BUG REPORTS GO HERE: APR2008a

Slaytanic_pb

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
Well, Thothie, after that whole (as you call it the DC event, please tell me why it's call that? It wasn't just DC's that did that...) event, I really HOPE you don't think badly of us.

First off, everyone knows that more players mean more loot and more map ownage, so what's really wrong about host a 12 player server. It would have never occurred to me that it could break things in the player favor.

Second, After doing some trades with pic, and during that time DC were getting picked up like crazy, it seemed like a DC Christmas for everyone. Woohoo!!!

Third, wait a second, no that's NOT something to Woohoo about... Sh!t, people better stop doing this. PEOPLE STOP DOING THAT!!! I'll be banhammer time if they don't stop... Is it really true, there are all of these DC's in the chest? Better go check it out.... Damn, there are THAT many DC's in the chest WTF!?!

Forth... Damn, some people are coming into the server... and there are enough people in the server... Man, everyone going to hear about this... better make a post about in the bug report. Better get this out in the open... The more people that know what's going, the better this will get handled by all...

Fifth... F*** we're getting labeled as cheaters... God F***** Damint... I wasn't cheating, and neither was he or he or he or... Damn, this is a mess...

Sixth... Woot!! 2 other servers proved they could do it too! And for some reason their word is worth more than our word, so it must be true, it wasn't our fault...

Seventh... Now... Facepalm... Maybe Thothie would have like us to have just PM'ed him about it... But, thinking about it now... I don't know Thothie... If I had PM'ed you about it, would you have still accused us of cheating?

If you like, please reply as to how to best handle a situation like this in this thread, another thread, or just to me...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
CTFD

Yeah, both the licky knives should both be doing elemental damage, so tis a bit odd.

...and I thought I kept it down to less than 100 words, but to be even more concsise, the reasons we don't need servers with more than 10 players is:
• Makes server incredibly unstable
• The game is not balanced for more than 10 players
• Certain critical functions break past 10 players

msc_sig06.png
So... Nerf the second coming?

Clan Hunter

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Might be a bug so I'll post it here. The blacksmith in Deralia is an evil, stingy man. He is happy to buy your old weapons off you, for 0 gold.

Tetsmega1

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
Is the flame lick and Litch tongue supposed to have a first charge? Because it doesn't work.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Neither of the licky elemental knives do the standard speed attack powerup, however, they do more raw damage than most of the other blades.

Clan Hunter

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
But thats the second charge, first charge is normally the stronger attack. Plus knives seem to be the exception so far to what I've found about charges.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Multiple reconnects f*ck with the point system and the whole map, specifically causing some peoples' death counts to mess up and cause you to be useless immediately :|

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I could see how that could happen in interim2 but not #3. (Player indexes vs. Steam ID's)

Still don't have a solid test on #3.

Tentadrilus

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I have steam problems, causing me to disconnect randomly. I reconnect to find that I have no damage points. Is it possible to extend the safety net to protect against all disconnects?

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
My character is hungry. It's hungry for Hoarfrost Shards. It's eaten two already.

I was on lodagond last night when I realized my hoarfrost was gone. I thought I must have dropped it, and it was NBD because the guild had extras.

Just now, I get on my server, load up fout, and Thraxis gives me an extra Hoarfrost. It doesn't show up in my hands, and I pack it after ownership changes.

It's gone. He gives me other items, and nothing happens. He tries to give me (yet another) hoarfrost, and it doesn't show up in my hands. I drop it immediately.

:|

EDIT: I'm using Sunday's interim patch.

Clan Hunter

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Pair of very minor typo issues.

The guy in helena that asks you to find his family askes coul you find them.

The High elven blade's description calls it a nobel weapon. I think that it's supposed to be noble (unless the weapon has won a nobel prize, then by all means it's a nobel weapon)

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Guy in helena thanks to thothie telling me is an unfinished quest and noone has fixed him yet...

Allentrill

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
CrazyMonkeyDude said:
My character is hungry. It's hungry for Hoarfrost Shards. It's eaten two already.

I was on lodagond last night when I realized my hoarfrost was gone. I thought I must have dropped it, and it was NBD because the guild had extras.

Just now, I get on my server, load up fout, and Thraxis gives me an extra Hoarfrost. It doesn't show up in my hands, and I pack it after ownership changes.

It's gone. He gives me other items, and nothing happens. He tries to give me (yet another) hoarfrost, and it doesn't show up in my hands. I drop it immediately.

I smell corrupted character.

Tentadrilus said:
I have steam problems, causing me to disconnect randomly. I reconnect to find that I have no damage points. Is it possible to extend the safety net to protect against all disconnects?
Be nice if that worked the way it should. Can't even get the current safety net to work dependably, never mind extending it.

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
CrazyMonkeyDude said:

Does it appear again in your pack when restarting the game or is it perma gone?

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Good question. I didn't get to try that out, as I was called into work as "late" even though I wasn't scheduled. I'll try that.

And if that doesn't work, I'll start throwing all my sh*t on the ground and see what changes.

EDIT: Okay, now I have two hoarfrosts. WTF? I'm getting scared... Think I'm gonna check my latest rollback for fishy stuff (so I don't lose anything by dropping tons of crap)

EDIT2: Checking my backup (which was after all this had happened) provided no sketchiness. I think I'm safe, though a little shaken by this. Maybe it happened due to interim3 patch to a patch differences? I don't see a reason for that, though.

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
OK far be it for me to "complain"(sorry i was being weird)...but are volcanoe's parryable? I was on ara today and i threw 2 canos up top on the 2 at a time archer ledge (by locked gate) and the archers parried it twice before taking damage...No i know that these orcs can sidestep as i let of the mouse button when ranging them but this is way to weird....how do you parry a cano?
Note: I have also seen parry a lightning storm....Then again ive never been in a lightning storm that drags people into it like a tornado...lol

Allentrill

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Bug: blood drinker does not heal you when thrown.

Please fix so that I may farm maps faster and contribute even more to the influx of rares etc. etc.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
2 *real* bugs :p

One, on mscave, when approaching the... um... "really hot chest" (physically, not metaphorically), servers tend to crash/connections fails when the first tick of the lava hits me. I'm wearing pheonix, so the tick usually regens 2500 mana for me, and if I land, wait for a moment, then continue it's usually okay. The reconnect/crash usually occours when I land and walk foreward without waiting.

Two, on loda-1, while fighting Runehgar, my inputs slowly start to lag more and more. As in, in order for me to run, I have to double tap "w" slower and slower for it to register, also, paralelle to this, my mouse starts to "snag", as in, smooth continuous movement of my view becomes almost impossible. My inputs are *not* the problem, because when I reconnect it's instantly fix, and as the battle progesses, my inputs begin to lag again.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The game tends to get laggier over time. One thing I do know that contributes to this is that everytime you swap out a weapon the script remains active after you put it away (sometimes the CPU equivalent of adding another monster, so it adds up pretty quick.)

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
This is the first time it's ever happened to me, and it only happened when I got into Rune's boss room.

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
CrazyMonkeyDude said:
Good question. I didn't get to try that out, as I was called into work as "late" even though I wasn't scheduled. I'll try that.

And if that doesn't work, I'll start throwing all my sh*t on the ground and see what changes.

EDIT: Okay, now I have two hoarfrosts. WTF? I'm getting scared... Think I'm gonna check my latest rollback for fishy stuff (so I don't lose anything by dropping tons of crap)

EDIT2: Checking my backup (which was after all this had happened) provided no sketchiness. I think I'm safe, though a little shaken by this. Maybe it happened due to interim3 patch to a patch differences? I don't see a reason for that, though.
Try to reequip it a few times now. Does it vanish again?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Not sure if this is a bug, but the Aleyesu chest in the Kharaztorant cult cave didn't spawn twice.
Did it get removed or is the map bugging up?

Also, the decayed ice bones lag my server more than ever when they shoot their 20 000 frostbolts. You might as well consider renaming them to "decayed lag bones" or "decayed internet cables" because it's really that bad.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Don't recall it being removed, it may have buggered up... There's a rather large delay between the first and second waves. Think some of the "extra" ones have long delays too.

Ice Bone's seem to be treating my server okay, although I only ever see the ones on Lodagond, which only pop up one at a time, me thinks. I can see if they can be optimized further, or worst case scenario, increase the damage, reduce ROF, and narrow the cone.

elfstone222

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I'm getting the compunding input lag on Ara too, also on ara and MANY maps in MANY servers, crashing right before/during a boss fight or big battle seems to be about a 50/50 lately, I've had skycastle, Ara, Foutpost, and of course, Old Helena crash at severely frustrating times.