Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ye old MAR2008 bugs be here

:arrow: = Working on it, :?: = wtf/unconfirmed, :idea: = fixed next release

Known issues
MAJOR
:arrow: Still getting No Free Edict Errors
- While, the relights in Calruin2 and ms_wicardoven helped a LOT, and some other stabs have been made at this, I expect you'll still be seeing more than enough of this type of server crash.
- Some stabs have been made at this on a case-by-base basis, but we've still no universal edict trackers
- Good news is that these seem somewhat less common in APR2008a
- Bad news is we seem to have more crashes with no messages at all. >_>

MINOR
:?: If you spawn with a rune blade in hand, it tends to mess up the elemental resistance system
- Not sure why this is, meantime, just be sure to sheath your rune blade before changing maps/logging off
:idea: Map Bug: Sfor - Calruin trans goes to ye old Calruin
- If you are hosting, try this sc.dll patch and report back.
:idea: Stuck in the ground on spawning gatecity->mscave trans
- Meanwhile, transition on an empty server somewhere to clear your character's spawnpoint data
:idea: Ice mages (and maybe some other creatures under the new AI) causing crashes when a player gets directly above them.
:?: Skeletons getting stuck in ground?

Aesthetic
:?: Bludgeon Hammer hits with wrong side
- Suspect another case of "Your other left"

== FIXED IN APR2008b ==
- Bosses becoming invulnerable after 2 kills.
- Ice Queen not dieing proper
- Some bosses not dropping items (eg. Graznux's head)
- Heras crashing
- Lightning Djinn Crashing on spawn on Cleicert
- People still can get stuck in each other on spawns. (Partly Map Flaw)
- Swimming in waterfalls (Map flaw - although deliberate on the new Helena).

Ancient/Perpetual
Known Ancient bugs:
- Become invisible when putting on armor (armor display bug work around, type 'vis' in console)
- All entities invisible bug (type kill in console to cure).
- Lights/sprites not going away / sticking to other objects (Sticky client-side effects)
- Occasionally a weapon/spell will stop doing damage until it is unequipped then re-equipped.
- Occasional scrambled inventory: wearing potions/scrolls, etc. Usually caused by clicking on a character multiple times before load.
- Can't use charge attack in laggy conditions. (Work around: use +special or +uber)
- Sitting animation bugs (sometimes saves to character for awhile)
- All water sometimes goes white (texture stretch bug, restart)
- Mod_ExtraData Cacheing Failed: Listen servers must start on Edana, from there you can changelevel anywhere you want.
- Typing issues in chat. Especially with European keyboards.
- Prices over 32k register as negative on client.
- Health/mana indicator madness (see yonder)
- Small sack holds stuff it should not.
- Bank freaks if you have more than one of the ticket or item you are trying to trade
- Armor display bugs involving Gladiator and AoB. (Need new armor display sys)

Also Not liable to go away soon:
- Some monsters still capable of some acts while frozen (jumping, etc.)
- Orion Bow jamming sometimes, (I've no idea how to fix this without dropping the whole charged weapon concept.)
- Jumping from server to server without closing HL screws with FN functionality (solution: Close half-life before joining another game.)

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hopefully I updated and restarted all the FN servers proper, hard to tell sometimes.

...I'm having an issue with my restarter + pingbooster, sans the AMX (as I'm configured now on the main server). I'm thinking maybe it's cycling so fast it can't see the restarter.exe there. Not sure. N00B server isn't using pingbooster, and seems happy. *shrug*

Rather than axe the pingbooster, I'll use serverchecker for now... I notice the link in the HLDS tutorial for server checker is dead, here's a new one:
http://rapidshare.com/files/21448777/Se ... r.rar.html

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Rabid_skelly.mdl cant be opened

And two aesthetical things i like to point:

-the hair on the back or undamael was not set transparent

-His eye beams should be more thick, I mean alot, because they look as out of place as the eyes I tried to put on undamael

-Orion bow doesnt have arrows, is this intentional?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score

Likely. Orion bow uses mana, and since Orochi redid quite a few models, anyway..

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Just curious if the patch is causeing more lag than normal or if theres something els going on...We have just tried aleyesu
on a 5 man server with only 3 ppl and it lagged out half the time and then crashed totally...normally we have no problems running it with 3 ppl yet now it has problems...so just wondering if it bug or just the server...

Allentrill

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The map always lag like that due to massive amounts of monsters.

BTW today i saw an invincible boar (didnt even move nor attack) on thothies server

Mikkel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
Headless dropped a GiB in nightmare_thornlands then he wasn't able to pick it up again.

Shinitenshi

New Adventurer
Reaction score
FER said:
The map always lag like that due to massive amounts of monsters.

BTW today i saw an invincible boar (didnt even move nor attack) on thothies server
He was gliched >.> I gliched his ass lol

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Meh, the source I had to use for Sfor may have been a little dated. It did not, for instance, have a passage to Challs. As I recall, however, even the more recent sfor lighting was fairly blue.

-the hair on the back or undamael was not set transparent
...Wasn't set to transparent in the QC.

-His eye beams should be more thick, I mean alot, because they look as out of place as the eyes I tried to put on undamael
...He has two sets of eye beams... The insanely strong, single burst you get after his eyes drip white gue, which are pretty damn thick and lightning like, and the thin intense purple beams that he slowly sweeps accross the room. I assume the complaint is about the latter, but I wanted to make it clear you could jump them and such. I'll see about increasing width or using a different beam sprite.

Ever see an Orion bow shoot an arrow? ;)

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
pretty sure he means the failed attempt at a transparent texture on those plants, thothie. not the lighting.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
pretty sure he means the failed attempt at a transparent texture on those plants, thothie. not the lighting.
Pic's too dark for me to see that. >< I shall examine... Suspect this is one of those maps where someone used {blue or some crap.

edit:
Wow,yeah... 205 occurances of {Invisible and 105 occurances of {Blue ... Nulled em all.

vecraude

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I myself liked the arrow thing in the orion bow cause it could serve as a sort of crosshair, using it to get a better aim and whatnot...I mean looking at the new look, it looks a little empty and yes its the same bow but without that little guider placing shots are sometimes a little different feeling.

Course it didnt shoot arrows but again, little crosshair XD.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
-The trans sfor>calruin2 doesnt work because it looks for calruin (old version)

-gold axe rarely rebukes undead with its second charge, i dont even get the yellow glow when i hit them (unless the monsters i kill are so weak they die before getting rebuked)

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
evilsquirrel said:
Pic's too dark for me to see that. >< I shall examine... Suspect this is one of those maps where someone used {blue or some crap.

edit:
Wow,yeah... 205 occurances of {Invisible and 105 occurances of {Blue ... Nulled em all.

won't that cause a bunch of little leak-like looking things all over the map.... -.-;;

Shinitenshi

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ok since am training my second character due to glichyness of my slot 1 i have come across a glitch that might interest you. Ok my Small arms in char is around 6 and i have a flam lick. well...... I can do the fire charge, you know the circle of fire. I don't think its should be able to do that since you need level 20 to actually use it.

flamelick.png

Also I have noticed that the lower levels like rusty axe and rusty sword tend to freak out. what i mean is it swings but doesnt tell u the Hit or Miss. it just swings, this i don't know if it was just me but i wanted to post it out see what you guys think.

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Boss Damage Reduction system is indeed broke. Died only once to Atholo and then couldn't damage him at all even after the message stating "80% damage enabled" came up.

If ye get a second could ye post the script up or PM it so a few eyes could take a look at it if ye don't see what's messing it up.

My only guess right now is that it tracks total deaths and not death from boss.

Either that or the whole token array system is screwing with it somehow.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Wasn’t doing anything like that in tests… You experiencing this on LAN or some such? It’s SteamID dependant, and I could see where it would fubar there.

Bit that record player kills:
Code:
 { game_killed_player //PARAM1=player - goes off whenever a monster kills a player
	if ( !NPC_IS_BOSS )
	{
		givehp $get(PARAM1,maxhp)
	}
	if ( NPC_IS_BOSS )
	{
		dbg game_killed_player [boss]
		//this is a separate  system
		if ( NPC_BOSS_RESTORATION > 0 ) callevent npcatk_add_boss_kill $get(PARAM1,id)
		local PLAYER_ID $get(PARAM1,steamid)
		local KNOW_IDX $get_find_token(NPC_BOSS_KNOWS,PLAYER_ID)
		if ( KNOW_IDX == -1 )
		{
			//player 404'd - add him
			token.add NPC_BOSS_KNOWS PLAYER_ID
			token.add NPC_BOSS_KNOWS_AMTS 0.90
			local RESIST_AMT 0.90
		}
		if ( KNOW_IDX > -1 )
		{
			//found player, dock him 10%
			local RESIST_AMT $get_token(NPC_BOSS_KNOWS_AMTS,KNOW_IDX)
			if RESIST_AMT > 0
			subtract RESIST_AMT 0.10
			token.set NPC_BOSS_KNOWS_AMTS KNOW_IDX RESIST_AMT
		}

if ( RESIST_AMT > 0 )
		{
			//warn him
			local MSG_TITLE "Defeated by Boss "
			stradd MSG_TITLE $get(ent_me,name)
			local MSG_TEXT "Your weapons and spells are now only "
			if ( RESIST_AMT == 0.90 ) helptip PARAM1 generic "Boss Monsters learn your tactics!" "Boss monsters become more effective at defending themselves against you each they defeat you.|Try to avoid being slain by them!" //first warning gets a pop-up
			multiply RESIST_AMT 100
			stradd MSG_TEXT $int(RESIST_AMT)
			stradd MSG_TEXT "% effective against him."
			infomsg PARAM1 MSG_TITLE MSG_TEXT
		}
		if ( RESIST_AMT <= 0 )
		{
			infomsg PARAM1 "Useless..." "You've been defeated so many times by this boss that your attacks are no longer effective."
		}
	}
}

Bit that resists player damage:
Code:
 { game_damaged //PARAM1=attacker PARAM2=dmg PARAM3=dmg_type

if NPC_IS_BOSS

if $get(PARAM1,isplayer)
	local PLAYER_ID $get(PARAM1,steamid)
	local KNOW_IDX $get_find_token(NPC_BOSS_KNOWS,PLAYER_ID)
	if (  KNOW_IDX > -1 )
	{
		//oh yeah, this guy again, resist damage by how well ye know him
		local RESIST_AMT $get_token(NPC_BOSS_KNOWS_AMTS,KNOW_IDX)
		local IN_DMG PARAM2
		multiply IN_DMG RESIST_AMT
		setdmg dmg IN_DMG
		returndata RESIST_AMT
		if ( RESIST_AMT <= 0 ) infomsg PARAM1 "Useless..." "Your weapons and spells no longer have any affect."
	}
}

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Hmm looking through (unless there is some kind of magics i'm not seeing) them both twice, I noticed that the resistance is supposed to be in multiples of 10? however, when I died only once I did not see the "Boss is learning your tactics" only "Your weapons and spells only hurt 80%".

Is there a scriptvar possibly set up to check if the amounts are fubaring after a certain amount of people like the resistance system was doing?

Also, report in from The Magical Bong states that

-=ES=- The Magical Bong: wtf
-=ES=- The Magical Bong: Graznux's Head didn't drop on fout

Shinitenshi

New Adventurer
Reaction score
drop item and then u cant pick it up. You have enough weight cap but u cant pick up or people with no money open a chest and wana get item says cant afford item. lol even tho its free but they cant take it out.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
won't that cause a bunch of little leak-like looking things all over the map.... -.-;;
No, Null is the new {invis. ;) {blue and {invis aren’t supposed to render – but one of them has a messed up palette in the wad, so it does. A null brush only gets that "leak" look, when what's behind it is the outside of the map.

FlameLick screwiness
Oddly enough, the spellcasting.fire requirement for the flamelick is 1… I suppose we could swap that for 10. Still might get a similar situation.

Is there a scriptvar possibly set up to check if the amounts are fubaring after a certain amount of people like the resistance system was doing?
Target boss (might want to bind this to a mouse key) and use:
tdebugt NPC_BOSS_KNOWS
(token list of player steamids the boss knows)
tdebugt NPC_BOSS_KNOWS_AMTS
(ratio of damage tied to each steam id.)

open a chest and wana get item says cant afford item
Which chest?