Weapons skills and the 3 Sub Skills!

Dark_Force9999

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'll just be straight forward...

Why does each weapon skills (Excluding Spell Casting even tho it's technically not a weapon and doesn't have 3 sub skills) has 3 Sub skills: Proficiency, Balance, and Power?

As a level 28 shield archer my sub skill levels are all over the places. for me, Sword and Blunt Arm is messed up.

Sword
Proficiency 21
Balance 26
Power 19

Blunt Arm
Proficiency 22
Balance 17
Power 25

What does Balance do really? Proficiency I believe increases accuracy and power increases damage.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
How the hell do you people screw up your subskills so much? Mine are (at most) 1 level apart, and that's just a few percentage points.

Dark_Force9999

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
How the hell do you people screw up your subskills so much? Mine are (at most) 1 level apart, and that's just a few percentage points.

Trust me, everytime you get a kill, it randomizes a few options.

Give exp for 1 Sub Skill only
Split exp for 2 Sub Skill
Split exp for 3 Sub Skill

Apparently my sub skills for those 2 are going nuts with the option: "This is my favourite sub skill and the other sux!"

I wonder if it's possible to put a restriction on, If [Any sub skills] is greater than [Other sub skills] then, give exp to [Another sub skills] or, If [Any sub skills] is greater than [Other sub skills] then, split exp to [Other sub skills]

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I don't get it, all my weapons skills are 29-33 and none of these are fuxored. The biggest gap I have between any of them is 6%
You probably die a lot and lose xp after completing a sub-level. The xp distibution between subskills are fine in my opinion.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I has an idea... I shall make a poll!

Evaan

New Adventurer
Reaction score
HumanSteak said:
I don't get it, all my weapons skills are 29-33 and none of these are fuxored. The biggest gap I have between any of them is 6%
You probably die a lot and lose xp after completing a sub-level. The xp distibution between subskills are fine in my opinion.

I believe you lose 20% from each subskill. It seemed like that the last time my newbie character died.

Anyways, Proficiency is supposed to give you a better chance to roll above your to-hit.
I.e. a Short Sword has /30 tohit. If you roll 25/30, you miss. If you roll 50/30, you hit. Not sure if it actually is like that.
Proficiency also governs the weapons special attacks (which is pretty much just at level 4).

Balance increases your accuracy. The /30 on the short sword will move down to /29, /28 etc., also increasing your chance to hit. It decreases about every other level or so.

Power increases your output damage. Plain and simple.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
You'd have to level both Balance and Proficiency to lower your missrate :eek:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I believe you lose 20% from each subskill. It seemed like that the last time my newbie character died.

It varies with your level and the skill. The penalty% lessons at higher levels, because it just takes a lot longer to get from say 39-40, than it does from 1-2.