The overly is HUDgly

Jawalt

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
Please don't add any more flashing elements to the HUD I am slightly photosensitive.

Jawalt

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Lilly said:
Jawalt said:
Please don't add any more flashing elements to the HUD I am slightly photosensitive.

There aren't any flashing element's on the HUD currently...
I meant to the game sorry. I already have enough trouble as it is with magic campfires ,and level ups which I have to watch out for or I can go into a seizure =(.

Durak

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Jawalt said:
Lilly said:
Jawalt said:

I meant to the game sorry. I already have enough trouble as it is with magic campfires ,and level ups which I have to watch out for or I can go into a seizure =(.

Maybe Thothie can give you some commands to turn them off. That sucks.

Lilly

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Jawalt said:
Lilly said:
Jawalt said:

People like that aren't supposed to be playing video games you know, that's what all the seizure warnings everywhere are for...

brian4

New Adventurer
Reaction score
lol another victory for J-M

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I can't imagine not playing video games anymore. I'd probably kill myself :| .

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
I had someone have a seizure in my room while playing rockband, it was good times.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Drigien said:
Thothie said:
Well, one of the primary tasks I've given to our coders, is to find a way to get Hud icons so I can give condition indicators.

Well if you want to send me some source code [Client code would be all I'd need] to sift through, I'll give it a good look over to see if I can get it something to work for you.

Sadly, it would involve server-side code, as without a script function to tell it when to place such hud sprites, it’s all rather worthless.

I'll pack something up to send to you, seeing as how it's stumped everyone else, and we're already eager to share MSS code with you.

Drigien

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I'll pack something up to send to you, seeing as how it's stumped everyone else, and we're already eager to share MSS code with you.

Well it didn't take too long to get this basic setup [look top left corner]:

and yes, it does work with different sprites:

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Lol... Rad.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie is making me sound more dumb than I am ;-) I could have done this, but I didn't want to take the time to find the proper function for sprites, as we've plenty of other important things that I was working on.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well ye shoulda told me as much. ;)

I've seen the client functions, but never took the time to figure how to bind them to the server side scripts.

I'm a little worried that particular function may lead to fuxing with our ATI/Vista users though. If it does, we may need to introduce a new client-side var like ms_lildude 0, or in this case, ms_ati_sux 1

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, this still doesn't replace the hud health icons, just gets us status icons (if Drigien can work out the bit where we have a script command for it.). Granted, you'd need to learn photoshop and give us something nice in 256 colors for that to be really useful anyways.

Lilly

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Well, this still doesn't replace the hud health icons, just gets us status icons (if Drigien can work out the bit where we have a script command for it.). Granted, you'd need to learn photoshop and give us something nice in 256 colors for that to be really useful anyways.

I have learned photoshop and could make something MUCH nicer, I was just doodling with paint (as it's less work) as little examples. If you want me to make one I can make it look much more fancy then those...

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Drigien just needs to put it with the other NET_MSGes. There are plenty of examples in ScriptCmds.cpp. (Search MESSAGE_BEGIN )

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Okay, now I want a penis health/mana bar. MAKE IT.

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
DUDE my health bar would go off the screen and I have a 22 inch monitor :oldshock: