The ore and emoness

Molecular

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Now I'm not one to whine a lot on public forums and what not (oh wait, I think I am) but lately i've been getting frustrated at a particular quest that requires you to get a packet of loreldian ore, which seems to be, fairly rare.

I've been farming mscave a lot, as have most people looking for this ore. I've timed myself and with a raven and some clever bhopping, one run takes me roughly 30-35 seconds. With the loading time from changing the map, we're up in probably 50 seconds a run.

Each run, I go only to the room of 9 chests, I do not kill any monsters, I just peek the chest and then leave. I've been doing this in regular intervals counted by hours, and estimate roughly 70 runs / hour.
I've now done a total of 16 hours of this farming, resulting in a grand total of 10000 chests. During this interval, i've found a countless amounts of dark helmets, elven longbows, and what i've counted to be 12 PCFK's.

And yes, I do have the broken axe hilt in my inventory.

The mscave runs themselves, I've come to deal with, but it's the paranoia that's been getting to me. The thought keeps sneaking up: "what if you're bugged". "What if you're doing something wrong". "What if you just can't see the ore". "What if you take that razorblade over there and slit yourself".

So I've been asking people around, and so far it seems I'm not doing anything wrong. I've tried most stuff though. I usually have my the broken axe hilt in the first inventory pack to come up, to make sure the game is reading that it's there. I've asked people, and most of them said they got the ore while being alone on their own server, so I reckon that's ok, even though whenever I see servers with players on, as long as there are chests on the maps they're playing, i'll log on and scour all the chests, as i've heard the droprate increases with other players on the map.

Personally I think i'm gonna give up now, just wanted to share a painful story (and if anyone needs a pcfk for free, give me a yell, I think i'm about to start some sort of pcfk inflation here).

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
[second hint]Empty the chests. If for nothing else at least you can sell the lewt for the highly taxing gold requirement
[/second hint]

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
[Third hint] Check every chests more than once![Third hint]

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score