BUG REPORTS GO HERE: APR2008a

Markkanen

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Just got 4 crashes in a row on Hells Diner now, haven't tried other servers. But the crash happens when i apply ice shield on mscave and jumps into the hidden chest place.

EDIT: Tried it without any spell-effect crashes just by jumping there >.< Tried it on tPoD server and it didn't crash. So i guess it's just Hells Diner that's being mean.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
OK, two thing id like to point out:

-CL doesnt seem to always work (most of the time it doesnt), that mean no damage at all.

-Today I stumbles upon the crazyest map bug, found only in oceancrossing:

seems like 2 players talked to the captain at the same time, and both choosed a destination, and the result was this
buggy.jpg

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Markkanen said:
Just got 4 crashes in a row on Hells Diner now, haven't tried other servers. But the crash happens when i apply ice shield on mscave and jumps into the hidden chest place.

EDIT: Tried it without any spell-effect crashes just by jumping there >.< Tried it on tPoD server and it didn't crash. So i guess it's just Hells Diner that's being mean.

Hell's Diner sucks. It's just a fact we all live by. We try not to go there (and it usually takes them over a week to update their server, so make sure to check what patch they're running, as this caused problems with MAR2008a and MAR2008b and people losing their ticketed items from the b patch by entering the a patch'd Hell's Diner)

Elon

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yeah hi, got realy angry.

When the server crashed at bloodrose, next time i logged into the game i had learned Summon rat, Fire dart, Glow and Eratic lightning. :evil:

Clan Hunter

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
The poison of the Fang Tooth rats doesn't seem to do anything but make your screen pulse faintly green.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
FER said:

seems like 2 players talked to the captain at the same time, and both choosed a destination, and the result was this
buggy.jpg
Ya know, I'm looking at Ron's script, and I can't see anyway this could happen, lest some clever bastard has figured a way to select two options at the same time.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
FER said:

lolimg
Ya know, I'm looking at Ron's script, and I can't see anyway this could happen, lest some clever bastard has figured a way to select two options at the same time.
?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, even then, shouldn't have happened.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
CL is acting like sh*t , barely work at all (and when it does it just targets some enemies nearby, not all)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'll be the master of redundancy around here, thank you very much.

Mouse

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
BUG: If you go to gate city and then back to mscave, you'll spawn inside the ground next to the gate city transition point. Its happened to other people too, and typing /stuck, joining a different server, and rejoining doesn't help. :( Ideas, help?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
My guess would be all the spawn points are in the ground, I shall look into it.

edit: Yeah tis it, fixed next patch. I must stop relying on the integrity of the map sources. (Plus things get shifted between different versions of the FGD sometimes.)

If it happens to you meantime, go to an empty server and transition someplace. That'll clear your character's transition data and force you to start at the gate.

Keep an eye out and report these please. The spawn points haven't worked properly in a long time (and I don't think the randomizer has worked since the MS 1.3) - so more are bound to show up. I know there's one in Helena near the demontemple entrance as well. (Although /stuck works there)

Slaytanic_pb

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
Has any other server admin, or players in other servers, noticed that the orc boss room has been more crash happy since the Apr.B patch? I've noticed that it has crashed around 3-4 times in a row, at least on 2 different occasions, as soon as the ice mages get ready to fight. I haven't had this problem before the patch, but since then it's a real crap shoot if it'll crash or not. Once past the mages, I've never seen a problem.

Also, Thothie, I've noticed that the Maldora's Skeles are getting stuck in the floor when they spawn into the map.

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
yes i have noticed the ice mages crash 9 out of 10 times....and its not just skeles at maldora its skeles anywhere...they tend to stick in ground for some weird reason...

Allentrill

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I noticed a flaw in the AI optimization that may affect the ice mages. Only thing I can advise pending a fix is to avoid getting directly above them.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The_Keep seems to almost always crash when the boss spawns

EDIT: i've heard some players lost their BloodDrinkers after throwing the blade, tought i do not know the exact way this happens

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
The blooddrinker never leaves your inventory. >_<;;

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well throwing it makes no difference, I can tell ye that. Like the Thunderaxe, it's only changing modes and spawning an NPC, not actually flying about.