The overly is HUDgly

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'm going to have to make a seperate thread for the voice acting thing sometime. >_>

"Aw crap."

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
"The enemy is attacking our base!"

"AL-RIGHT!"

Drigien

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
The status icons would be applicable as they are now, except I don’t have that remove all icon function.
I've got some code to send, it just needs more testing. I've been a bit busy it was my brothers birthday last weekend, and now my GF's birthday this weekend, and have school starting up again (bah Calc 3 and 4 :( ), but it shouldn't take too long. I added another list for TGA images (for your maps, books, etc..), and some functions for removing the icons. I have one to remove all icons, one for removing all status, and another for removing specific TGA images. So hopefully I can get that out soon.

If you can think of anything else you may want, let me know and I'll try to squeeze it in there. FN disconnected icon maybe? Flashing Icons when less than 5 secs left? Start at the bottom and add status upward?

Thothie said:
I run widescreen, that maybe why the icon bar strips are running over the icons as badly as they are on mine…
That would probably explain it because the positions are based on the resolution. I'll look into dealing with widescreen differently from normal and see if that helps.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Meh, no need to apologize, I'm way behind schedule myself, and I never dared dream of getting anything from you at all, having your own MOD to deal with, nevermind the dreaded RL stuff.

If you can think of anything else you may want, let me know and I'll try to squeeze it in there. FN disconnected icon maybe? Flashing Icons when less than 5 secs left? Start at the bottom and add status upward?
That’s one of those critical icons I think we need, because you’re actually disconnected from FN a lot more often than you know. It’d help to have a little icon in the corner with an FN and a slash, or some such, until the connection returned. It would cause some flickering for the epileptics. It would *probably* have to be disconnected from the script system, although I maybe able to rig a script event when the FN connection is lost (if I can find the bit of the code that does that again…)

Back in the day FN would spam text all over your screen when the connection was lost. This caused much annoyance/FPS lag, but when we disabled it, we basically destroyed the ability for the clients to know their connection status at all.

Things that would be handy:
- Client cvar to disable all status icons (also would help the epileptics/ATI folk)
- Reference tags for icons, and thus the ability to remove status icons by name
- Ability to place on the screen images larger than 64x64 (I’d very much like to start adding books with bits of lore and item formula’s to the game.) – this would likely be a separate script command.
- Critical would be a command to remove all status icons (eg. on death)