Servers are CP managed, but you can log into them via FTP. The FTP info for each server is displayed in the main screeen for each server.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
The map crash on bloodrose mentioned by cartman-2000 does not seem to leave any error messages in the msdll log, and seems to prevent servers from restarting automatically for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.