BUG REPORTS GO HERE: APR2008a

Picadilly

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
Picadilly said:
Here are the STEAM_ID's I found for that run of mscave. I'm sure there were no more runs after that because I took out the map and changed back to edana as soon as I realized what was happening:

[ STEAM_0:1:4268653 ]
[ STEAM_0:1:606801 ]
[ STEAM_0:0:12864684 ]
[ STEAM_0:0:4956833 ]
[ STEAM_0:0:1054755 ]
[ STEAM_0:0:8740276 ]
[ STEAM_0:1:3484931 ]
[ STEAM_0:1:4256750 ]
[ STEAM_0:0:1914428 ]
[ STEAM_0:0:1029999 ]
[ STEAM_0:1:4859157 ]
[ STEAM_0:1:4985228 ]

As for rollbacks, I'd like to apologize to any player who was on the Revolution #2 server at the time of this bug occurrence.
We had no foreknowledge of this bug, so we had no way of preventing your untimely rollback. We're sorry if posting your STEAM_ID here feels like a breach of your personal info. I'd like to assure you, that nobody can steal your STEAM accounts with simply a STEAM_ID.

***************************EDIT**************************

Thothie, can you post a reply to let us know when our rollbacks are finished for this episode?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Only two people there were found to have a sh*tload of demon claws, along with one other not on the list. They've been dealt with.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Needless to say, I think we need an emergency patch with new MD5's (Or whatever) and make it required.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
That would require more time than I have ATM...

Ye can use this temporary patch: http://www.thothie.com/msc_dev3/APR2008a_interim3.rar

Which may fix the boss resist thing too. If it does, please report back. It should include both DLLs. The MS.DLL is SSE2. If you need an SSE1 or non-FPU compile, please send request.

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
This sounds like an assy situation. Poor Thothie for having to work constantly to try and get this all sorted out. I was actually going to play mscaves yesterday but we only had time for sfor and challs. Good thing I'm not involved 8).

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
holy crap on a stick, I go to bed only to wake up to something like this!?! Seriously this is messed up shit.

Anyway, I will run through every dam steam ID I have in my FN password list along with all the posted steam ID's if I find more than a normal person would be carrying of Demon Claws and the whatnot they gets the rollback and the posting if they are clean and all is good I won't do anything.

To keep things interesting I will be checking these people at random and multiple times.

Mikkel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
Blasto121 said:
holy crap on a stick, I go to bed only to wake up to something like this!?! Seriously this is messed up ****.

Anyway, I will run through every dam steam ID I have in my FN password list along with all the posted steam ID's if I find more than a normal person would be carrying of Demon Claws and the whatnot they gets the rollback and the posting if they are clean and all is good I won't do anything.

To keep things interesting I will be checking these people at random and multiple times.

You gotta have something to do.

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
OK to a new bug report here goes...
Frost Arrows in my thornbow when flying have fire animations...they still freeze like normal its just in flight and when they are stuck in something the arrows are on fire....Which is kinda funny yet sad..lol
Edit :it also does it for enemies arrows and jagged arrows...also when orion if first switch too it tends to have an arrow in it then disappears...
Allentrill

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If someone casts a firewall, or leaves a torch laying around for too long, or anything else involving a flame sprite, said flame sprite tends to stick to all projectiles. Long standing bug. ("Sticky client side effects")

Originally, the Orion Bow was going to fire normal arrows with sprites of varying size of them based on how much damage you did. Problem immediately came up that said sprite appeared on all other projectiles, across all players, so we got the huge sphere of dewm we have now instead.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Obviosuly this is not a bug by any mean, Just 2 days ago everything was working perfectly.

Wrath

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I have 32 swords but the blood drinkers charge doesn't work, it does the animation but not the damage! :oldcry:

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
ty thothie i tried it again on ara and when the shamans died it made my arrows burn again so that helps...

Allentrill

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Thothie said:
If someone casts a firewall, or leaves a torch laying around for too long, or anything else involving a flame sprite, said flame sprite tends to stick to all projectiles. Long standing bug. ("Sticky client side effects")
I should point out that "someone" doesn't need to be a player... Fire Shamans actually have BOTH a firewall and a torch.

Wrath said:
I have 32 swords but the blood drinkers charge doesn't work, it does the animation but not the damage! :oldcry:
Mikkel had a similar issue... Can't figure why though.

edit: NVM, I see what it is... It'll have to wait for a client side patch, most likely.

brian4

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I have 34 swords, works fine for me.

edit: Oh, he meant the first charge. Yeah, it's fuxed.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ya know... This latest bit with the DC's has nothing to do with the number of players per say, however, why are so many folks running large servers? Seems to me a) Yer just begging for edict crashes, and b) Ye know full well that more than 10 players makes some things break, and not always in the player's favor.

I shouldn't *have* to instill a 10 player limit just cuz some folks on the FN list refuse to use common sense.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Ya know... This latest bit with the DC's has nothing to do with the number of players per say, however, why are so many folks running large servers? Seems to me a) Yer just begging for edict crashes, and b) Ye know full well that more than 10 players makes some things break, and not always in the player's favor.

I shouldn't *have* to instill a 10 player limit just cuz some folks on the FN list refuse to use common sense.
Running 12 people on my listenserver, I fail to see how a server can even stay running, 8 out of 10 times we had edict and memory deallocation crashes, and if someone dropped a hoarfrost ice circle, bloody hell.

allentrill1000

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Just think i have problems on my listenserver with just me casting a hoarfrost circle.....I know running a server and playing on it may be fine on other mods but for MSC(which is more extensive and complex than any others) its only good for playing around......When i use the low end computer settings for my high end computer the result is nintendo.....so 12 people in a server at one time must be ridiculous..lol

Allentrill

Wrath

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Sabre said:
Thothie said:

Running 12 people on my listenserver, I fail to see how a server can even stay running, 8 out of 10 times we had edict and memory deallocation crashes, and if someone dropped a hoarfrost ice circle, bloody hell.

Don't forget the fire-reaver! :wink:

Picadilly

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:

Sorry Thothie,

I just set max slots back to 8.

After the all-day ordeal of accusations of our server "hacking MS:C", the max players setting was kind of the last thing on my mind before I went to bed last night.

I'd originally set it up to 12 because we ran out of player slots, and there were still people wanting to join. I'd always had the impression that you encouraged cooperative teamplay, and that more players would just be a boon. Also, the server was cooperating so I just figured, why not test it out for a spell? I'd never read any directive that told us that 8 or 10 players was the max players allowed on [FN], so I just assumed it was at the operators' discretion.

Maybe we don't get as many crashes because we're pure MS:C now with no Metamod, AMX, AMXX, etc... I dunno, but it's gotta say something if we can run 12 players without incident (other than 65k items popping up in a chest from time to time XD).

Summary: Max players changed back to 8.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Well, I'd imagine you're running the server off a box, right? Probably not a terrible one at that.

Picadilly

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ya dedicated server:

AMD 939 Socket 3800+
2 gigs Dual Channel DDR400 RAM

Thothie's Restarter
Pure XP Pro, not running any other services, totally dedicated to MS:C

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Bug reports:
Litch tongues do not damage greater ice minions of Maldora.

Reason why I'd like to see this fixed: I would love to be able to farm the lodagond maps even faster, and damaging ice minions with a greater variety of weapons would contribute to this. Then I can get more "ludicrous" amounts of XP, and, most importantly, I can contribute to the "influx of rares", for great justice. Then I can give away excess rares to... what was it again... "twink" other players.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Bug reports:
Litch tongues do not damage greater ice minions of Maldora.

Reason why I'd like to see this fixed: I would love to be able to farm the lodagond maps even faster, and damaging ice minions with a greater variety of weapons would contribute to this. Then I can get more "ludicrous" amounts of XP, and, most importantly, I can contribute to the "influx of rares", for great justice. Then I can give away excess rares to... what was it again... "twink" other players.

The litch tongue is the GiB of small arms.

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Litch Tongue, just like the Flamelick's main attack aren't elemental based, I think they should be changed to elemental damage though, but as of now, they are pierce damage.