New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
little something i made in like 5 mins. so bored now that FN is down

something.jpg

man that skin is terrible hahaha

btw, thats ceriux's ice blade skin for the ball.

Tokugawa

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The idea of Staffs is nice and that model look...Nice..Maybe if you made someting more imaganitive (Check level 60 staffs on WoW ;P) and it might get accepted.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
50% bordem 50% concept.

This model isnt supposed to be accepted, its mearly an idea that can snowball into something big. I might do something good though, im fresh out of ideas right now... cant even think of a map to do

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
its an ok model, and staff models really dont need to be imaginative...perhaps they do for high level or rare staffs, but not for basic ones...i might take some time to post an idea thread about staves, and how they should be handled in MSC

Avoozl

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Interesting concept, maybe staves could have a slot for equipping a single scroll, shortening the casting time and amplifying the spell..

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
my skin looks ugly plain XD

Interesting concept, maybe staves could have a slot for equipping a single scroll, shortening the casting time and amplifying the spell..
that would be cool, and it casted the spell.

maybe it uses more MP and turns into quicker spell casting like he said and then the most rare one does like insta cast and some have insta cast but costs shit loads of mp ... it all depends on the staff u like the best . like low lvl casters would like maybe a staff that add's damage depending on which scroll u use with it?! ooo sounds cool.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I was thinking more along the line of the stafe actually having its own capabilities like shooting lightning out of it or fire.

Though avoozl's idea is not bad at all. perhaps amplifying the dmg would make the stafe worth while

Tokugawa

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Im not one for suggesting but Avoozl that is a cracking idea. Although if you want all your spells with ampped damage and short casting time thats alot of weight and alot of staffs.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
i think he means that each staff has a "slot" where u can add the scroll to the stafe and use the staff.

but that would be kind of silly to have to reload the scroll each and every time the spell fizzles.

maybe you dont have to reload it and u just cast slower/lower dmg

Avoozl

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I mean the slot could have a spell equipped in it, but when it fizzles or whatever, it would remain in the staff instead of going back to the spellbook. So you wouldnt have to reload, just recast (swing the staff twice or something..). And it would be possible to unequip it from the staff and add a new spell of choice.. imagine it as a new spellbook with only one slot.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
We've got a couple of wizard staffs in the future materials folder. Some look kinda goofy, but a few look alright. Sadly, the goofiest ones are the only ones with proper view models though. (Look like testla-coil barbershop poles)

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
hahaha, running around with a big candy cane

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Wands from what we have, so you know what yer up against:

wand1.jpg

wand1_view.jpg

wand2.jpg

wand3.jpg

wand4.jpg

this one has spinny bits on it! Weee!
wand5.jpg

wand6.jpg

wand7.jpg

this one was going to be blunt_quarterstaff, but we've no good quarterstaff anims for it
wand8.jpg

wand9.jpg

You may recognize some of these from dead mods. There are about six others I'm not taking the time to make pics of just now, but those are probably the 'best' in future matieral's wands and staves collection.

Suffice to say, competition: not that stiff.

Tokugawa

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Now thats what im talking about. Most of them are imagnitive and i like the alot. Alot of work has gone into these models and the results are stunning. I would like to see a few go into MS escpecially the lightning one and the green orbed one they look amazing.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Wands from what we have, so you know what yer up against:

wand1.jpg

wand3.jpg

wand4.jpg

this one has spinny bits on it! Weee! (this one because of the spinny parts) model could be touched up
wand8.jpg

wand9.jpg

I like thoes the best

Tao

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Haha, Staffs from wizard wars, but they are great :D