Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
pimpsta said:
The Man In Black said:
dizzy said:
when 1 goes to 2 an has a baby called 3

I don't know whether to be more offended in mathematics or English, so I'm going to go with mathematics. Since when is 3 reared when 1 and 2 multiply? And how does that prove the 2 is equal to 3? Don't post unless you think first.

I SAID NO!

I think you should get your teacher degree and start teaching these newbies. Hey you can't teach me about my grammar! I have a good reason.

No, you don't have a good reason. I have drugs, too, and they don't affect my typing. I can teach you plenty about English.

pimpsta

New Adventurer
God of War
Reaction score
you forgot... english is not my first language.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
In the small room where the skeletons drop from holes in the roof i had to restart the map because the gate wouldent open, seems that one of the skeletons didnt want to spawn.
Meh, may have been wise to substitute trigger_counter's for the fireallpersh on some of these spawns. Never happened in testing, but I know it's more likely to happen multiplayer.

I haven't found too many bugs, except for the orcs getting up after they're zapped by Maldora.
Playanim hold not doing what it should, darnitall. If I reduce the glow a split second, maybe it'll fix that little asthetic bug. Doesn't happen every time, oddly enough.

Stop concentrating on those high levels, just **** em, make some decent training for lower levels and dont give me **** like "OMFG GO PLAY DA ORC_AREAN LOL"
The majority of the map is low level friendly. If you stay away from Maldora and "the red room" you shouldn't have any issues on this map at around level 25.

there is a switch in the red room that does nothing! we would play with the switch and nothing happens. After killing 2 boss. I thought there was going to be a 3rd one that would be harder. But the map is good and great xp!
It opens the door back out, there's just a nasty delay on it to make it more difficult to escape.

I found a bunch of switches that don't work. Great work on the map, Replica.
There are three switches, they all work.
- One opens the gate to Voldar, this one is in a jail cell, so the gate it opens is very far away, and its somewhat counter-intuitive, as you think it'd open the jail cell. ;)
- One opens the gate from Voldar (this is in case you spawn on the map coming from the desert in the future)
- One opens the double doors two/from the red room, in case you get trapped in there with no one on the outside. There's a delay on it to make escape difficult.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
PS. It's worth mentioning this map has Detailed Textures - and, sfaik, it is the first MSC map to use them. They are not enabled by default, so ye gotta type in console:
Code:
r_detailtextures 1
This generates a kind of quazi-mip-map mesh on all the textures defined in ms_wicardoven_detail.txt

PPS. Replica, ye might consider posting that bit on the first page of your thread, along with a link to your map. (I've got it on my page, dizzy has it on his... I need to update the content server still).

replica

New Adventurer
Reaction score
- One opens the gate to Voldar, this one is in a jail cell, so the gate it opens is very far away, and its somewhat counter-intuitive, as you think it'd open the jail cell.

if you notice there are two panels, but only one has a lever. originally i was gonna have it so you grab the lever from voldar and bring it to the jail to release a prisoner, but with the slime cave addition that is no longer doable.

about those detail textures. any map can use them all you have to do is make a mapname_detail.txt file. then you add a bunch of your textures names to it, along with the detail texture of your choice(youll also need the detail textures them selves which, if you have wicardoven, will be in your msc/gfx/detail directory). i think they look really awesome :)

megatracker

New Adventurer
Reaction score
hey is there anyway to limit the bosses time on how long those potion last? cause FUCK those guys like they're speed potion! it just wont fucking run out! deffinetly needs to be fixed

pimpsta

New Adventurer
God of War
Reaction score
megatracker said:
hey is there anyway to limit the bosses time on how long those potion last? cause **** those guys like they're speed potion! it just wont **** run out! deffinetly needs to be fixed

you are talking about the_keep map.

Anyway I figured out the other room. I am not going to say who told me. :p the boss in the red room is a good challenge. but when you go to the final boss, whatever his name is. There are too many horrors! Every time you kill a "whoever his name is" throwing acid bolts at you. the horror will spawn on top of you which that is extremely annoying. You can't even move at all. They spawn one after another. I think that is annoying.

but there are a lot of great xp on that map and it looks very nice!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
megatracker said:
hey is there anyway to limit the bosses time on how long those potion last? cause **** those guys like they're speed potion! it just wont **** run out! deffinetly needs to be fixed

It never runs out. Rather, it keeps functioning until they get to half-hp. (Cuz otherwise, you'd obviously just sit and spawn and wait for it to run out). Good luck. ;)

But yeah, wrong map. No potion drinking bosses on Wicard Oven.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Tirex said:
Acording to your past i can asume that your strategy is speed hacking all around. Thats why the strategy is revealed to Blades only, because they can be trusted and wont report you.

The English language said:
According to your past I can assume that your strategy is speed hacking all around. That's why the strategy is revealed to Blades only, because they can be trusted and won't report you.

There. If you want to insult somebody, at least have the decency of doing it in correct English.

And now, a final word about my strategy, for you, and every other moron who thinks like you. I will type this in caps and in a large font so you can understand me.

OROCHI IS A BLADE OF URDUAL.
OROCHI IS ALSO A DEVELOPER.
OROCHI HATES EXPLOITS.
OROCHI WILL REPORT ANY EXPLOIT HE FINDS TO THOTHIE.
I SHOWED OROCHI MY STRATEGY.
HE SAID: "DUDE, THAT'S NO EXPLOIT, THAT'S JUST A CLEVER <...>"
IF MY STRATEGY WERE AN EXPLOIT,
OROCHI WOULD HAVE TOLD THOTHIE BY NOW.
NOW, TIREX, I FEEL YOU SHOULD
SHUT
THE
F*CK
UP
BECAUSE MY STRATEGY IS NOT AN EXPLOIT. THANK YOU.

Tirex

New Adventurer
Reaction score
To the smart asshole:

1. I dont care about my fucking grammar, kthx.
2. I may have my fuck open as much as i want, until im banned.
3. Thats what you said, il just wait for Orochi.

To Thothie:

1. The ordinary mobs are ok and easy.
2. Bosses are imposible for soloers.
3. Smart assholes go in and camp somewhere and wait while LOWER lvls kill the boss to loot the chest.
4. Instead of placing everything in a chest which will be looted by lvl 0 noobs whitin 1 sec of it spawning make it dropabe.
5. If you dont want that leave the chest but make it accesable to the person who made most damage.

Either make the bosses easier and soloable or brainwash every asshole here so they wont come in and go like: OMG HE IS USING SPEED POT IMA NO WANT TO GET ASSRAPED AGAIN CUZ I GOTS THAT FROM MAH BLADEZ LOL.
No seriusly JM, you just came in back then and started bitching that u aint gonna move ur fat ass while the boss was on speed pot. For your info to make the speed pot run off you actually have to hit him. The best thing you did there was showingoff ur nova and using the skull to hit the boss.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Tirex said:
3. Thats what you said, il just wait for Orochi.
Please go ahead and do ask Orochi if my tactic is legal. He won't explain it to you, though.
Seriously, I can't wait for Orochi to show up and shut you up.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Bosses are imposible for soloers.
Unless you are at least 150% beyond the boss's level, they should be. J-M's illegal tactic aside. ;).

As for 3, 4, and 5 (all related)... I've been trying to work out a system where the chest gives 1 item per player, but I've not worked up a good method for it yet. Thus far all I've really worked out is the "spread the gold around" method.

Fadda

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
There's no exploiting, cheating or illegal transactions going on with J-M's tactics. It is just clever thinking.

pimpsta

New Adventurer
God of War
Reaction score
Thats true! J-M is one decent player. He doesn't cheat!

I find it funny that you can't find the chest on the new map! HA HA! give up yet?

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Is Voldar supposed to have a chest...? Killed him twice and couldn't find any chest lol.
Go ahead Pimpsta! lol at me! :roll:

dizzy

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
let me take the time to.....
HAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHa

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
lol43295wc6.jpg